Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Looks amazing. If I didn't know who did this install, I would say it was done by Mark of C.A.F. Very similar design styles. That's some pro work there. Well done!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Looks amazing. If I didn't know who did this install, I would say it was done by Mark of C.A.F. Very similar design styles. That's some pro work there. Well done!
Most of what I learned was by watching him so Iā€™d expect thatā€™s why lol.

Thereā€™s so much more detail that could be done but that requires a lot more investment in tools and time. I tried to keep it simple yet show some styling cues. The sub cutout is patterned after the digital cluster gauge surround our cars have and the amp angles and lighting are a nod to the tri-bar lights.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
nice setup! You running sealed or ported?

I have two 12ā€ TW3s in a ported enclosure but itā€™s not a finished system. Just the subs and cheap amp. Needs work. If I donā€™t end up selling the car I may finish The install. In truth I just donā€™t drive it enough for it to be a major priority.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
nice setup! You running sealed or ported?

I have two 12ā€ TW3s in a ported enclosure but itā€™s not a finished system. Just the subs and cheap amp. Needs work. If I donā€™t end up selling the car I may finish The install. In truth I just donā€™t drive it enough for it to be a major priority.
They are sealed, mainly to save space and still have a useable trunk, and secondly due to type of music I listen to more often.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Beautiful looking setup, wish I could hear it in person, Iā€™m confident it sounds crystal clear. Well done.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Needs a fan in the spare well to add air flow ,movement over the amps . But looks nice.
By the photo it looks like no space at ends of all the amps.

Rawnjosw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Raptor (1G), E55 (W211), QX60, Renegade
Where do I place my order?

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Where do I place my order?
I appreciate the sentiment! My neighbor, who is also an audiophile, said I missed my calling. I donā€™t know about that. I like working on my own projects, I doubt Iā€™d be happy working on otherā€™s.

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
Your setup looks amazing! So glad you got to finish the project. I'm hoping that you arent giving the 12w3s the full dose of power from the VXi-1000s as I'd be worried about the voice coils melting :fingerscrossed:. I don't see that adding fans will be required as the VXis are excellent at giving ample amounts of power with little ventilation. Adding things like thermo fans can sometimes just over complicate things unless you really require them.

Sound System S550 Focal 30KX.jpg

My pic shown above displays my boot setup. Just make sure that your trunk lid doesn't move excessively as mine did when I had my subs mounted rear facing. The trunk latch cover disintegrated during sound testing due to excessive movement. As a result, I refabbed a front facing box that helped to block sound propagation into the trunk area.

I'm glad you've kept the sub box sealed. The Mustang chassis is great at enhancing the tight punchiness of a sealed setup and can really shine with most music genres.

I'm interested on your thoughts using the JL TUN software as it looks to be a really good interface.

Presently I'm using a Helix P Six Ultimate for my front stage which has immense capabilities, however it takes a while to get everything sorted as the software is quite in-depth.

I've always loved JLs products so I'm glad you've managed to be able to run the complete setup as JL... Looks great!

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
Oh! Also, did you get a chance to weigh the sound system to see how much added weight to the car it has? Just curious....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Your setup looks amazing! So glad you got to finish the project. I'm hoping that you arent giving the 12w3s the full dose of power from the VXi-1000s as I'd be worried about the voice coils melting :fingerscrossed:. I don't see that adding fans will be required as the VXis are excellent at giving ample amounts of power with little ventilation. Adding things like thermo fans can sometimes just over complicate things unless you really require them.

Sound System S550 Focal 30KX.jpg

My pic shown above displays my boot setup. Just make sure that your trunk lid doesn't move excessively as mine did when I had my subs mounted rear facing. The trunk latch cover disintegrated during sound testing due to excessive movement. As a result, I refabbed a front facing box that helped to block sound propagation into the trunk area.

I'm glad you've kept the sub box sealed. The Mustang chassis is great at enhancing the tight punchiness of a sealed setup and can really shine with most music genres.

I'm interested on your thoughts using the JL TUN software as it looks to be a really good interface.

Presently I'm using a Helix P Six Ultimate for my front stage which has immense capabilities, however it takes a while to get everything sorted as the software is quite in-depth.

I've always loved JLs products so I'm glad you've managed to be able to run the complete setup as JL... Looks great!
There is only one Vx1000/1i, the other is an 800/8 and a 600/2.
The 12w3s can eat 500 watts each all day long and thatā€™s still within the warranty range from JL Audio so both are 4 ohm SVC wired to 2 ohm on the 1000/1. No problems whatsoever. And as you said, the VXi amps are so power efficient they donā€™t need fans. Anyone who has a clue about these amps would know this and not recommend something so dumb šŸ˜‰

You have a very clean setup as well! As for the trunk lid, mine doesnā€™t move at all.
I also vented the rear seat-back by adding some spacers between the latches. This allows the air volume to move freely into the cabin. I actually read 3dB higher with the seat back down and windows open then with everything sealed up šŸ¤£. I know it sounds odd but I measured it myself!
I added at least 100lbs or more of sound treatment to the car. The entire trunk floor and walls are covered as is the interior of the trunk lid (as much as can be reached) as well as under the lid trim panel. The only interior panels that donā€™t have full-coverage sound treatment are the roof and firewall. As for total weight of the systemā€¦who knowsā€¦and, who cares šŸ¤£. But seriously, I donā€™t race my GT500 so I have absolutely zero concern for weight penalty. The car is already a pig as is, besides, I offeset that weight by adding another 200 hp to the car with engine mods šŸ˜‰

As far as Tun, itā€™s very user friendly and easy to navigate. You can download it for free and even create tune files in it without connecting to any amps. This allows you to play with every function and setting in a test environment. My audio tuning knowledge is very lacking so my goal is to have it tuned using JLā€™s Max Tune equipmentā€¦but there arenā€™t many tuners yet who have this setup as itā€™s $4K just for the measuring equipment. But for DSP tuning there is no better system out there.

Thanks again for the compliments!

Last edited:

Ben James

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 Mustang GT
Thanks so much for the reply, awesome work!

I think Iā€™ll steal your idea on the back seat spacers. Even with the subā€™s recessed in by 3ā€ thereā€™s so much energy at full volume I worry about causing stress to the latch points. Most of the time I have the seats down but it would be great to have them fully hidden. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks so much for the reply, awesome work!

I think Iā€™ll steal your idea on the back seat spacers. Even with the subā€™s recessed in by 3ā€ thereā€™s so much energy at full volume I worry about causing stress to the latch points. Most of the time I have the seats down but it would be great to have them fully hidden. Thanks for the suggestion!
No problem! I got that idea from someone else on this forum. I have 3/4ā€ nylon spacers under each bracket. It helps to mount the bracket on top of the trim panel instead of under it like it comes. The gap between the seat and panel isnā€™t noticeable unless youā€™re looking for it.

Jason387

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thatā€™s an awesome and very clean professional install.

If possible I would be keen to see a photo or two of the wiring up by the stock battery.
For the sake of learning šŸ˜
I recently was trying to do some wiring and ran into the snag of how to connect in my fused main power wireā€¦