Sponsored

"Let's be reasonable. We can't do that."

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Porsche door close sound is solid not like a VW Beetle
Yeah that's what I said. They make a solid clunk/clink sound when they are closed. You must not be very familiar with beetles if you think they aren't similar.

The doors in 911s (and my 944) also remind me of a beetle door in how thin they are and the feel of the latch when they are opened.
Sponsored

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I always do my own oil changes ,its not something the dealer does well IMO anyway.
Its always the new guy doing the work anyway so Im good

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Goes to show just how well they know the product they sell. Now, if they offer you free oil changes with the Mach E... :sunglasses:

Sponsored

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
You opened yourself up for it? Great that you like them, obviously I don't. You're never going to convince me that I need to "respect" them. As I said, I have eyes, I can see what they look like. No need to go to the optometrist for me. I can see a squashed bug with or without my contacts in :crackup:
Opened myself for what ? What are you 20 years old?

Dude, not trying to make you like them. It's not about what they look like, they drive great. History proves you wrong they have dominated racing for years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My Porsche story...

For whatever reason I got it in my head last year that I wanted a used 911. Looked at tons, fantasized about buying hundreds on car apps, etc. Then I went and drove a couple of low-mileage ones... and was instantly turned off. For $100k I just didn't find that they gave much (if any) more thrill than my dad's $25k (with about $10k mods) Mustang GT.

That sealed it for me - I instantly knew that I just wanted a lot of HP and for the car to be loud (i.e. Mustang)... it was a bonus that I could get a new one for about 1/3rd the price of the Porsche.

Not saying Porsche's aren't great cars - but if all you want to do is romp around with some loud noise coming out the back... I think the Mustang does that much better ;-)

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nooooo surely not. I buy my own and do it. 10 qts of MC 5/20 full synthetic is 52.00 and filter is 18 I think. So 70.00 in parts. Whatā€™s the deal charge for those that take it to the dealer was my question.
Interestingly, my dealer only charged me $65 for my Mustang GT oil change...

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Interestingly, my dealer only charged me $65 for my Mustang GT oil change...
Full synthetic or synthetic blend? Hell I may take it to the dealer if itā€™s full synthetic šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Full synthetic or synthetic blend? Hell I may take it to the dealer if itā€™s full synthetic šŸ˜‚
I think it was the blend. Note that this was technically a ā€œQuicklaneā€ which is attached to my dealership.

I only took it there for the first oil change (so itā€™s documented well). Iā€™ll be doing my own from now on.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You opened yourself up for it? Great that you like them, obviously I don't. You're never going to convince me that I need to "respect" them. As I said, I have eyes, I can see what they look like. No need to go to the optometrist for me. I can see a squashed bug with or without my contacts in :crackup:
Looks like you don't spend enough time on the track with Porsche's. This things ether GT3 or GT4's really move. I regularly have my ass kicked by Porsche's around here. Not a fun experience. I would love to one day own one though huge Porsche fen.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Opened myself for what ? What are you 20 years old?

Dude, not trying to make you like them. It's not about what they look like, they drive great. History proves you wrong they have dominated racing for years.
They drive great and I think most years also look great. The 996 I don't like from a looks standpoint, but most years I think are very good looking. And on track from what I understand they are also terrific. I think they are a little bland on the street, but I'm sure they are awesome on track.

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
They drive great and I think most years also look great. The 996 I don't like from a looks standpoint, but most years I think are very good looking. And on track from what I understand they are also terrific. I think they are a little bland on the street, but I'm sure they are awesome on track.
You have to know I own Mustang and a F-150 So I like all vehicles. I even have a Honda VFR 750. Happy Easter to you all.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
And speaks to the naivety of the customer, trying to get something for nothing .............. LAMO, every time I read a post like this.

So funny, no sympathy .
Greg, slow your roll. OP knew this wasnā€™t possible, even said as much. I found it humorous and a lesson for anyone to never believe anything said by a car salesman.

If it were me, I would have fried the salesman and gotten my $16 oil change.
Sponsored