Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Hard to answer those questions IMO.

Buy back or replace really depends on how each owner feels about the car. For me & based on the huge vibration thread, I felt there was prob. little chance any Mustang would be vibration free + the horrible service from Ford & the dealer through out the saga turned me off to getting another Ford anything.

Hence, my Challenger Hellcat ('stang replacement) and Durango R/T (on order), which would otherwise have been an Explorer.

What to expect process wise depends on your state's LL guidelines more than anything. I outlined mine (in FL) in my long post way back at the top of this thread.
I had my share of issues with a 13 GT Premium convertible and again with a 2015 GT Premium convertible. I had enough between those two cars to swear off Ford and was a very happy owner of a 2016 Challenger ScatPac. I stumbled upon an MSRP deal on a 17 GT350 and traded the ScatPac. I'm hoping I don't experience a repeat performance that I had with the two previous verts.

I had the vibration issue with the S550 and I have zero tolerance for dealers and their BS, so I didn't waste too much time before trading in the 15. I admire the stick to it attitude some of you folks have. I couldn't possibly deal with some of that crap in a reasonable manner.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Bump

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
I went through the LL process in '98 or so in Florida and 3B wasn't involved back then and to file was $50 back then. Long story short,the day before the final hearing in Tallahassee,Mazda calls and says go to ANY dealer you choose and choose whatever vehicle you want! The model year had changed but that was not an issue. In and out in 3 hours. Turns out back then,if you return a vehicle under LL,it goes on their record as LL. If you simply swap vehicles,it did not. Best $50 I ever spent.
YMMV in different state.

I filed last week & Ford got their official notification thru the BBB on 7/1. Clock is ticking as they have 10 days to respond & then 10 days to attempt 1 last time to fully repair the car or (in my case) will have to buy it back per FL LL rules. They can wave the last repair attempt if they so choose.

Car has been @ the dealer for 50 days as of Monday and no one (techs or FSE's) has been able to affect repairs. Ford RCSR's get no response from the dealer & neither do I. Last time a spoke to someone there about my car was on 6/17.

There have been 4 other repair attempts totaling an additional 10 days out of service.

Car had ~1200 miles on the clock when dropped off on 5/24. I've not seen it since & hope to never see it again other than to remove my personal stuff.

I filed via the BBB process as they are the arbitrators anyway for most LL claims in FL.

My car has the driveline vibration issue (for those who have not seen my posts in the huge vibration thread) + some Sync 3 issues (random black outs).

Driveline fix attempts so far:
#1 - road force balance tires (1 found bad) - no improvement - tire ordered
#2 - replaced bad tire - no improvement - drive shaft ordered
#3 - replaced drive shaft - problem got worst - was told to return in 3 days, then told I needed to go back to the selling dealer
#4 - replaced drive shaft again - much better, but still some vibration that got worse over the following 3 weeks

car then basically sat in my garage for close to 2 months as I was too busy with expanding my rescue business to fool with dragging it back & forth

#5 - car to dealer on 5/24 (and still there):

• Sync 3 magically started working, so was not even looked into
  • techs blamed the Ford 19" PP wheels & tires, swapped them for the base 18"s from another GT on the lot & vibration still there
  • techs had no clue on vibration other than 'it seems to be coming from the rear of the car'
  • car sat till 6/15 waiting on FSE
  • FSE had no clue either, pointed to the Steeda stuff (any excuse will do) & left
  • 6/20 Steeda stuff removed & OE stuff put back on
  • vibration got slightly worse (like I told them it would be)
  • techs & FSE have done nothing & still have no clue
  • 6/27 I get sick & tired of the shenanigans, no communication & total lack of progress and begin LL proceedings with BBB

7/12 update - still no word from Ford or the dealer - 10 day period for them to respond to the LL complaint expired & the BBB scheduled an arbitration/hearing date (7/27)

7/18 update - day 57 comes & goes with still no contact - Ford received notice the LL complaint has been filed with the FL AG's office in addition to the BBB - another member here spotted my car sitting @ the dealership, so it's still there

