Sponsored

Are current suspension upgrades worth it on the PP?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
eibach pro kit springs are slightly stiffer than the pp springs but most importantly the body roll is MUCH MUCH less... that imo is considered worth it...however steeda will give you same results as well.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I was disappointed and to be honest I considered selling the car 2 weeks in and buying a new Z06 and converting my Z51 to my daily driver.

The Steeda springs and swaybars changed my mind though and now the car is MUCH better and what I had hoped for from Ford with the PP.
That's awesome to hear, thanks for the heads up. I've been reading a lot of opinions here that are backing that up too.

I'm not a track guy and I'm not looking to gain any times. I'm a guy that just wants to enjoy his car, so do with that what you will. For me, the change in driving experience was well worth the few hundred for springs.
That's what matters to me, too. I'll be tracking this car, but the chance of my GT entering some kind of competitive racing is basically non-existent. I just want to improve the car's handling characteristics and make it respond how I think a driver's car should respond. The lap times will follow suit.

OP
OP

Netromancer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
You would be better off spending your money on driving instruction at a track day. That will yield you seconds per lap.

"Improving" the PP suspension will yield you nothing until you can drive it to it's limits. 99.9% of people can't.

And the first handling mod should always be tires. There are seconds in tires. There are tenths of seconds in basic suspension mods.
I did a 2 day track training course a few years back, but I am planning to go to the Ford Racing school when I can get the cash and time off. I do it to be a better driver and for the fun, but I doubt my car will see much of a track.

I'm not really interested in shaving seconds off my track time, I'm more in it for the fun on the back roads. Being able to push the car a little further each time and know it won't fail me. That's why I'm looking at suspension upgrades.

And I agree, tires are BIG. But I have to prioritize where money gets spent, I need to wear these tires down before I go out and get new ones.

I'm not a track guy and I'm not looking to gain any times. I'm a guy that just wants to enjoy his car, so do with that what you will. For me, the change in driving experience was well worth the few hundred for springs.
Same I'm just in it for the fun on the tight turns on the back roads.

Last edited:

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
I'm not really interested in shaving seconds off my track time, I'm more in it for the fun on the back roads. Being able to push the car a little further each time and know it won't fail me. That's why I'm looking at suspension upgrades.
If you are over-driving the stock PP suspension on ANY road you are going way too fast. And this is coming from someone who is considered a psycho for my public road antics.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you are over-driving the stock PP suspension on ANY road you are going way too fast. And this is coming from someone who is considered a psycho for my public road antics.
You don't have to be pushing a car anywhere near its limit to enjoy a well-damped and controlled suspension.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I won't seriously consider upgrading my PP suspension until there are some shocks and struts on the market.
Precisely this.

I also agree with OppoLock. I won't be doing anything competitive. Even with autocross, I will only do that for fun. And really only as a safer alternative to a track. At least until I get used to the car. Error on an autocross course is a spin out and maybe a cone mark. Error on a track and your off the road into grass, gravel or a wall at speed.

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Waiting on KW...

The PP suspension is not what I was expecting. When driven hard, it doesn't settle all that immediately upon turn-in nor does it control secondary motions all that well, and yet it still compromises ride quality. It's great for a DD+ type of driver.

Springs alone would help a lot, but the dampers could be more compliant and controlling.
I finally got to drive an EB car with PP today and i'm sure most of you are GT owners but it was much better than the non PP car i drove with 20's. The ride was firm but it did feel a little tighter, i do feel like the ride quality could be better though so it will be interesting to see what comes out.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
the aftermarket is really lagging on the new Mustang regarding a full suspension. granted springs will satisfy most but there is not a single coil over kit out yet or upgraded shocks and the car has been out for a few months now. I recall back in 2009 when the new Camaro came out at SEMA every vendor had all of this already done and were selling around a month or two after SEMA. I have called numerous vendors and they have no current ETA or plans on coilovers and shocks. actually annoying if you ask me. H&R no plans for coilovers, Eibach they say late summer ETA for a non adj coilover. No ETA or plans for Eibach Pro Dampers. Bilstein and Koni no plans for performance shocks. Someone really needs to step up here.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Just because a vender has something to sell doesn't automatically make it worth buying. Buyer be ware.
And, when a vendor has nothing and says they have no plans doesn't always mean that's exactly the truth. Sometimes testing is better done w/o customers breathing down your neck.
Sponsored