Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Take a look at the Borla SwitchFire. It's a piece of art and sounds very good.
They do look pretty awesome. I'm curious if the sound is below a standard x pipe but above the resonated tru x.
Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
H-Pipe is going to wake it up, but the cold starts are going to be much louder. I installed the h-pipe but ordered magnaflow competition axlebacks to get a deeper tone. Haven't installed them yet.
Just be aware of the drone on the MF comps.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I'm too old to have loud exhaust like my other cars but I like a good tone. To be honest the factory exhausts on my 15 gt isn't bad for staying under the radar.

I'm looking for a tiny bit more grumble but nothing crazy. So far I have found American thunder axle backs or a magnaflow tru x resonated mid pipe. I was thinking the x pipe first. It's hard to tell sounds from youtube and cold start is important to me, I already piss off the neighbors with my bike.

Anyone have experience with just one of these mods?

Honestly ARH Catback is very modest. Cold starts when its new can be kinda loud but it just sounds nice. It's not the quietest like some of the touring options of other manufacturers, but unless your on it, its barely more noticeable that stock. Also, no drone. I just did headers and had to swap the H to an X pipe and there is still no drone. Still tame unless getting on it. I really don't really hear it even at highway speeds unless i'm accelerating. And that is the loudest the full ARH system can be. WOT it sounds so angry and loud lol

Sponsored

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
Just be aware of the drone on the MF comps.
Ha and I already complain of the drone with the h pipe and stock.. but I have a convertible which makes it much worse inside with top up. But I have the valves and kept the valves with the MF so that should help, can just flip it down on the Highway. Guess we’ll see. The Borla just has too much rasp at high RPM which is what bothers me with the stock

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Honestly ARH Catback is very modest. Cold starts when its new can be kinda loud but it just sounds nice. It's not the quietest like some of the touring options of other manufacturers, but unless your on it, its barely more noticeable that stock. Also, no drone. I just did headers and had to swap the H to an X pipe and there is still no drone. Still tame unless getting on it. I really don't really hear it even at highway speeds unless i'm accelerating. And that is the loudest the full ARH system can be. WOT it sounds so angry and loud lol
Yep, ARH catback is my suggestion as well. I started with a resonator delete H pipe on the stock exhaust at it sounded pretty good inside the car but had a lame, tinny tone on the outside. The ARH catback is great if you are looking for a sensible middle ground between stock and some of the louder catbacks. I had the H-pipe version but I think I'd go with their x-pipe if I did it again. I have their longtubes with x-pipe now and that tone "fits" this car better imo.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Yep, ARH catback is my suggestion as well. I started with a resonator delete H pipe on the stock exhaust at it sounded pretty good inside the car but had a lame, tinny tone on the outside. The ARH catback is great if you are looking for a sensible middle ground between stock and some of the louder catbacks. I had the H-pipe version but I think I'd go with their x-pipe if I did it again. I have their longtubes with x-pipe now and that tone "fits" this car better imo.

I still prefer the H-Pipe sound, but unfortunately i'd have to have it custom fit to their headers.

That said I also like the xpipe sound, but it just doesn't have the same character as the H, I probably wouldn't like the X with another set of mufflers

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I went back to stock mufflers and resonator. Kook's LT's and no cats. It's about 10%-15% louder than stock, and I can hear everything again.

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
It is. Zero rasp. I replaced a TruX with the SwitchFire. It offers a deep and mature tone to the exhaust.
Would you say it’s comparable to a H-pipe or in between and X and H? What about loudness wise?

Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Would you say it’s comparable to a H-pipe or in between and X and H? What about loudness wise?
I had an h-pipe when I started all this. Sounded like dog crap to me. Just loud, raspy and cheap sounding. The SwitchFire sounds nothing like that. The design gives it a more mature finished tone. It is a bit quieter than the obnoxious h-pipe I first had.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
H-Pipe with SLP Loudmouth II axle backs.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh ok. I thought it gave it a little more tone with stock mufflers. That's what some of the youtube videos were saying. Is the mildest axle back the American thunder?
I wouldn't call the American Thunder a "mild" catback. I had it on my 18, and It was loud. If you want just a little more tone, just do an x or h pipe resonator delete.

OP
OP
Chomorro

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
I wouldn't call the American Thunder a "mild" catback. I had it on my 18, and It was loud. If you want just a little more tone, just do an x or h pipe resonator delete.
I was looking at just the axle back option. Seemed to be tamed with factory resonators

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
So I have a question: on an H pipe, does it matter where the connecting pipe is at? Like does it change the sound if you move that forward or rearward?
Sponsored