7/22 update - day 60 & finally some action - BBB called to say Ford legal approved the buyback and to review the $$ and what I needed to do next - since I accepted the offer, arbitration hearing is cancelled - ironically, dealer called (for the 1st time in 5 weeks) to say an FSE was there working on the car :shrug:

8/2 update - day 71 - Ford legal sent the final buyback worksheet for my approval & sent a document pkg to the dealer I need to go & sign, once they get that back the check will be issued. Ironically, 2 hours after I accepted the buyback the dealer called to say they believe they had finally fixed the car & did I want to stop the LL process. I said too little too late. Hopefully, this will all be history by the end of next week !

8/5 update - I went to dealer to sign the buyback pkg today & removed my personal stuff from the car. Just waiting on the check to be issued & sent to the dealer, should be there in a week or so.

8/15 DONE !! - Check from Ford arrived late Friday & I picked it up today, turned in spare keys, books etc. She was sitting in the same place I left her on 8/5.

VIN = 1FA6P8CF7G5241044

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Finally got into my new one this past tuesday! I filed my first complaint on 3/12/15 and it isnt until 12/13/16 that it was resolved.

A horrible 1 yr 8 months of stuttering from Ford. I may be crazy for getting into another mustang, but i love the platform just really wish the company as a whole would re-evaluate their customer service aspect.

The old car's VIN was 1FA6P8CF0F5313135. It was a 2015 black PP build date oct '14. Let her loose in Dallas, GA

16lkb4j.jpg
Saw this thread come back alive recently, so i thought id google my old car's VIN. I knew it sat at a dealership down here in GA for about 4-5 months after I pawned it off.

Well good ole Ford got sneaky sneaky and shipped it about 1,000 miles away to Massachusets to have some poor sap buy it. Go figure.

If anyone has unlimited car fax reports id love to see it for 1FA6P8CF0F5313135. I bet they never titled it as a lemon, but am very interested in how this was transpired on paper.

Seems sketchy AF.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saw this thread come back alive recently, so i thought id google my old car's VIN. I knew it sat at a dealership down here in GA for about 4-5 months after I pawned it off.

Well good ole Ford got sneaky sneaky and shipped it about 1,000 miles away to Massachusets to have some poor sap buy it. Go figure.

If anyone has unlimited car fax reports id love to see it for 1FA6P8CF0F5313135. I bet they never titled it as a lemon, but am very interested in how this was transpired on paper.

Seems sketchy AF.
Just curious - how’s the replacement vehicle? Better?

Sponsored

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Just curious - how’s the replacement vehicle? Better?
I have thoroughly enjoyed it! It actually works for lack of a better synopsis. Just about to roll 10k on it.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back ttt

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Latest list of Lemons in NJ (quite a few S550 Mustangs from 2015-2017). The list below is compiled from information received by the New Jersey Lemon Law Unit as of November 2008 and is current through November 1,2017:

http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/llu/Documents/Vehicles-Branded-Under-The-New-Jersey-Lemon-Law.pdf

Also to be aware, in NJ if a vehicle is repurchased or replaced by the Manufacturer, the NJ Law states the following:

Vehicles Branded as Lemons Under Lemon law
If a motor vehicle is returned to the manufacturer under the provisions of the New Jersey Lemon Law or similar statute of another state or as a result of a legal action or an informal dispute settlement procedure, it shall not be resold or re-leased in New Jersey unless the manufacturer has the vehicle’s title stamped “ R - RETURNED TO THE MANUFACTURER UNDER LEMON LAW OR OTHER PROCEEDING.” A copy of the stamped title shall be submitted to the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) to be permanently branded as a Lemon (Status “L” on your NJ title).

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Quick question for you guys. If Ford were to hypothetically offer you a 2018 replacement or a cash buyback offer (what you paid minus mileage offset), which would you take and why?
I have seen nothing from Ford that indicates they have fixed the underlying issues or intend to on this platform. This is like the exploding Pinto's in the 70's - the bean counters have determined it's cheaper to 'eat' the bad ones than make an engineering change & tighten supplier QC.

