Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
They do the mileage deduction for the first trip to the dealer. I brought it in at 1169 miles and they only deduct the price of the car before TTL. So it's about 1169 miles divided by 120,000 and then that is multiplied of the pre TTL price of around $39,000 = $374 deducted from my OTD price of $43,272.35. I'm at 6200 miles right now.

I will be doing a refund. I already ordered a 2019 Dodge Charger 392 Daytona in Granite Crystal Metallic. I got my VIN number 3 days after ordering and should be getting a build date soon.
Nice choice! I’ve always liked the chargers. Good luck to you man
Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I will be doing a refund. I already ordered a 2019 Dodge Charger 392 Daytona in Granite Crystal Metallic. I got my VIN number 3 days after ordering and should be getting a build date soon.
You will love it, I'm having a blast with the Hellcat. Probably could have saved myself $20K & got the 392, impossible to actually use the 707hp even here in the sticks.

Believe me I'm hoping for some good luck. My wife's JGC has been solid. I wonder if Ford raised the price so much from 2017 to 2018 because all the buy backs and warranty work they were expecting. I don't know just a thought.
Oh, you can be REAL sure the buybacks have been factored into the pricing !

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
BBB in Texas

I had a laughable experience with the BBB in Texas because of Yvette R, the ridiculously inept stank ho representative I got stuck with. Her responses took days and her replies on the website chat were full of typos. I left numerous voicemails for her with no response. The damndest thing was when she finally called, she did her best with all 7 of her sluggish little brain cells to dissuade me from continuing with my case. She also repeatedly reminded me there was a usage fee associated with a buy back, saying “people can’t just drive cars for free”. Well damn, there goes my dream of driving mustangs for free.

Something else to keep in mind, supposedly Ford and BBB do not settle under Texas lemon law guidelines due to a “business decision” they made. On their site there are two documents: 1) A program summary from 2006. 2) Standards of the Texas Lemon Law from 2017. Guess which one they actually use?

The takeaway from my experience is if you file with the BBB in Texas and you get someone named Yvette, turn around in your ticking mustang ASAP and close that case.

Ultimately I cancelled my case with them and will see what my options are with Ford CSR and my legal options. I wasted quite a bit of time sending them documentation that they never bothered to actually review. You can certainly try to find a resolution with the BBB within 40 days, but I felt relieved to just not have to deal with the rep I got. Good luck everyone!

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did you request a buy back from Ford through their customer service phone number? That's what I did and was accepted 3 days later. 1-800-392-3673
I did that yesterday so we'll see what they say next week. Glad you got yours taken care of!

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
41 days now. Replaced cam phasers, lifters and it was towed back there to get whatever happened to my fuel system fixed.

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
They do the mileage deduction for the first trip to the dealer. I brought it in at 1169 miles and they only deduct the price of the car before TTL. So it's about 1169 miles divided by 120,000 and then that is multiplied of the pre TTL price of around $39,000 = $374 deducted from my OTD price of $43,272.35. I'm at 6200 miles right now.

Nice! I wish I had opted for the upgraded 6 pistons in the front just for the look. However $800 for each rotor sort of put me off haha. You'll love the 392, torque all over the rev range and once you put some big tires on, the 0-60 times will amaze you. I put 315s on the rear and I'm consistently in the 4.1-4.2 range. My best though is 3.9 when the launch control managed to keep traction.

Tons of people actually run high 11s stock with just slicks on the back. The only thing I miss about my Mustang is how many mods there were for it.

People hate on the 392s because of how big they are but they're still very fast for their size and money.

Jolene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jolene
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecosport
Does anyone know how the KS lemon law works for a replacement? I saw this thread while trying to research what Ford would give me credit for on a replacement. I sure could use some information from anyone that knows how it works in KS. They have agreed to replace my 2018 vehicle since it has been in the shop since Nov 20th. Still there today waiting for parts for bad axle shafts. I just wonder if I would be better off doing the buyback.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does anyone know how the KS lemon law works for a replacement? I saw this thread while trying to research what Ford would give me credit for on a replacement. I sure could use some information from anyone that knows how it works in KS. They have agreed to replace my 2018 vehicle since it has been in the shop since Nov 20th. Still there today waiting for parts for bad axle shafts. I just wonder if I would be better off doing the buyback.
Hi Jolene,

You would need to first start with going to your Home State’s DMV or Attorney General web link. You want to look for the KS Lemon Law info on the State site. Don’t use anything other than your State’s site, no 3rd party websites or “Lemon Lawyer” websites.

Your State site will have the most accurate and up to date information regarding the Lemon Law and provisions plus the Consumer’s rights and how they are protected.

Every State has different Lemon Laws regarding a Buy Back.

Now a Buy Back can be 2 types:
1) Vehicle Replacement. This is sometimes referred to as a swap of collateral. You turn in your Lemon and take possession of a new vehicle. The way it works in short is the replacement Ford has to be of same or equal value to your Lemon’s original MSRP (bottom line on original Window Sticker). It’s strictky MSRP to MSRP values. If the replacement vehicle has a higher MSRP than your original, then the consumer has to come up with the difference. Discounts, rebates, Ford A-X plans, Dealer incentives etc do not apply at all. It’s MSRP to MSRP, no exceptions.

2) Vehicle refund. In short, you turn in your Ford and Ford will refund you the monies owed and you walk away.

The Buy Back process is operated by Ford RAV from start to finish.

Once you have your State Lemon Law info, then you will know if your State has any fees or usage penalties that will get rolled into the “swap” IF you are electing to gettting a replacement Ford. If you are electing to getting a refund, then any fees or use penalties get deducted from the payout.

There’s a ton of info on this site regarding the RAV process - you can search my user ID for A LOT of very detailed information, as well any other users.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My nightmare is finally over! I turned in my 18gt tonight and took delivery of my 19gt. So far all is well.

Last edited:

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
My nightmare is finally over! I turned in my 18gt tonight and took delivery of my 19gt. So far all is well. The vin for my lemon 18 is: 1fa6p8cf1j5163836
Glad you put an end to the ordeal! Let's keep our fingers crossed the 19 treats you better.
Ford seems to have drawn a line in the sand on buy backs recently for these issues.

Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My nightmare is finally over! I turned in my 18gt tonight and took delivery of my 19gt. So far all is well. The vin for my lemon 18 is: 1fa6p8cf1j5163836
I"m more curious how you got them to do the buy back after having Lund tuned the car? Ford didn't give you a hard time?

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I"m more curious how you got them to do the buy back after having Lund tuned the car? Ford didn't give you a hard time?
Returned it to stock. They didn’t ask, I didn’t tell