Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Does look pretty good but I would never install this pack without an intercooler upgrade first down here in Florida.

So perf pack $700 + $200 labor, intercooler $550 + $200 labor = about $1,600 for me, not sure I can swing that right now. :frusty:

Terry
Reach out to your local forum. Someone will probably help you out and save at least the $200 labor on the intercooler.

You probably want to do that first anyway. Living where you do, you should notice an improvement (at least near the end of a drive) from that alone. Do the rest later.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Is that the same CAI that is the same design as the 350?
Yeah, it's the same setup as a GT350, but the inlet is modified to work with the factory EcoBoost intake hose. There's a thread that I started about the CAI itself with some pics of it installed on the EBM. Check it out.

I like the average of 40 HP and 60 tq through the powerband. Seriously though, someone needs to buy this kit and dyno it.
I'd like to see the dyno results myself. I'm genuinely surprised at the numbers and hope they'll be what's promised. That's gonna be a good option for guys wanting to hold on to a little bit of their warranty.

jdanna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost pp
Wow this looks really good. definitely going to go for it at my first service coming up.

Stupid question though - If I already have the ford performance sport catback on my car, is that going to pose any issue when I get this done?

I would assume it wouldn't really make a difference, but you never know, maybe its only "compatible" with the stock exhaust?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Wow this looks really good. definitely going to go for it at my first service coming up.

Stupid question though - If I already have the ford performance sport catback on my car, is that going to pose any issue when I get this done?

I would assume it wouldn't really make a difference, but you never know, maybe its only "compatible" with the stock exhaust?
I wouldn't imagine that a cat-back would cause any issues at all. I'm sure they know people will add it.

blitzzfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost, PP.
So a lot of people are surprised with the numbers, me included. Perhaps this is why they took so long? For numbers like that, with the warranty included, I can only imagine the amount of tweaking and testing required would've been pretty huge. Also; do Ford offer an intercooler themselves..? wondering if adding the intercooler breaks the warranty.

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Remember that "12, 11, 10" or whatever it was called video that came out when the 2015 mustang was just getting ready to hit that market? There was a silver ecoboost and the video mentioned it had a prototype CAI, tune and an aftermarket catback with drag radials that ran 12's. Wonder if that calibration was what they were running this whole time.

Retdet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Eco boost PP ingot silver
I have a question on the warranty. Does the 3/36 warranty on this package start when it's installed. My 15 Mustang will be 2 yrs. old this coming Feb. I have 19,500 miles on the car. Right now I have I have a little over 3 years left on my drivetrain ford warranty. I'm just trying to see if it's worth while. I'm running a unleashed tune, which I'm well satisfied with and a mbrp street catback exhaust. This is my daily driver, I don't track it just wan to play every now and then.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I have a question on the warranty. Does the 3/36 warranty on this package start when it's installed. My 15 Mustang will be 2 yrs. old this coming Feb. I have 19,500 miles on the car. Right now I have I have a little over 3 years left on my drivetrain ford warranty. I'm just trying to see if it's worth while. I'm running a unleashed tune, which I'm well satisfied with and a mbrp street catback exhaust. This is my daily driver, I don't track it just wan to play every now and then.
When they go in to flash the calibration they can see if the car has been tuned as well so once they see it's been flashed they could probably void your entire warranty right then and there.

Retdet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Eco boost PP ingot silver
So they can void my warranty even though I had no engine issues requiring warranty work.

Sponsored

Fox-4

Just Lurking!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
'02 Mustang GT, '16 Mustang Ecoboost
So a lot of people are surprised with the numbers, me included. Perhaps this is why they took so long? For numbers like that, with the warranty included, I can only imagine the amount of tweaking and testing required would've been pretty huge. Also; do Ford offer an intercooler themselves..? wondering if adding the intercooler breaks the warranty.
I can only imagine that bureaucrats are the reason it took so long to get it out on the market.

jdanna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost pp
So does this mean it's actually currently shipping? Or is the ship date still supposedly the end of the month?

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
According to Tasca, it's live on the website as of this afternoon. I can't find it, but that's most likely my incompetence at browsing websites.
Eta is still Sept 30, 2016.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

That can't be correct though 100 hp gain at 6000 rpm

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
Would their be anyway to calibrate this tune in collaboration with bolt ons? Or is it best to think of this as a canned tune with no method of adjusting for other modifications. I like the idea of keeping the warranty alot, but I have every intention of going FBO. Not to mention this kit doesn't include an intercooler which you would obviously need to run a tune like this. I mean hell the stock tune can do enough work to make the intercooler inadequate. For me it's go big or go home so if this tune isn't adjustable I'm gonna go tune+ like I was already planning on.
Sponsored