ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
no dash cam.
The car is basically stock '19 GT Premium PP2.

I have a GPS tracking device in the car. Occasionally, it would report low battery (not driving it much) so I would need to charge it. I will go out and put the car on charge and see, once it is fully charged, if the passenger side starts working. I wonder as someone above suggested it could be battery related and maybe it is smart enough to know when the car battery is weakened to not use all the sensors and what not to reduce current draw. Besides, can't hurt to charge up the battery.

I also ordered a set of key fob batteries to see if that solves it.
Might be or could be an issue. If it doesn't resolve have Ford take a look at it.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
where is that?
In settings brother. Don't remember exactly where, but it shouldn't take you more than a minute to find it. I think it's called 'remote access', if memory serves me right. Just uncheck the square and your door handle sensors are useless. You have to use the remote to lock and unlock the car. When I saw it the first time, I didn't know what the hell that was for, but after thinking for a second, figured it was the sensors, and I was right. Ha ha. Let me know if you found it. Good luck.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
i found it,
Gear button -> Advanced Settings.

Odd. I would have expected it to be under locks. Not out in the open.

I toggled it to see if it works. It did prevent my driver's handle from working. When turned on, passenger side still doing nothing.

As for driving, I drove the car several times over the weekend and tried to make the passenger side work. never did.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Glad I could help :). Hey, has it ever worked on the passenger side? If not, then you might have a wiring issue, or a loose connector. If it did work before, and not anymore, and not even sporadically, then same thing could be true. Ask somebody with the service manual if there's a way to test that circuit.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I think I've figured mine out based on what some have said here. Mine's a toy, so it may sit 1-2 weeks w/o being driven. Deep sleep is supposed to occur after 2 weeks on a fully charged battery which is about when mine pings me that it's entered deep sleep. On the weekends, I go for long drives and I've been going on a lot of cruises lately. I'm pretty sure that when I've driven the car all day, the passenger side starts to work.

It's been working all weekend and today. I'll be driving the car to work all week since we're having great weather. I'll monitor it the next time the car sits and see if it stops working. It may be a battery level thing, if that's the case, it doesn't make any sense why they would design it that way..less than zero sense actually. However, it seems it might be related, at least to mine.
This is definitely battery level related. On Thursday, I got notice that the car went into deep sleep. My passenger door wouldn't lock/unlock via the handle. Saturday, I drove to RI for a car show, it's about 1.5 hour drive. My passenger door locks worked as it's supposed when I got there. I've been driving the car all week w/o any incident.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They need better programmers for all their software or they need marketing and/or their product owners to better research what features are needed and how to define them. Programmer can only build what they are told to build. Often, it is the fault of marketing or PO that a piece of software acts the way it does. Programmers only implement the features they are told to build.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Went for a 10 min drive to pick up some parts and then back. I had charged the battery much of yesterday and all this morning until the BatteryMinder charger indicated the battery was fully charged and good (blinking green).

Went to the store, parked and then drove home.

Passenger side worked to lock and unlock the door several times.

When I purchased this car, the battery was dead and shortly after they had to replace it. They got it started and it appeared it just needed charging. Clearly, it needed more than that.

Now, I have the gauge list up and battery voltage is one of them. Disturbingly, it only read 12 volts occasionally jumping up to 13.5/14 volts. It tended to remain down at 12 - 12.5 volts even with the lights off, A/C off and radio off. I am use to the alternator pushing the voltage up around 13-14 volts when the car is running.

I might have a charging issue.

Not sure if the passenger door lock was responding to the low voltage or the lack of driving. I only drove maybe a total of 10-15 miles round trip. I will leave the car for a while and see if the locks stop working. Might go out every hour or so (if I can remember) and try them.

If this is normal, they should have included this in the manual that they will stop working from time to time for certain conditions and they should list them. This is not a feature but rather a defect or a solution to a problem that was implemented poorly.

If this turns out to be a battery issue, when it will be on my dime, I will get a spiral wound deep cycle battery next time.

I wonder how many of you have a low voltage condition since your car might be a weekend car only. IF you have the passenger lock issue, could I ask you to put the battery on charge and , once fully charged, try again.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
ok, hour later it still works. I will report when I find out that it doesn't.

By the way, I am still using the original key fob batteries. So the idea that the batteries in the key fob are weak does not hold water. Whatever state they are in (Got the car in Aug'19, manufactured 6/19), they are still good. So far, the only thing I did was charge the car battery and drive it once back and forth.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just an FYI.

I tried the locks again at 9:30 PM and again at 7 am this morning and the passenger side worked both times. Have not driven or started the car since 1-2 PM yesterday.

I am not going to start or drive the car and see for how long this will go on.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Saturday morning.

Passenger side worked several times in a row. Still using the original key fob batteries.

Still have not started or driven the car since Thursday.

For those with hardwired dash cams, are they basically recording all the time or are they wired to be on only when the car has been started?

I ask because I wonder if they are on all the time they are discharging the car battery to the point where the car shuts off the passenger side listener to conserve amps.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rod27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Saturday morning.

Passenger side worked several times in a row. Still using the original key fob batteries.

For those with hardwired dash cams, are they basically recording all the time or are they wired to be on only when the car has been started?

I ask because I wonder if they are on all the time they are discharging the car battery to the point where the car shuts off the passenger side listener to conserve amps.
On my car, it's hardwired and it records until it drops to a certain voltage which I set, I believe a bit above 12v.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I had a similar issue. But, it only happens if the car goes the sleep mode. And the Ford Pass app states it went into sleep mode (not enough driving of the car).
It the car is not driven long, daily, that would cause sleep mode.
In my case, I drive 17 miles to work. Then the car sits for 8-9 hours, then 17 miles back home. Within a day or so, I get the sleep mode notification. If driving for ā€˜hoursā€™, daily, youā€™d probably rarely get the sleep mode notification via the Ford Pass app.

This is merely my observation, i.e. my use case...
never heard of sleep mode... & the Ford app sucks...

no dash cam.
The car is basically stock '19 GT Premium PP2.

I have a GPS tracking device in the car. Occasionally, it would report low battery (not driving it much) so I would need to charge it. I will go out and put the car on charge and see, once it is fully charged, if the passenger side starts working. I wonder as someone above suggested it could be battery related and maybe it is smart enough to know when the car battery is weakened to not use all the sensors and what not to reduce current draw. Besides, can't hurt to charge up the battery.

I also ordered a set of key fob batteries to see if that solves it.
what tracking device do you use?

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
My dash cam is hardwired, and records all the time. And my passenger door is temperamental.

Saturday morning.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Maybe it has to do where you're feeding the dash cam from. I was feeding my radar detector from the reverse ground, and after installing an LED reverse light, the radar didn't work anymore, but when I turned it on, the reverse LED bulb would light partially. I changed the bulb at the same time I replaced the battery, so I was blaming the battery change for that. However, I had a legitimate electronic gremlin after replacing the battery, when checking if my seat memories were still present. They were, with the exception the mirror started making a horrible noise while trying to adjust to a non-existent setting higher than it could travel, making that TACK, TACK, TACK... noise. After that time, it hasn't happened again. Was reminded it used to be an issue back in 2015, so guess my car is nostalgic. Ha ha. Anyway, I'd try to feed the camera from a different fuse, and see if the supposed gremlins go away. Good luck.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Just to confirm, there are Mustang owners in this thread, with the issue that do NOT have dash cams, no?
Sponsored