Sponsored

Line Lock Enabled On Non-GT!!

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
You seem to have skipped the first page of this thread....when shit gets done and working then nobody cares or even appreciate it otherwise we see people whining just like yourself....smh, and after all when I post the other tutorial, you and people like you will just look at and say "it ain't confirmed"
You seem to have missed the countless posts where I have contributed to many as-built modifications, and have worked countless hours to enable line lock on an ecoboost. Clearly in the time it took you to post this rant, you could have posted how to enable if it had truly been accomplished.

So, make me eat my words now...:headbonk:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
You seem to have missed the countless posts where I have contributed to many as-built modifications, and have worked countless hours to enable line lock on an ecoboost. Clearly in the time it took you to post this rant, you could have posted how to enable if it had truly been accomplished.

So, make me eat my words now...:headbonk:
Rant? Lol
Well you spent countless hours and couldn't do it...which obviously highlights your poor skills.
Anyways just wait and see and don't be a dick

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Thanks man! Has anyone else attempted this yet just to confirm? Really appreciate your hard work on this!

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Rant? Lol
Well you spent countless hours and couldn't do it...which obviously highlights your poor skills.
Anyways just wait and see and don't be a dick
Poor skills? Because I didn't follow directions from a Russian forum and instead have sat around for countless hours actually locating information for as-built modifications my skills are poor? All from the one doing the name calling, guess I shouldn't expect any less.

THE EASY WAY HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE FIRST POST ;)
And as I said before, I'll eat my words. But, if you search my post history, you will also see countless arguments I have been in that the only way to accomplish this modification would be to flash the GT firmware on the EB/V6 controller, which is exactly what you are doing here. Honestly, while this is definitely an easier way for someone who already has the hardware, it's MUCH cheaper to find a GT controller and install it instead of paying for new equipment used to flash firmware files.

With that said, if there are many people in Central Florida interested in performing this mod to their EB/V6 car, I've been considering purchasing a unit and tokens for some time now. This might be what drives me to finally jumping in...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Poor skills? Because I didn't follow directions from a Russian forum and instead have sat around for countless hours actually locating information for as-built modifications my skills are poor? All from the one doing the name calling, guess I shouldn't expect any less.

And as I said before, I'll eat my words. But, if you search my post history, you will also see countless arguments I have been in that the only way to accomplish this modification would be to flash the GT firmware on the EB/V6 controller, which is exactly what you are doing here. Honestly, while this is definitely an easier way for someone who already has the hardware, it's MUCH cheaper to find a GT controller and install it instead of paying for new equipment used to flash firmware files.

With that said, if there are many people in Central Florida interested in performing this mod to their EB/V6 car, I've been considering purchasing a unit and tokens for some time now. This might be what drives me to finally jumping in...
Dude, what's the matter with you?!

All of this was done by myself and myself only! No Russian forums or anything else, if you do happen to find anyone doing this then please post the link before you go about accusing me of "reading a Russian forum"...I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm very disappointed that you come here and act like this after me trying to help everyone in here...instead you should be thanking me!!!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Wondering how healthy it is using LL on a vehicle not designed for it. I suppose the warranty will be voided. But, good job hacking the car.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Well the dual mass flywheel on the V6 is the weak link. Some have busted it with just bolt on power levels. I went with with a standard flywheel, like the V8 (pre 2018), when my dual mass broke.

Sponsored

TommyCardello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
THE EASY WAY HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE FIRST POST ;)
I have some thoughts on this.

First of all thanks! Great job!

However, what you have done, looks like flashing GT firmware on the module. That's a nice way to go, but is it possible to flash original Ecoboost or V6 firmware back? If yes, where is it possible to get the original files?

I'd like to find out will this setup void the warranty and if there is such possibility, will it help to flash it back before the visit to a dealership?

One more thing, I've seen some your posts on AS_BUILD thread about enabling digital speedo. That also requires flashing the GT350 firmware. Wouldn't it better to flush GT350 Firmware in this thread then?

Thanks!

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I have some thoughts on this.

First of all thanks! Great job!

However, what you have done, looks like flashing GT firmware on the module. That's a nice way to go, but is it possible to flash original Ecoboost or V6 firmware back? If yes, where is it possible to get the original files?

I'd like to find out will this setup void the warranty and if there is such possibility, will it help to flash it back before the visit to a dealership?

One more thing, I've seen some your posts on AS_BUILD thread about enabling digital speedo. That also requires flashing the GT350 firmware. Wouldn't it better to flush GT350 Firmware in this thread then?

Thanks!
It's so easy to flash the original files back, you just need to ask me for the files...It will not void the warranty in any way as you'll be flashing Ford OEM firmware files.

The GT350 cluster files won't do any good as you will lose the drive modes and the steering feel functions

TommyCardello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
The GT350 cluster files won't do any good as you will lose the drive modes and the steering feel functions
Wow, looks like it definitely a bad idea and digital speedo doesn't worth it. Thanks for this info, I didn't know that.
I was playing with Engineering mode (Hold OK button and start the engine, but most likely you know about it) which enables speedo. And I've seen how it works on 2017 F-150. I don't understand why Ford removed it for Mustangs.

It will not void the warranty in any way as you'll be flashing Ford OEM firmware files.
Thanks! It sounds good enough to try your solution.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Thanks for your efforts!!

Does the "easy way" NOT require the use of a gt abs module? This is mad interesting!

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Thanks for your efforts!!

Does the "easy way" NOT require the use of a gt abs module? This is mad interesting!
You do not need the GT ABS module if u follow the second way
Sponsored