Sponsored

Keep active exhaust closed w/ WOT

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
any way to keep the exhaust valves closed during heavy acceleration? I only want them open if I change modes or flip the switch...
Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Credits @raiderjatt02 PS. Can you share with us how much and where you bought it? I went directly to AWE site and they only list 5.0 being compatible... OP, these one gives you the granular ability to decide when its' on. The car modes are ignored. You can either have them ON or OFF regardless of the car modes.

I installed the AWE SwitchPatch Remote on my car yesterday to give better control over my exhaust modes. I was going back and forth between this and the GrimmSpeed exhaust mode defeat modules but ultimately chose to spend the extra money and get the AWE remote since it give the flexibility of opening/closing the exhaust at the touch of a button. I didn't want to keep having to go under the car to plug/unplug anything.

The packaging of the module gave me a little chuckle when I found the Blow Pop in there :crackup:

full.jpg

The installation was straight forward and relatively easy. First you have to remove the rear undertray/diffuser which doesn't take too long. 4 bolts and a few body clips and the whole thing comes right off. The part that was a real pain in the ass was trying to unplug the exhaust acuators. They are located on top of the muffler so you can't see the plug and it's hard to reach. You have to push open a locking clip, then push down a tab and pull the plug. Hard to do when you can't see it but once the first one is done, the second is slightly easier. I used a mirror and a small curved pick to see what I was doing. After plugging everything in, and tidying all the wires up, just put the undertray back together and you're set!

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I had a few reasons behind installing this. The main reason was so I can keep the exhaust closed while going WOT so I can pass sound at Laguna Seca. Since you all know the flaps open regardless of drive mode, you have to lift while going past the sound booth to keep your sound below the dB limit. With the AWE remote, there's no need to do that anymore.

This will also allow me keep the exhaust open when I go into 6th gear even when I'm in Sport or Track mode so that's a nice plus! Oh, and it makes cold starts a little better because I don't have to open the exhaust back up every time I start it.

Here's a little video of me testing it out this morning.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Credits @raiderjatt02 PS. Can you share with us how much and where you bought it? I went directly to AWE site and they only list 5.0 being compatible... OP, these one gives you the granular ability to decide when its' on. The car modes are ignored. You can either have them ON or OFF regardless of the car modes.
This is the one you want. It doesn't say the GT350 is compatible but it 100% is. Make sure you get the one in this exact link that says that it is compatible with the Focus RS. This will ensure it works with our cars because they are meant for cars with dual exhaust actuators.

https://www.awe-tuning.com/switchpath-exhaust-remote

The price went up since I bought it last year but it's still working perfectly fine and it's how the car should have came from the factory.

Here's a video showing how it works on my car.

EDIT:
I just noticed you have a 2018 with the exhaust mode switch. If you install this, it will effectively disable that switch. With the SwitchPath remote installed, the only way you'll be able to change your exhaust mode is via the remote.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Interesting, I have a local track that I get flagged for noise unless I early upshift, not a big deal but some thing to consider

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
This is the one you want. It doesn't say the GT350 is compatible but it 100% is. Make sure you get the one in this exact link that says that it is compatible with the Focus RS. This will ensure it works with our cars because they are meant for cars with dual exhaust actuators.

The price went up since I bought it last year but it's still working perfectly fine and it's how the car should have came from the factory.

EDIT:
I just noticed you have a 2018 with the exhaust mode switch. If you install this, it will effectively disable that switch. With the SwitchPath remote installed, the only way you'll be able to change your exhaust mode is via the remote.
I hate the idea of making my factory switch useless. Otherwise though this isn’t a bad solution.

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have the center console exhaust switch too @raiderjatt02 but it's a 2016. Are you saying the switch will be useless in every year model of gt350 that has the switch in the center console? Additionally, I'd like to know does the exhaust modes from ford ever become usable or does one have to completely revert back to stock?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

EDIT:
A bit more info on the AWE...
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...s-anyone-else-who-needs-to-pass-sound.104956/

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
I have the center console exhaust switch too @raiderjatt02 but it's a 2016. Are you saying the switch will be useless in every year model of gt350 that has the switch in the center console? Additionally, I'd like to know does the exhaust modes from ford ever become usable or does one have to completely revert back to stock?
Every model year. This completely overrides the car's ability to change exhaust modes. You can't change it from the dash menus, the mode selector on the steering wheel, or the switch down by the shifter. Once you install this, you can only change the exhaust mode via the remote. Everything else that changes with drive modes is unaffected so the car will still respond to each and every drive mode when it comes to throttle response, steering, suspension, and traction control tuning. It will not do anything with regards to exhaust though. You always have to use the remote to change that. I don't have those switches by the shifter so it doesn't matter for me.

Maybe someone with a lot more skill than myself can find a way to jerry-rig that switch for the AWE? No idea.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I got to ask then, do you turn the switch off before the race at laguna or any track? Or do you turn it off before the sound booth and then turn it back on? I got to admit, I think it's BS that they are restricting the beautiful sound of the Voodoo. It's not 10 PM... there shouldn't be any sound ordinances. Whoever complained and also passed the restriction needs a kick in the ....

Side note: Does this increase backfire into the engine due to restricting the airflow subsequently causing slow damage?

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I’m thinking to do away with the active exhaust altogether then....

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm glad this resurfaced. I'm going to do this mod.

Thanks @raiderjatt02

Edited to add....
I clicked on the link you provided. Please confirm the correct part is SKU: GRP-EXH-SPREMAWEXH (listed below item name on the page you linked to).

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
If I end up keeping the factory mufflers, I may do this too.

OP
OP
madlag

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Car is at Kooks right now getting custom exhaust.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
I got to ask then, do you turn the switch off before the race at laguna or any track? Or do you turn it off before the sound booth and then turn it back on? I got to admit, I think it's BS that they are restricting the beautiful sound of the Voodoo. It's not 10 PM... there shouldn't be any sound ordinances. Whoever complained and also passed the restriction needs a kick in the ....

Side note: Does this increase backfire into the engine due to restricting the airflow subsequently causing slow damage?
I haven't been back to LS since the install but the plan is to turn it off as I approach the sound booth, the turn it back on once I'm past. I don't think it'll cause any problems since it's only closed during WOT for such a short period of time. Makes me feel more comfortable than the Grimmspeed modules that force it shut all the time.

I'm glad this resurfaced. I'm going to do this mod.

Thanks @raiderjatt02

Edited to add....
I clicked on the link you provided. Please confirm the correct part is SKU: GRP-EXH-SPREMAWEXH (listed below item name on the page you linked to).
Yup! That's the one. (SKU: 1325-11012)

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I haven't been back to LS since the install but the plan is to turn it off as I approach the sound booth, the turn it back on once I'm past...
Are we absolutely sure that there isn't a member of this forum that could code up a GPS geofence app on a Raspberry Pi that could flip the switch off and back on automatically?
Sponsored