Sponsored

Just finished another audio build

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium w/performance pack
As some of you know, I have a thread on here titled "High End Audio Build" showing the build of the audio system in my car which is also my demo vehicle for my shop. I just thought I would share another Mustang we just finished last week. This one wasn't taken to nearly the extreme as my vehicle, but it still gives you some ideas as to what you can do with your car. As with my car we started out by having OEMradio(a member on here) deprogram the factory equalization and time alignment. We then have a JL HD 4 channel powering a 3-way set of Hertz components in the factory locations and the factory rear coaxial speakers. As we do in all our installs, we completely sound deadened the doors. The subs consist of 2 JL Audio 12w3's in a sealed enclosure powered by a JL HD mono-block amp. The client didn't want to replace the factory trunk liner so we left the factory subwoofer in place and built our trim panel to go around it. The factory sub was obviously disconnected. The factory center channel was disconnected. This car images incredibly well for not having any time alignment. If you notice, the trim around the woofers was built to mimic the drink holder in the center console. The amps trim bezel was inspired by the dash bezel around the headlight switch. We always like to bring some of the vehicle's exterior or interior into our builds when we can. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Another great install... love your trim ideas!

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
You guys do great work. The trim pieces look fantastic.

Sponsored

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Do you guys have any problems with radio reception after installing a JL HD amp? I have had the 900/5 in my last 3 cars (new amp each time), including my 2015 GT Premium, and my radio reception is horrible. My shop says that some cars have this problem with the HD amp, and some do not.

They are wanting to switch it out to the XD 1000 as there appears to be nothing else they can do. Please give any input you can as I know the XD is an inferior amp to the HD, but do not know what else I can do. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys have any problems with radio reception after installing a JL HD amp? I have had the 900/5 in my last 3 cars (new amp each time), including my 2015 GT Premium, and my radio reception is horrible. My shop says that some cars have this problem with the HD amp, and some do not.

They are wanting to switch it out to the XD 1000 as there appears to be nothing else they can do. Please give any input you can as I know the XD is an inferior amp to the HD, but do not know what else I can do. Thanks in advance!
I have never heard of this problem. I don't know why adding an amp would affect your radio reception. Have you asked JL if they have ever heard of this? What does the shop say the reason for this is?

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I have never heard of this problem. I don't know why adding an amp would affect your radio reception. Have you asked JL if they have ever heard of this? What does the shop say the reason for this is?
Apparently the JL HD 900/5 emits a RFI signal. Seems as though most of the problems occur when the vehicle has a rear antenna, and the Amp is also located in the rear. I found this several times when doing a Google search in several different vehicles. Again, not all of them, and my shop says they do not notice this problem with any of the other JL HD amps either, just the 900/5. I was just hoping you have seen this since before, and know of any options other than me swapping amps. I guess I will have to go with the xd1000 and just deal with it.....

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently the JL HD 900/5 emits a RFI signal. Seems as though most of the problems occur when the vehicle has a rear antenna, and the Amp is also located in the rear. I found this several times when doing a Google search in several different vehicles. Again, not all of them, and my shop says they do not notice this problem with any of the other JL HD amps either, just the 900/5. I was just hoping you have seen this since before, and know of any options other than me swapping amps. I guess I will have to go with the xd1000 and just deal with it.....
Crazy. I am going to reach out to engineering at JL and see if they have any thoughts.

Sponsored

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Crazy. I am going to reach out to engineering at JL and see if they have any thoughts.
Thanks. Let me know what you find. I may ask shop to move amp to under passenger seat, and see if that helps. Jl has to know something. There are plenty of examples out there. I was born the fact that my last two were Mercedes, and had amplified antennas. Now I'm positive that was not the reason.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Looks great! My only nitpick, the wood on the amp rack is visible, I would've covered it with black carpet.

OP
OP

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! My only nitpick, the wood on the amp rack is visible, I would've covered it with black carpet.
yes we noticed that. It only shows up in the pics. It's not visible when looking at it with the naked eye. We will still be bringing it to address this as it bugs us when we look at the picture.

MrBoogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Nice install! This brings back memories. I was into competition car audio ages ago. I actually still have all the equipment from my last competition system in the mid-90's. I was seriously considering putting it in my Mustang until I found out old high end car audio stuff is collectible. Now I can't decide if I want to put it in or sell it all to partially finance a Whipple.

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Lol yeah it is collectible now for sure. I ended up deciding to keep my old stuff.
Sponsored