Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Guys

I finally placed an order with steeda on the active dampers. I currently have steeda sport progressives.
With the active dampers, would i feel a better/bigger difference in handling by swapping the progressives for linears or dual rate? I know 100 % that i want to change out the progressives. I just want to know between the linears and dual rates. I got the linears already from steeda and they're still in the box. Anybody recently swap from progressives to either one? was it worth it? any difference?

Thanks
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
There will be a big difference between the Progressives and either one. Linears are more predictable and consistent in what you will get. I can't comment on the DR springs though.

My experience with the Linears was after Eibach Sportlines which are another progressive spring so it isn't a direct comparison like what you'll have.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Give Steeda a call that's my advice. Considering they developed the active dampers, they would know what best to do and what pairs well with the dampers.

For best handling purposes, I would advise not to drop the car as much. About 3/4" is good. Notice how the Steeda DR springs and BMR handling springs (what I consider the two leading choices) both have about that drop. Also the new Ford Performance track springs are now 3/4" drop instead of 1" on the previous version. That tells me folks are figuring out a modest drop is best. Higher rate, lower drop is going to be better for handling purposes.

Also, FWIW I prefer linear rate springs but that's a topic for a different thread. And yes the difference going to a more handling spring is 100% worth it.

OP
OP
Safridi22

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Yesss!!!!!!....this is exactly the type of feedback i wanted....thanks a lot for ur input.

OP
OP
Safridi22

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Yea i think ill stick with trying out the linears first. I agree the 3/4 inch drop is the sweet spot but after reading everyone else’s review on the difference in handling characteristics, i felt the linears were in line with what i wanted to achieve...

..so just last week my friend drove down from Rochester and he brought his 2018 base 718 Cayman.....Although the car was close to perfect in every single way....i felt like having the power i have on deck is a better feeling....its definitely way too much power than whats needed but its there.....incase. I also don’t think too much power makes the car worse. It just puts more pressure on being a better driver. We went for a few spirited drives around these twisties close by and even though i had more confidence while pushing the limit in his car, it wasn’t like my car was that off. I mean yea u felt the weight but it was just as precise. I think with a proper suspension, our cars are right up there.....i just wish we had the same type of steering as a porsche man.....its truly magical....and well the mid engine obviously lol‍♂.....

Lol so like right when he left i was on that same damn suspension mystery mission where u try to do any and everything to make ur car the best handling car of all time......foolish, indeed.

Linears.....it is.

Definitely over-typed!

Thanks again guys!!

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't ever been in one driving, but the Cayman has been one of my favorite cars for a while. Based on the feedback the new Supra is getting, it might be a hard choice for me whenever I get to that point. Cayman S is definitely the spot where you'd want to be in regards to power though, although the real desire would be the GT4 which is getting a 414hp flat 6 now!

OP
OP
Safridi22

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
I haven't ever been in one driving, but the Cayman has been one of my favorite cars for a while. Based on the feedback the new Supra is getting, it might be a hard choice for me whenever I get to that point. Cayman S is definitely the spot where you'd want to be in regards to power though, although the real desire would be the GT4 which is getting a 414hp flat 6 now!

Dude i've been going back and forth with my buddy that has the cayman in regards to the new gt4 coming out. Thank god they put the 6 cyl back in. They took bits and pieces from the 991.2 gt3 including the dry sump, front and rear axles etc... Although i'm not going to lie man. The 4 cyl motor was a gem to drive. lag was non existent and that oversteer everyone talks about is bulshit. It's nothing a little braking can't fix and recover. Last week was the first time i ever drove a mid engine car and that was all it took. I now realize how effing important engine placement really is. Seriously the car was like butter.
The supra is getting a ton of praise. I actually have always liked it since the beginning but the lack of a manual set it aside for me. However, every single review I read and watched said it was a fun car to slide around town in. It would've been a toss up between the cayman or the supra but after driving the cayman i was immediately hooked.
Now it's just a matter of seeing what this c8 corvette has to offer. If that car starts taking heads off of porsche and ferrari then i'm all in. For the price it'll be one of the best sports cars around. I also think a manual will come eventually. Not until the second gen at least.

This should be an interesting end to the year.

PS: all this gets peed on by tesla.....apparently this new tesla pickup truck thats suppose to be on some cyberpunk ish, is going to have a 300,000 lbs towing capacity and will perform as good if not better than a porsche 911. LOLOL.....those words are straight out of Elons own mouth. lolol

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
.....i just wish we had the same type of steering as a porsche man.....its truly magical...
I can’t promise you Porsche-precise steering, but this combo can get you damn close:

- Stretched front tire (MPS4S for best results)
- Steeda lateral / tension links with bushings or bearings
- Kmember brace
- PP bracing (If you have a base)
- Balance the turn-in with an adjustable rear swaybar (or get both and adjust to get what you need)
- ...and, reupholster the terrible OEM steering wheel to be thicker with beefy thumb grips

Chasing turn-in and steering feel/response has been my obsession for three years. Mission accomplished. I agree with the gents above that linear springs will give you more of what you want.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I can’t promise you Porsche-precise steering, but this combo can get you damn close:

- Stretched front tire (MPS4S for best results)
- Steeda lateral / tension links with bushings or bearings
- Kmember brace
- PP bracing (If you have a base)
- Balance the turn-in with an adjustable rear swaybar (or get both and adjust to get what you need)
- ...and, reupholster the terrible OEM steering wheel to be thicker with beefy thumb grips

Chasing turn-in and steering feel/response has been my obsession for three years. Mission accomplished. I agree with the gents above that linear springs will give you more of what you want.
I know what you mean. I've been searching for the right steering feel about same amount of time as you. Finally found it.
Sponsored