Sponsored

Let's discuss windshield wipers

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have Michelin advanced silicone wipers on since october 2019, they still work pretty good. My car is parked in covered spots though during the day so they dont get too much direct sun exposure.
Sponsored

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Rain X silicone wipers and cleaning them once every two weeks has kept them going strong. They would probably last longer if it wasn’t for the Texas heat.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Why do I get the feeling you eat too many donuts? :crackup:
I don't even eat them. My wife drinks their coffee and always has a stack of the napkins, I take most of them and put them in every vehicle we have.
Free wiper wipes, works 4 me.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I have RainX Latitude blades on all 6 of my vehicles....best blade out there in my opinion.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have used RainX blades for years on all of my cars. But, I have not put them on my GT yet... it's never been rained on.

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using the RainX blades, and they work really well on my truck. Also, installed them on the 350, but haven't used them since it never sees rain.

OP
OP

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
Just ordered a set of RainX Latitudes. I put a set on my daughters car on Saturday but her car has the easy J hook arms. Hope I can figure out how to put them on my car

Don

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I have Trico Onyx blades on mine. I've used them on all the vehicles I've purchased for myself and will continue to do so as they work very well. Assuming the Latitudes come with the required hardware, they should be as big of a breeze to install as mine were.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Also clean your windshield. The road grime buildup will make you think your wipers blades need replacing. Use either Bon-Ami cleanser or bar keepers friend, they are both fine grain cleansers that are safe for glass. And use a blue scotch bright kitchen sponge. The blue is a finer grain than the green scratchy sponge. Wash the windshield first, while still wet sprinkle with cleanser and start scrubbing with the kitchen sponge using the scotch bright side. You can feel when your glass is clean, and keep it wet while scrubbing.
Great tip! I've used the Rainx squeeze bottle cleanser with a pad for years with good results also. Keeping the windshield and blades clean is key !

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I use Bosch Icons and have Autozone change them free. The price is going up and quality down. I will change brands next time

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I just changed the wipers on my 2014 a couple weeks ago. The original ones were still on and they were streaking very badly. Mind you they were 7 years old. Replaced them with Bosch Icons. Will see how they last in the winter time.

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I use Bosch Icons and have Autozone change them free. The price is going up and quality down. I will change brands next time
Agreed. I was washing the car the other day, lifted the driver's side wiper up to clean under there, and the whole freaking thing came off the wiper arm when I accidentally grazed it. WTF Bosch?

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
There are better ones to use

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
You guys drive em in the rain?? 😮

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I have Trico Onyx blades on mine. I've used them on all the vehicles I've purchased for myself and will continue to do so as they work very well. Assuming the Latitudes come with the required hardware, they should be as big of a breeze to install as mine were.
Never heard of those. Are they good? Used some Trico’s a few years back and they were horrible.
Sponsored