Sponsored

Damn it! I can't do it...

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have a winter beater. No matter the climate, I always have a beater for things like parking in tight, crowded, lots (like a Dr office, or a sports event), going to the "bad part of town", etc. I'm actually so vested in this beater I'm considering making it a beater sleeper. It's a '99 Durango with 200k miles. It's almost time for an engine, so I'm mulling over a Blueprint built 408 for it, because it cracks me up thinking about a rusty old beater whoopin' on some unsuspecting people.
Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Get yourself a 2nd vehicle, even though it's just a Mustang, performance cars aren't fun plowing through snow and slush like we have here in Michigan for 5 months a year. Why drive it when you can't experience the performance aspects that make it so enjoyable?

A 6 cylinder Mustang passed me the other day covered in ice and snow after being left outside the previous night, it made me cringe.

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Definitely get a beater. I don’t even drive my f350 diesel up here in the winter. My wife thinks I’m crazy, but I hate salt. I drive an 03 f350 with a v10 during the winter, it’s already full of rust. Come spring time it really makes you appreciate your nice stuff after driving a pos all winter long.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Well if it makes you feel any better I just bought a new supra and here in NC they salt the roads trees and children if anyone mentions snow from 1987. The way home from the dealer I got on interstate and immediately got sandwiched between trucks and wouldn't ya know the one in front was a salt chemical slush spreader. I got stuck behind him for 3 miles and the brand new car was covered in that slurry salt chemical crap. I got off interstate and immediately got behind a beater truck blowing oil out the back so I got a splattering of that too. So I was well christened in my first 6 mile trip. Straight to the car was with the powerful undercarriage wash. I was mad then got over it. The cars now come with 5 year corrosion warranties so... Just run it through the wash with undercarriage and youll be fine.

Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I would have needed therapy after that. For the first time in my life, I'm obsessing over this car like no other. Had front clip plastic coated, ceramic wax everywhere else. Takes forever to find a safe parking spot; no rain. no snow, and NO SALT. Id rather drive it in rain ( happened 3 or 4 times) than driving on salty roads.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I would have needed therapy after that. For the first time in my life, I'm obsessing over this car like no other. Had front clip plastic coated, ceramic wax everywhere else. Takes forever to find a safe parking spot; no rain. no snow, and NO SALT. Id rather drive it in rain ( happened 3 or 4 times) than driving on salty roads.
I hear ya, I was the same way then one day I realized its a car. A tool an appliance its a depreciating value item. I am not gonna spend that kind of money to sit and look at it in a garage. The corrosion protecting on cars is light years ahead of where it was in the 70s and 90s. The cars come with 5 years corrosion warranty which is longer them most people keep the car LOL. I hate colorful car sayings but Im gonna use one here. its like keeping your wife a virgin for the next guy LOL.
I mean if you only drive it on sunny 70 degree days when you have time off and not working and not in rain and not in cold and not with any other number of stipulations people have then um.... then you jut paid a lot of money to let something sit and not use it for its intended purpose.

And then there is the warranty. i mean hell they give a longer warranty on the corrosion then the car. so they are pretty confident in that protection more so then the 3 years on the engine LOL. just drive it and then once a week run it through a wash with under carriage. I know it works cause when i do get work done ive been told my underside is spotless :)

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya, I was the same way then one day I realized its a car. A tool an appliance its a depreciating value item. I am not gonna spend that kind of money to sit and look at it in a garage. The corrosion protecting on cars is light years ahead of where it was in the 70s and 90s. The cars come with 5 years corrosion warranty which is longer them most people keep the car LOL. I hate colorful car sayings but Im gonna use one here. its like keeping your wife a virgin for the next guy LOL.
I mean if you only drive it on sunny 70 degree days when you have time off and not working and not in rain and not in cold and not with any other number of stipulations people have then um.... then you jut paid a lot of money to let something sit and not use it for its intended purpose.

And then there is the warranty. i mean hell they give a longer warranty on the corrosion then the car. so they are pretty confident in that protection more so then the 3 years on the engine LOL. just drive it and then once a week run it through a wash with under carriage. I know it works cause when i do get work done ive been told my underside is spotless :)
You may think of it as a tool or appliance, but for many of us it's a toy that's no fun to play with in snowy, slushy frigid conditions. And the cars look like shit the entire winter covered in all that road grime, ice and snow.

Not sure how practical a Mustang is as an only car here in winter states, but to each their own.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Have you driven in snow? It's incredibly fun. Good tires are a must of course. Good thing there are plenty to choose from a variety of brands.
Plus the newer ones have a snow mode.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you driven in snow? It's incredibly fun. Good tires are a must of course. Good thing there are plenty to choose from a variety of brands.
Hahaha, you and I have a much different definition of fun, but as I said, to each their own, as long as you're being safe, do your thing.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
You may think of it as a tool or appliance, but for many of us it's a toy that's no fun to play with in snowy, slushy frigid conditions. And the cars look like shit the entire winter covered in all that road grime, ice and snow.

Not sure how practical a Mustang is as an only car here in winter states, but to each their own.
I'm of the same mind it just wouldn't be any fun for me if I can't rod it at will and having it look like $hit while doing that too. :)
Sponsored