2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
And I quote “ we have sold over 20 of these, it can be made to work.”

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
And I quote “ we have sold over 20 of these, it can be made to work.”

Is that the Hurst Outlaw? Went back to your pics, looks nice.... an have seen it in another 400 conversion...

Any idea on when it will be ready to rock?

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
So if you had it to do over would you just piece together your own th400 setup ? I am considering the swap and the jpc price looks decent for what you get, but your experience makes me hesitant.

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if you had it to do over would you just piece together your own th400 setup ? I am considering the swap and the jpc price looks decent for what you get, but your experience makes me hesitant.
If I did it over again, I would put the 100k worth of car and parts in to land or something lol. But ask me this question after I get my car back.

So besides the shifter fiasco, me having to step in to get answers and lack of communication, they aren’t much different than most of the other vendors I have delt with during the build. Everybody over promises and under delivers. Honestly this process has taken way to damn long.

Now the little experience I’ve had with TS, builder for JPC, has been great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that the Hurst Outlaw? Went back to your pics, looks nice.... an have seen it in another 400 conversion...

Any idea on when it will be ready to rock?
Sry bud missed this some how. Yes sir it is and I’ve seen a few also. So it can be made to work. What I think they did, they used to carry the TCI shifter for the 400 and guest for power glide. So some decide why stock two when the hurst will work?

Should be ready about a year ago lol.
Last update they finished or close to finishing tuning on gate to 6700. Converter is really tight and giving trouble pushing through on gate hp levels. So they started finishing up the AMS per Lund’s specs. Assume once done start upping the boost.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Damn dude... Haven't checked in on this thread in a while- sorry to see all the headaches! Seriously with you on investing that build money into land lol.
Looking forward to seeing the boost cranked up!

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn dude... Haven't checked in on this thread in a while- sorry to see all the headaches! Seriously with you on investing that build money into land lol.
Looking forward to seeing the boost cranked up!
Not the only one lol!!

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really. :(

Sponsored
OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be sick to my stomach. Starting to smell a lot like a Z06 I had back in the day.
The plus side, I’m so damn busy right now, building new house, fixing old house to sell, kids back to school, new kid coming in a few weeks, busiest time of year for work shit goes on. Even if the car was finished, it would be sitting there for awhile. Just don’t have the time to make the 18 hour one way drive. That deadline came and went long ago. But am anxious to see what it will actually do tuned with boost. Maybe next year haha

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Do you mind sharing a few details about a couple of things regarding the TH 400 :
1) Did you use a factory starter index plate.
2) Can you tell us where you had to massage the tunnel and how much.
3) Could you show more pic's of the shifter install and where you brought the cable through to the tunnel area.
Thanks

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mind sharing a few details about a couple of things regarding the TH 400 :
1) Did you use a factory starter index plate.
2) Can you tell us where you had to massage the tunnel and how much.
3) Could you show more pic's of the shifter install and where you brought the cable through to the tunnel area.
Thanks
@jayman33

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Man, I started going through your thread because I was looking for info on the Armageddon kit. That sucks about all the problems you are having. Were any of the issues with the TT kit? Also, curious about where the washer reservoir goes after the fuse box is moved under the headlight.

Good luck getting everything resolved. I look forward to seeing the first successful pull and run.
Sponsored