They will continue to crank them out as-is and by now they have good stats on the cost of the buy-backs and service charges and have just baked that into the price of the car !

I would still take my $$ and run if I were faced with the decision today & yes, I did have the option of picking out a new one vs. getting the cash.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s another to add to the list (I’m in a 2018 now):
2016 EB Premium w/PP
6R80
Ceramic Leather

VIN:
1FA6P8TH6G5263750

The car was reacquired by Ford on 02/10/18; it’s no longer in NJ, I was told it was being picked up by Ford and no one knows where it’s going (per Dealer).

It also has EXTENSIVE OASIS, Warranty repair and Ford RAV history.

If you are a potential buyer of that vehicle, make sure you understand that if this vehicle is to be sold in any US State that has a Lemon Law or Buy Back Law, the title to the vehicle MUST be branded as such and the selling Dealer MUST make the Buyer aware of the same before purchase!

Good luck - because IMO, the car should be not resold to the public.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Google the VIN weekly, bet real $$ it pops back up for sale just like mine did.
It sat somewhere in FL for about 2 months, then showed up on a lot in GA.

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What is average time for anyone with Lemon Law success with Ford and in NJ. I am in month 10 of lawsuit against Ford. I have had a nasty misfire issue documented by 2 dealers beginning at 200 miles on the odometer for my 2016. Also, had 2 independent mechanics hired by attorney confirm all the same.

Believe it or not I had another 2016 Lemon Maserati, engine went at 15k. That only took a few months for buyback with same attorney.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is average time for anyone with Lemon Law success with Ford and in NJ. I am in month 10 of lawsuit against Ford. I have had a nasty misfire issue documented by 2 dealers beginning at 200 miles on the odometer for my 2016. Also, had 2 independent mechanics hired by attorney confirm all the same.

Believe it or not I had another 2016 Lemon Maserati, engine went at 15k. That only took a few months for buyback with same attorney.

I’m in NJ.

10 mos?? Is the lag due to your Attorney?

I got out of my prior 2016 and into my 2018 without an Attorney and working directly with the original Ford CSR, then worked directly with the Ford RAV Dept CSR. Since Ford had to build my 2018 (due to wanting exact options and colors as my 2016 - and NO 2017’s or 2018’s were available anywhere to match), my process was officially started in Nov 2017, car was delivered and picked up in Feb 2018.

Had an exact match been on a Ford lot anywhere in the Country, I was told the entire process could have been completed much sooner, like within 3-4 weeks time. But since my vehicke was considered a Special Order and a 2018 build when 2018’s were just hitting lots, I had to wait much longer.

Something is not right - and even though you worked with your same Attorney before, my guess is the tie up is due to having an Attorney involved and possibly delays on the Attorney’s side. Remember, no Lemon Law Attny has only 1 client, you’re one of many on his back log.

What does the Attny say about it? Reasons for delay?

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I'm starting to gather my documentation for my vehicle. Car has been in the shop for 14 days now, mostly for engine noise that has been diagnosed as cylinder damage and tech has submitted his report and recommendation for engine replacement. This dealer moves very slow so I don't expect anything to be finished with the next couple of weeks.

Attached is the section from the 2018 owners manual on lemon law guidance.

Attachments

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm starting to gather my documentation for my vehicle. Car has been in the shop for 14 days now, mostly for engine noise that has been diagnosed as cylinder damage and tech has submitted his report and recommendation for engine replacement. This dealer moves very slow so I don't expect anything to be finished with the next couple of weeks.

Attached is the section from the 2018 owners manual on lemon law guidance.
Sorry to hear. In NJ it's 20 days out of service. From my experience, Ford is fighting my case and my car was out of service for over 100 days. But I had another lemon which was a Maserati Ghibli. They had to replace the engine after 15k miles, took them 40 days to complete it. And they bought back my car in full. In my case took the dealer a long time to find the engine. Don't think Ford will be any faster.
Sponsored