Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Son of a B+×÷h. Its not Califorinia street legal.

Parts with the notation "California Executive Order: NO" in the product description are intended to be installed in vehicles used solely for racing, competition, and off-highway purposes. Such parts may not be installed in vehicles driven on public roads and highways.
Sponsored

Coltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I bet it'll void the factory warranty and you'll have to buy the FORD PERFORMANCE warranty. Just like with the roush tune.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I bet it'll void the factory warranty and you'll have to buy the FORD PERFORMANCE warranty. Just like with the roush tune.
That's common knowledge. My guess with 100hp max is maybe an additional add-on you have to buy or their is tuner comes with profiles that you can pick from. 100 hp max is likely a stage 2 or 3 tune. We shall see.

FalconRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EB
Son of a B+×÷h. Its not Califorinia street legal.

Parts with the notation "California Executive Order: NO" in the product description are intended to be installed in vehicles used solely for racing, competition, and off-highway purposes. Such parts may not be installed in vehicles driven on public roads and highways.
Will have to see as they keep adding info to the page. I thought their big selling point was that it would be CARB approved. But that No could just be a pending toggle. I bought an ecoboost because I thought I had a better chance of CARB supported parts vs V6 and that torq with a tune. I was looking for power mods and a little more engine feedback (noise) that was carb approved and dealer would not give me crap about. Or maybe they gave up on CA.

Sponsored

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Mike, thats beautiful! Thank you.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
He advertises it on his website, I think it's around the same
Ah, found it...

http://www.unleashedtuning.com/ecoboost-mustang/

I did not realize it was so much power on stock hardware...

I'll have to take a look at some dyno numbers comments from members to see if this new tune actually gives me something. I'm happy with my unleashed tune now....

As someone else pointed out, you still have to purchase the warranty (if the car was flashed before, I could guess it is possible they could void the warranty you purchased).

Backing from my enthusiasm... :lol:

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Ah, found it...

http://www.unleashedtuning.com/ecoboost-mustang/

I did not realize it was so much power on stock hardware...

I'll have to take a look at some dyno numbers comments from members to see if this new tune actually gives me something. I'm happy with my unleashed tune now....

As someone else pointed out, you still have to purchase the warranty (if the car was flashed before, I could guess it is possible they could void the warranty you purchased).

Backing from my enthusiasm... :lol:
I'm pretty sure there is no warranty to buy with this. Mustangs come with a 60,000 mile warranty. Installing this upgrade cuts that down to 36,000. If you already have some mileage on your Stang, you're screwed. If it's new, you're just giving yourself a shorter warranty. I'm figuring if the car makes it to 36, it should be okay to 60. I'm willing to risk it, but then I'll still have 35,000 to go when I install it.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I'm pretty sure there is no warranty to buy with this. Mustangs come with a 60,000 mile warranty. Installing this upgrade cuts that down to 36,000. If you already have some mileage on your Stang, you're screwed. If it's new, you're just giving yourself a shorter warranty. I'm figuring if the car makes it to 36, it should be okay to 60. I'm willing to risk it, but then I'll still have 35,000 to go when I install it.

A warranty should not be thought as insurance against your car in case it blows. When you buy a new car and the engine blows after 5 years 60k/100k miles, you would still be pretty pissed off and likely would never buy from them again. It really is just a company willing to put money on their product saying we think its reliable enough we PROMISE you its that good of a product for at least that amount of time. The limited warranty for 3-5 years is just good business sense as it would no longer be beneficial to the business to offer it past that amount of time.

If you want a tune from a guy who sags his pants, wears his hat backwards, and works from his garage who is not willing to go through CARB testing or put his money where his mouth is, by all means, go for it! I know I'm generalizing, but there seems to be more legitimacy behind a dealer installed tune coming from an organization like Ford Performance.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The warranty thing is not just engines blowing up, the powertrain warranty covers a lot of other stuff- rear end, trans. My car had/has the driveline vibration problem and it is about 90% fixed. Ford gave me a 100K warranty to alleviate my concern with the problem coming back later so while I want the FP tune, I don't think I will give up my 100K warranty for it. It is a crap shoot...

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
A warranty should not be thought as insurance against your car in case it blows. When you buy a new car and the engine blows after 5 years 60k/100k miles, you would still be pretty pissed off and likely would never buy from them again. It really is just a company willing to put money on their product saying we think its reliable enough we PROMISE you its that good of a product for at least that amount of time. The limited warranty for 3-5 years is just good business sense as it would no longer be beneficial to the business to offer it past that amount of time.

If you want a tune from a guy who sags his pants, wears his hat backwards, and works from his garage who is not willing to go through CARB testing or put his money where his mouth is, by all means, go for it! I know I'm generalizing, but there seems to be more legitimacy behind a dealer installed tune coming from an organization like Ford Performance.
Wow, how did my trusting that if the car would hold up for 36,000 miles it would probably be good for the normal 60,000 inspire all that? I'm opting to go with the factory provided solution, so where that second paragraph comes from is beyond me. Unless that was actually for the guy I replied to?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Are hard parts from guys with saggy pants and backwards hats okay then? I've been tuned for over 50k miles now by Adam. I trust his tuning as much, if not more, than the stock tune.

Also, while on the subject of the FP calibration, has anyone called Ford Performance to confirm what their 3/36 warranty replacement covers. I know it's a 'powertrain' warranty, but is it going to be the same process and limits as the factory powertrain warranty or will there by any differences. That's something worth checking into.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Dear Tune+ and Unleashed,

Please get your butts over to Saks Fifth Avenue and buy some suits, sportcoats, and overcoats.

I want my tune in a $4000 suit from here on out.

I'll feel better if you do me this one solid -- I mean request.

//signed// Regs

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Also, you weren't going 10's in an omni with a $1000 investment. It took a lot of boost or a lot of nitrous and the build to support it. That super 60 kit you're talking about was basically bolt-on suicide for the motor.
I was quite active in the Shelby Dodge Club back in the late 80s and yes Omni and Charger turbo cars were getting into the 10s for around $1000 dollars. The guys doing it were poster children for backyard engineering. Things like zener diodes across MAP sensors so the computer would never see an over boost condition, extra fuel injectors epoxied into the intake controlled by an adjustable pressure switch and bleeds in the waste gate circuit to increase boost were all just a few dollars. The biggest issue with the 2.2 when you started exceeding 20 psi of boost was keeping the head gasket in place. Guys solved that by adapting larger head bolts or studs from another application. These cars were certainly not elegant, weren't what I would call a street car and certainly didn't have a long life but the guys doing this loved embarrass the Mustang and Camaros at the Friday night test and tune.

Hahaha. Ask Gary Donovan if it costs $1000 to go 10's.
Back in the day Gary was into Daytona's which were almost a 1000 lbs heavier than an Omni or Charger and it was harder to make the power for a 10 second run. Gary was also from a more traditional hot rodding back ground where you built a strong base before cranking up the wick. Plus his cars were much more civilized and street able when not on the track. So, yes he would have spent more than a $1000 to go test but nothing close to what you need to spend to get an Ecoboost Mustang into the 10s.

BTW, when I was done with my 89 Shelby Daytona I sold it to Gary.
Sponsored