Keep active exhaust closed w/ WOT

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I’m subscribing to this !!! Let us know what you hear about having to open the valves EVERYTIME the car starts.
Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I’m subscribing to this !!! Let us know what you hear about having to open the valves EVERYTIME the car starts.
They called me back and confirmed the logic in this unit will close the valves upon ignition on, so that sucks. They said most wanted a quiet start — i told them my opinion was the opposite and having to toggle open during every track session or road trip is annoying, just let them stay where they were last time the car shut off!

that said, I noticed for a second time today that they don’t close 100% of the time. I pumped gas and started and they remained open. Was confused so shut off and restarted and same. Possibly bc the interior accessories/lights/electrical stayed on as my door remained open or did restart quickly. Am also going to try hitting brake, start, and clutch last as clutch first right away causes the close.

I’ll post back if I figure out How to keep them open on start if I figure something out. Otherwise, the only thing you can do is unplug the valves themselves and that’s not exactly a fun/easy thing to do all that often. Unfortuabflu I need quite leaving the garage at 5am in the morning before a track day, and my one track that has a dB limit.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Interesting they didn’t close after pumping gas.

I’m curious to hear if there’s a way to outsmart the module and keep them open.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Quick question for you guys. I am about to add on a GT350 rear valance on my 2017 GT. I also have a GT350 Magnaflow Competition catback. I am going to order OEM Actuators to go with it. I want to use this AWE kit to control the valves. My issue is being a GT I don't have an OEM harness to plug the one AWE harness into, my assumption is that is only for power and ground and I could remove the plug and wire it to a ground and Key on Engine off power source and be good to go. You guys think this would work?

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is the one you want. It doesn't say the GT350 is compatible but it 100% is. Make sure you get the one in this exact link that says that it is compatible with the Focus RS....
I may be pulling the trigger on this soon and was wondering how it's held up with all the tracking you do? RATL has Quiet Hours on Sunday between 10a-12p and that's two sessions I'd like to be able to enjoy as opposed to playing hide the exhaust from the corner workers. haha.

The one thing I don't want to do is have to mess with the module every 4-6 months or issues with reliability.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting they didn’t close after pumping gas.

I’m curious to hear if there’s a way to outsmart the module and keep them open.

Set to track, shut down the motor, go under the car pull the plug , done. You may get AE not available a few times, self cancels.

After a while the car learns and the message quits displaying.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I may be pulling the trigger on this soon and was wondering how it's held up with all the tracking you do?
In the meantime I can offer my experience - I have maybe 3k miles including 8 hours of track time, and it's been solid so far. I like it so much I hard wired the fob to 12v power and an external switch.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
In the meantime I can offer my experience...
That was really neat what you did. I'm not sure I could find a electronic place that can do that for me though. I'll probably end up with a 3m tape using their provided key holder attached to that spot below the steering console instead.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I may be pulling the trigger on this soon and was wondering how it's held up with all the tracking you do? RATL has Quiet Hours on Sunday between 10a-12p and that's two sessions I'd like to be able to enjoy as opposed to playing hide the exhaust from the corner workers. haha.

The one thing I don't want to do is have to mess with the module every 4-6 months or issues with reliability.
It's held up perfectly. Never had an issue with it and I use it nearly every time I drive. Both, street and track. It's held up to the heat, the cold, everything so far. Been through 105F track days and 25F days on the street. Granted, my car is always garaged so it wasn't that cold until I pulled out and started driving so who knows how it would be if left out in the icy weather but for what mine has been through, it's been solid.

I've changed batteries twice so far and even though it's easy to do, I'm going to hardwire mine like @drummerboy did within the next month or two.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I've changed batteries twice so far and even though it's easy to do...
They just die so fast. I don't understand why each transmission must consume so much power, because regular key fobs last at least 10 times longer (probably much more) on a much smaller battery. A guy would need to keep both exhaust fobs or extra batteries in the car, because one will certainly die at an inopportune time.

Sponsored

NZGUL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's held up perfectly. Never had an issue with it and I use it nearly every time I drive. Both, street and track. It's held up to the heat, the cold, everything so far. Been through 105F track days and 25F days on the street. Granted, my car is always garaged so it wasn't that cold until I pulled out and started driving so who knows how it would be if left out in the icy weather but for what mine has been through, it's been solid.

I've changed batteries twice so far and even though it's easy to do, I'm going to hardwire mine like @drummerboy did within the next month or two.
Pretty late to the thread here.. I purchased and installed for a track event down here in Phoenix, worked flawlessly on Saturday, but got flagged on Sunday... I have to run with the valves closed the whole time as the tracks pretty flat and wide open, the 50' mark picked me up 1500' away last month and ended my session. When I ran on Sunday, something seemed noticeably louder, not by much but enough to cancel my whole day after 4 measly laps. Not sure but the butterfly valve looks partially open, but didn't pay that much attention after the install or Saturdays events. Could the back pressure of 4/20min sessions have thrown the actuator out of alignment or such... Thoughts???

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Pretty late to the thread here.. I purchased and installed for a track event down here in Phoenix, worked flawlessly on Saturday, but got flagged on Sunday... I have to run with the valves closed the whole time as the tracks pretty flat and wide open, the 50' mark picked me up 1500' away last month and ended my session. When I ran on Sunday, something seemed noticeably louder, not by much but enough to cancel my whole day after 4 measly laps. Not sure but the butterfly valve looks partially open, but didn't pay that much attention after the install or Saturdays events. Could the back pressure of 4/20min sessions have thrown the actuator out of alignment or such... Thoughts???
You can manually open the actuator with pressure. My guess is you ran it long enough that the pressure from the engine opened it slightly

NZGUL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You can manually open the actuator with pressure. My guess is you ran it long enough that the pressure from the engine opened it slightly
Ok I'll see if there's any play with the valve... *note* After watching yesterdays F1 race I'm so jealous of you Texas boys having COTA right there!
Sponsored