Sponsored

Lid for Ford Performance CAI ?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Anyone knows of one or has fabbed one themselves ? Ford Performance intake that is part of Ford Performance power package for 18+ car and I think is standard on Bullit / Mach 1 / GT350.
Sponsored

taylor.crandall1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There's no lid for it, but you can go a step further and replace the entire box with the GT500 box and matching lid.
This is interesting.

Would the entire GT500 intake work or just the box?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
This is interesting.

Would the entire GT500 intake work or just the box?
I don't think anyone has tried it, but it would be kind of unnecessary if you already have the 350 one.

This is a picture I found of the 500 airbox on the 350 intake tube, there are a few other threads on this.

1684531735979.png

taylor.crandall1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I bought one and am satisfied. Contact them through here and see if they can put the kit together again.
Did it really do much for IAT's at stop? I find the FP intake is just fine when you're moving, it only gets heat soaked if you're moving slow or sitting with the fan on since the box doesn't seal completely around the tube portion. Does the GT500 box address that?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I am just wondering if you could run something like the Kong intake on a GT350 or Mach 1:
I don't think it will fit, it seems the throttlebody of the supercharged engine is a bit offset to one side and not exactly in the middle of the heads. And it's pretty level, while the 350 and GT intakes have a slight angle up. Although besides the carbon fiber, that intake looks very similar to the JLT which obviously fits well.

IMO unless you're going for max N/A effort (big cams, ported heads, CJ etc.), it's a bit overkill. You don't need that big intake for a stock cams 5 liter. It would probably be easier to make your own custom one with some elbows and couplers. There's also the P51 intake that goes into the fenderwell area and it's a semi-home made setup.

1684583986978.png

stang1087

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Did it really do much for IAT's at stop? I find the FP intake is just fine when you're moving, it only gets heat soaked if you're moving slow or sitting with the fan on since the box doesn't seal completely around the tube portion. Does the GT500 box address that?
It didn't make much of a difference for me temperature wise. 1 or 2 degrees cooler at best. This assumes the FRPP box makes a good seal against the hood. In my case, I had to lower the hood quite a bit to get a good seal. This resulted in the hood sitting lower than the top of the fender. For me it was worth it to be able to fix the hood alignment. The results are good if you go all out with insulation. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...gt500-airbox-cover.160642/page-5#post-3582856

Since you have the FRPP kit you only need to order the box and the lid. The rest of the small parts can be transferred. The linked kit at Levittown is only for people who want to add the GT500 box but don't have a FRPP kit.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP

At a full stop or very slow speeds it made no difference. There is just not enough airflow through the airbox and inlet duct to cool everything back down once the engine bay is heat soaked. However, temps will go back down more quickly once you get moving especially if you are using more throttle to move more air into the engine. I, too, saw 1-3 degree lower intake temps at cruise above 40MPH as many others have indicated. I am still considering the application of heat reflective tape or continuing to search for a spray on insulation (currently preferred due to the appearance of the reflective tape solution) to try and reduce the heat soak issue on the airbox and throttle duct.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
At a full stop or very slow speeds it made no difference. There is just not enough airflow through the airbox and inlet duct to cool everything back down once the engine bay is heat soaked. However, temps will go back down more quickly once you get moving especially if you are using more throttle to move more air into the engine. I, too, saw 1-3 degree lower intake temps at cruise above 40MPH as many others have indicated. I am still considering the application of heat reflective tape or continuing to search for a spray on insulation (currently preferred due to the appearance of the reflective tape solution) to try and reduce the heat soak issue on the airbox and throttle duct.
Thanks for the info. Really adds perspective to whether the cost and hassle are worth it. Although for the clean appearance and to stop the paint from getting rubbed off the underside of my hood, the $200 is probably worth it and the slight IAT improvement could be considered just gravy.

Sometimes I get a knock coming off idle in the summer heat, but doesn't sound like this will help.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Gt500 top on 350 base.

9ACACC8F-5A07-4466-A222-000EA3D4D4AC.jpeg
The only thing you had to purchase was the lid? I. E. The GT500 lid attaches right onto the GT350 box with no additional pieces?

I have what is presumed to be a competely sock GT350 box as was supplied in the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 kit.
Sponsored