bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It's an interesting human tendency that occurs when one chooses between Mustang or Camaro. They really are two very similar vehicles. It's weird that Mustang owners 'hate' on the Camaro, and vise versa. The Camaro and Mustang really are similar vehicles. The characteristics that made one pick a Camaro or Mustang can be "mostly" achieved by the other. I think the "feelings" come from an insecurity that makes one wonder if they chose the wrong team?

Ford (like most other companies) will make its product only as good as the competition pushes them too. If the Camaro goes away, the Mustang development $$ will dry up. If GM keeps pushing the Camaro to better and better performance...Ford will spend the resources to keep the Mustang competitive. We, as Mustang enthusiasts want the Camaro to live.
While I agree we want the Camaro to stick around. The keeping up with the jones. Is pricing the pony cars out of their target demographic. All the advances are nice. But $50k pony cars will hurt in the long run.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
While I agree we want the Camaro to stick around. The keeping up with the jones. Is pricing the pony cars out if their target demographic. All the advances are nice. But $50k pony cars will hurt in the long run.
They are only $50K Camaros and Mustangs if you load them up with all the features. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to buy a $50K Mustang. With incentives a base 2018 GT is under $35K.

And this is true of all cars now with the average new car price being near $35K and rising.

My wife's new Honda Odyssey was $48K (we got the loaded one). Personally I am glad that Ford offers a loaded car with more tech and features than ever before. It's the fastest and best handling Mustang in history with a nice interior. Some folks will pay the $$ to get all those features, but who cares? They are writing the check.

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
LOL, UltraZLnone is hilarious, him and blackwhole trash the Mustang all the time, it's as if he's treating the camaro/gm as a person LOL.

ULTRAZL1, Don't worry Bro, GM will just go bankrupt again and we the tax payers will gladly bring them back to life. The 2030 Camaro is going to be awesome!! :thumbsup:
Well, they are a Gigantic Mistake.check out the video is gm becoming China motors:lol:

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Also, the guys at Camaro 6g are panicking. They are frantic and worried about surviving another year. Link to Camaro 6G SALES THREAD
Man, why do they even care if there's more Camaro?

I thought they wanted to have the more "unique" car...better resale value.

They can say for the rest of eternity "I own a last gen Camaro."

Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
They could have sold 4733 if they had sent me my 18.
Lee

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
They are only $50K Camaros and Mustangs if you load them up with all the features. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to buy a $50K Mustang. With incentives a base 2018 GT is under $35K.

And this is true of all cars now with the average new car price being near $35K and rising.

My wife's new Honda Odyssey was $48K (we got the loaded one). Personally I am glad that Ford offers a loaded car with more tech and features than ever before. It's the fastest and best handling Mustang in history with a nice interior. Some folks will pay the $$ to get all those features, but who cares? They are writing the check.
Love your wifes 50k ridge line. Especially the back seat.;)

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
The forethought that went into this post is off the charts. :headbonk:
With the price of the Mustang as it sits now.... Competition is expediting the mustangs demise.. Camaro sticks around it won't be too long before we are paying 40k just to get into a base model decently powered Base mustang.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, UltraZLnone is hilarious, him and blackwhole trash the Mustang all the time, it's as if he's treating the camaro/gm as a person LOL.

ULTRAZL1, Don't worry Bro, GM will just go bankrupt again and we the tax payers will gladly bring them back to life. The 2030 Camaro is going to be awesome!! :thumbsup:
That guy is a piece of work. He says some of the most immature stuff and then says:
I would hope someone would put me down if I ever become so idiotic and childish.

LOL!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
That guy is a piece of work. He says some of the most immature stuff and then says:

LOL!
Prob just really upset at the terrible sales. It completely invadlidates the position that the only thing that matters is performance and magazine times. There is no way the Mustang even with fleet sales should be outselling the Camaro based on what I read on C6G. To make matters even worse is that you can’t per Camaro owners DD a GT or GT350 without adding FI because the engines make no power and can’t be driven. The Camaro getting outsold by a failed gutless car hurts (yes that was what I was PM’d by a troll lul).

Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Nicely done Ford. Strong US numbers for a specialty sporty car by any automaker.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
(yes that was what I was PM’d by a troll lul).
Weird,
The camaro guys usually just PM me. To mention how much they admire me.:love:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Prob just really upset at the terrible sales. It completely invadlidates the position that the only thing that matters is performance and magazine times. There is no way the Mustang even with fleet sales should be outselling the Camaro based on what I read on C6G. To make matters even worse is that you can’t per Camaro owners DD a GT or GT350 without adding FI because the engines make no power and can’t be driven. The Camaro getting outsold by a failed gutless car hurts (yes that was what I was PM’d by a troll lul).
What I find even more humorous is that they consistently comment on how mustangs are desirable by women...because you know, somehow having a car that women like to drive makes a car less masculine.

So instead, they would rather drive a car that looks like it was designed by Mattel and attracts attention of children and other men. :crazy:

Man are they idiots.

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Now compare that to the progress and advancements ford has made since 2009.

I'll wait.
And how much more money are they now? Chevy might of pushed the bar but they also pushed the price up for both cars, so it can indeed have a negative affect also.
Sponsored