Is the Performance Package worthwhile?

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
...The Smart Top really equalizes things that were big for me, and I much prefer a trunk that stays the same - well worth it even at full retail of like $200.
Thanks for the tip! Price is a bit more (Smarttop), but I'll probably talk myself into it.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks for the tip! Price is a bit more (Smarttop), but I'll probably talk myself into it.
Oh, well, shit, sorry, didn't mean to suggest a lower price, I thought they were a bit cheaper. I know the company pretty regularly offers a discount code - and I think they may have gone up in price a bit too.

I've bought so many little odds and ends I must have confused a price, so I tracked down my original PM where I bought it, paid $200, when with the discount code they were around $269, and I know some people got them off Ebay (not used, from the actual distributor) for under $250 too (They're currently $284.xx on Ebay, just look out for one of those general Ebay discounts).

Here's a thread with some great into about what it does, how it works, pricing, etc:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2017-convertible-with-smarttop-module.110796/

Let me just say, that even for closer to $300, it's well worth it :)

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Great! Thanks for the link. Looks like we can shop around for a better price, but even if not, it looks worth it. Just need to get my fumble fingers through that install without losing or breaking clips.

matt1234!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just purchased a 2020 about 2 months ago, it was used with 3k miles. How would I know if it came with a performance pack or not?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased a 2020 about 2 months ago, it was used with 3k miles. How would I know if it came with a performance pack or not?
rear raised spoier? multi-Y spoke wheels? 6-pot brembo calipers in mottled gray/black? 2 gauge pods in the center console?

470 blissful horsepower and mind-bending accelleration thanks to 3.73 differential. Well, assuming you have stick shift...

Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
rear raised spoier? multi-Y spoke wheels? 6-pot brembo calipers in mottled gray/black? 2 gauge pods in the center console?

470 blissful horsepower and mind-bending accelleration thanks to 3.73 differential. Well, assuming you have stick shift...
Pretty sure the 2020 GT w/PP came with 460 HP, at least mine did. Not that it matters. And to answer the OP's question, the PP1 package, especially w/ Magne Ride, is worth it unless you have the desire to mod it bunches.

Last edited:

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I think PP was for folks like me that likes to keep the car looking factory. I have zero upgrades to my car, but have replaced a lot of stuff with factory originals (since my '15).

I also got my '19 one year used, in the beginning of the pandemic when people who couldn't afford/didn't need cars were selling. But even having said that, the original window sticker has the PP at the original price.

At $6k, I don't think it's worth it anymore.
If people want the wheels/brakes/spoilers (including front lip), all of those can be added pretty easily.

I though the center gauges were, "cool" when I didnt have then them on my '15 and '17, but since having them, I've looked at them maybe twice for less than 2 seconds. I actually miss having the extra vent in that spot.

Speaking of PP1, anyone know if the struts on the PP cars are different from the base GT's?

I would like to do a prophylactic strut replacement, but wanted to know if the front struts that are being taken off the new base GT's are the same. What exactly is "upgraded" in the suspension dept on the PP?

I ask because I noticed that ford often will have multiple part #'s for the exact same part.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of PP1, anyone know if the struts on the PP cars are different from the base GT's?

I would like to do a prophylactic strut replacement, but wanted to know if the front struts that are being taken off the new base GT's are the same. What exactly is "upgraded" in the suspension dept on the PP?

I ask because I noticed that ford often will have multiple part #'s for the exact same part.
Struts, Springs and Sway bars are different on a PP vs Base GT. I also think rear control arms are different than what come on Base GT. There could be some other parts that are different as well.

67go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, mazdacx5, 22 Mustang GT Rapid Red
This has been a great thread even though I know I paid waaaaay toooooo much for the GT performance package. Tell myself Ford workers need to keep working and have kids at home or whatever. LOL Love the back and forth info. Too old to crawl under and arms and shoulders are shot but not too old to drive it! Still waiting for it though! Maybe one more month for first MUSCLE CAR! Rapid red!

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I think PP was for folks like me that likes to keep the car looking factory. I have zero upgrades to my car, but have replaced a lot of stuff with factory originals (since my '15).

I also got my '19 one year used, in the beginning of the pandemic when people who couldn't afford/didn't need cars were selling. But even having said that, the original window sticker has the PP at the original price.

At $6k, I don't think it's worth it anymore.
If people want the wheels/brakes/spoilers (including front lip), all of those can be added pretty easily.

I though the center gauges were, "cool" when I didnt have then them on my '15 and '17, but since having them, I've looked at them maybe twice for less than 2 seconds. I actually miss having the extra vent in that spot.

I would suggest to change them with the FP ones.

Sponsored

matt1234!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Interesting, so mine didn't really come with any of that. I just brought the car in to get the roush spoiler put on so it should like sweet once I get it back. Overall the car drives great and is powerful. One thing I cant figure out is the wheel size. I read the performance packs came with 275 rear and 255 front, the base was possibly 235 all around? So mine has 255 front and rear. Anyone else have this?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, so mine didn't really come with any of that. I just brought the car in to get the roush spoiler put on so it should like sweet once I get it back. Overall the car drives great and is powerful. One thing I cant figure out is the wheel size. I read the performance packs came with 275 rear and 255 front, the base was possibly 235 all around? So mine has 255 front and rear. Anyone else have this?
Check the VIN it will tell you...... what you post is no just a GT base

Djetok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1
Hello.

I purchased my first Ford Mustang about a week ago, a 2021 Ford Mustang GT. It's got the 10-Speed Automatic, the 301A Package with the Drive Modes, and the Black Appearance Package. It does not have Active Exhaust or Magnaride Suspension.

What I'm wondering is if it would've been better to wait and try to get one with the Performance package. I'm planning on adding my own aftermarket modifications over time, but I wanted to know if it would have been better to get the Performance Package.

This being my first actual Muscle Car and my first time looking to modify a vehicle(Later on, of course.), I want to learn as much as possible to build a reliable list of modifications I want to make to the car.
I know you said you can add the brakes, but the brakes are exactly why we went PP1. The cost of brakes almost covers the cost of the package. Plus, you get the other stuff like the torsen axle and the other items mentioned above.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but the brakes are exactly why we went PP1. The cost of brakes almost covers the cost of the package.
exactly WHERE are you buying a $1200 kit of 6-pot brakes for $6300?

Torsen $800
3.73 gears $200
build a pumpkin $500+$100 shim kit
PP1 wheels (why bother?) $1000
gauge pod $200 + revised trim piece
spoiler $500
suck-ass FP Street damper, plus spring+bars $1200

Total retail cost to duplicate: about $4500 + install labor

Last edited:

Djetok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1
exactly WHERE are you buying a $1200 kit of brakes for $6300?
You are correct- I didn't explain enough. We bought preowned. Plus my pp pkg was only 4k
20220510_084858.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: