GT350Brakes.com

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
Oh do I have good news for everyone!!

For anyone who has driven at Laguna Seca or low sound tracks, there have really been only 3 options. Buy the grimspeed resistors, put plumbing plugs into the exhaust or lift at the sound towers.

I tried making a new separate harness for the valves but they didn’t do anything because I learned that these valves get feedback from the ecu. You can put all the power you want to it but it won’t do anything.

After I was in the process of trying to retrofit aftermarket valves which would have worked but was labor intensive.

Next was trying to program a module to operate these valves seperatley from the car, I just did not have the know how or the time to learn.

Lastly was trying to use the Roush controller on this car but the kit is around 1500 which is looney.

I then researched the oem valves in greater detail and found that Kuster would not give me any information on the valves. I found that these valves are used on Audi’s, some VWs, the Hellcats, and even the focus RS.

AWE tuning happens to make a valve controller that works on these cars except the hellcats apparently.

Well I installed it today and it works exactly as I hoped. You can turn the valves on and off at anytime. Doesn’t matter if you are in full throttle or not as it works independently.

This kit installs as a plug and play, No drilling or irreversible modification needed.
It comes with two rd remotes that have quite some distance, easily 20foot range.

The module can be installed on the driver or passenger valve.

Step 1 Unplug harnesses
Step 2 install resistor on either driver or passenger side harness and zip tie it out of the way.
Step 3 install module onto whichever side of the harness that doesn’t have the resistor.
Step 4 plug the two male ends from the module into each of the valves
Step 5 zip tie everything out of the way.
Step 6 put the car in accessory mode and cycle the valves, you may get an error code on the dash that mode selection is not available. Turn it off and now start the car and you are good to go.

Overall I’m really pleased with the kit and glad I found it.

Here’s the kit, you can find it from numerous vendors.

https://www.awe-tuning.com/switchpath-exhaust-remote

For around 200 bucks it’s a bargain:headbang:
Sponsored

Last edited:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
So this would allow you keep the valves closed in sport mode, even when the car wants to open them at WOT?

Sponsored

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Oh do I have good news for everyone!!

you may get an error code on the dash that mode selection is not available. Turn it off and now start the car and you are good to go.
Sorry to dredge this thread back up but it was mentioned in another thread and I'm just curious whether or not the drive mode selection error goes away or if it's a recurring issue?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
And the inverses of 50Deep's question...if you had them open, would they remain open after the engine is shut down and therefore already open for the next (cold) engine start?

Sponsored

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Another question for you. If you are say, coming to a red light and you stop, shift it into neutral but are holding the brake because you're on a small incline or something; will it try to blip as soon as you push the clutch to put the car back into first gear and take off? Or, another scenario is you're backing up and hit the clutch and brake at the same time, will it blip then?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Another question for you. If you are say, coming to a red light and you stop, shift it into neutral but are holding the brake because you're on a small incline or something; will it try to blip as soon as you push the clutch to put the car back into first gear and take off? Or, another scenario is you're backing up and hit the clutch and brake at the same time, will it blip then?
Wrong device. This isn't autoblip. It's strictly to control the exhaust mode valves.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Wrong device. This isn't autoblip. It's strictly to control the exhaust mode valves.
Oops. My bad. That'll teach me to have multiple tabs open at the same time.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just to repeat, this is the answer to the exhaust valve cold start default to open?:clap:
Yea dude, I'd love that! Now just trying to decide if the event is worth the price of admission to forego a couple pre-flight steps. Either way, glad there's a cool option available as I was not interested in the plugs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.