Sponsored

Lean at WOT

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If you're not running ginormous injectors, there's no harm in running a little higher base (and peak) pressure. The main reason you'd do that is if you're running out of injector, but at your power levels you shouldn't be running out of injector.

If you've cleaned up the wiring and you're getting the most out of your pumps, and you're not running out of injector, then the only remaining explanations are a faulty FPR or some sort of restriction in the system that's not allowing the pumps to deliver the flow they're capable of providing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bhvnce

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Replaced wheel bearing and went out around 1am to try and log some pulls. It was about 30 degrees out and the car liked that a lot lol I couldn’t hook in 3rd or 4th. Will try again and update soon.

OP
OP
bhvnce

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That would do it.

Do you have an E85 pull? I'd like to see if it supplies enough fuel for that.
Emailed two E85 logs to you

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Sorry for the delay. It's not keeping up with fuel demand. It is calling for .70 lambda to achieve .80

It is adding 10% which is generally considered safe, but I like it closer to 2%
The thing that puzzles me is it is adding 5 to 10% all the time.

Has your tuner given you another revision or are they calling it done?

OP
OP
bhvnce

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry for the delay. It's not keeping up with fuel demand. It is calling for .70 lambda to achieve .80

It is adding 10% which is generally considered safe, but I like it closer to 2%
The thing that puzzles me is it is adding 5 to 10% all the time.

Has your tuner given you another revision or are they calling it done?
I sent him the same logs I sent you and he asked if the belt was slipping? I don’t think it was but I didn’t switch belts after swapping to a smaller pulley so it is a possibility. Also possible that it was spinning a bit. I’m sure either of those two factors would affect the data in some way but I’m too naïve on this subject to know what that would look like on a chart.

I got a slightly smaller belt, and sent him two more logs today and I’m waiting for a response. 3rd gear 3500-7500 WOT and 4th gear 3500-7500 WOT so we’ll see what he says.

In regards to the original question on this thread, I think my shotty wiring was to blame for my lean issue. Seems it’s still doing it slightly but it’s close enough to be tuned out rather than be the fault of a mechanical issue.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If you don't care I'd like to see the current logs. I'm always wanting to learn something.

xGarage5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
16’ Mustang GT 5.0/V8
Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading through the forums and researching online, but I haven’t had any luck. I’m currently running PMAS, 18’ 1320 Ported mani, with 47LB injectors, on E85.

Trying to get the car tuned with PBD, but the car is going lean at WOT.

any advice as to what I can do to correct this issue? Im on stock fuel pump and rails, didn’t really think I needed anything larger since im not boosted.

thanks in advance for the feedback.

OP
OP
bhvnce

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading through the forums and researching online, but I haven’t had any luck. I’m currently running PMAS, 18’ 1320 Ported mani, with 47LB injectors, on E85.

Trying to get the car tuned with PBD, but the car is going lean at WOT.

any advice as to what I can do to correct this issue? Im on stock fuel pump and rails, didn’t really think I needed anything larger since im not boosted.

thanks in advance for the feedback.
What's up man, my issue was my wiring. I didn't do the best job of making connections between fuel pumps and the harness. Redid all my wiring and it fixed the issue of going lean at wot now im dealing with some other small problems but the tune is mostly getting dialed in.

As for your situation, that seems like it would be plenty for E85 on an N/A setup... are your injectors new or did you get them used? My first bet would be to clean the injectors and have them flowtested if they weren't brand new.

xGarage5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
16’ Mustang GT 5.0/V8
Thanks for the reply man. I’m glad to hear you got the fuel situation atleast taken care of. It can be a real pain.

I was already considering a BAP, but I’ll definitely get the injectors flow tested this week. They did come with the car when I got it so who knows how operational they are.

OP
OP
bhvnce

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you don't care I'd like to see the current logs. I'm always wanting to learn something.
Sorry man I just came back to check this, I know it's been a while be we are still working on some stuff. I can send any log you want! We found a good revision in our "R3x" file (revision 3 with a variation) but the issue with that one is when you shift to 5th it does like a double upshift which has been better described in a few other forum posts here. Seems to be a common problem that can be fixed with a tune. So we made an R3xShift file which supposedly was supposed to only adjust the trans but it made my knock sensors go all crazy. R4 and R5 were the same story which tells me this car is finnicky as hell. I received R6 friday afternoon but have yet to put it in the car and give it a go so I think I'll work on that today. R3x is nails its just that 5th gear issue is a little annoying. Not that huge of a deal because how often are you actually going above 145 mph but I'd like to get this thing as dialed in as possible so we are exploring all options to find a fix.

Let me know if you'd like to see the logs from R6!

Sponsored
OP
OP
bhvnce

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the reply man. I’m glad to hear you got the fuel situation atleast taken care of. It can be a real pain.

I was already considering a BAP, but I’ll definitely get the injectors flow tested this week. They did come with the car when I got it so who knows how operational they are.
Of course brother. That would be my first guess you gotta start with the easy stuff first then work your way up. In the meantime while you wait to have them tested, if you have an ohm reader you can test those connections at your injector to see if they are getting the proper voltage. Unlikely anything is wrong there but good to cross off all your boxes.

xGarage5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
16’ Mustang GT 5.0/V8
Good call. I checked it and voltage was good, also did the old screw driver trick to listen to them and they are all clicking as they should.

Found someone to clean and test them locally this Wednesday hopefully this corrects it. Although I’m feeling skeptical.

Could this leaning out at WOT be a symptom of bad E85?

Mind you, I wasn’t having this issue on 93 at WOT. But not sure if there is a correlation there or not. Just assuming I’d be leaning out at WOT with 93 as well.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Good call. I checked it and voltage was good, also did the old screw driver trick to listen to them and they are all clicking as they should.

Found someone to clean and test them locally this Wednesday hopefully this corrects it. Although I’m feeling skeptical.

Could this leaning out at WOT be a symptom of bad E85?

Mind you, I wasn’t having this issue on 93 at WOT. But not sure if there is a correlation there or not. Just assuming I’d be leaning out at WOT with 93 as well.
Like I said earlier, several threats to pump output, what are your voltages at WOT? If the system is running 12.6V vs 13.6V it's going to have an effect on pump output.

If you've check all your grounds and wiring and everything is tip top, then the last item is some sorta restriction somewhere in the system between the pumps and the injector tips. Are you running a hat that combines the two pump flows? Sometimes that fitting is a 6AN (dual) which is a restriction). Have you verified you're not getting excessive bleed from the siphon system inside the bucket? (you can't see what's going on in there but if the siphon system has even a crack in the hose or a leak around the connection, the pump will lose more flow than necessary in the siphon venturi).

Remember, E85 requires approximately 30% more flow than E10 gasoline. Are you running a restrictive fuel filter? What feed line are you running?

xGarage5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
16’ Mustang GT 5.0/V8
Thanks for the reply.

I’m running the stock fuel pump. I haven’t made any changes to fuel system with the exception of the injectors. At WOT the voltage is 13.5

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thanks for the reply.

I’m running the stock fuel pump. I haven’t made any changes to fuel system with the exception of the injectors. At WOT the voltage is 13.5
The OE fuel line is essentially a 6AN. In order to overcome the fluid friction losses, you're either gonna have to provide way more pressure at the pump or upsize the plumbing.
Sponsored