Is it now between Bernie and Bloomberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
How is he crazy? I want facts, not opinions. Don't give me this shit 'well x MSM told me x so now all of a sudden I believe what they tell me cause of my confirmation bias herp derp.'
You need to lay off the CNN for awhile. Life's too short to be so negative all the time. Believe it or not Chicken Little, the sky is not falling. The sun will rise tomorrow, Trump will get reelected in November, and we can all enjoy at least four more years of winning.
Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
You need to lay off the CNN for awhile. Life's too short to be so negative all the time. Believe it or not Chicken Little, the sky is not falling. The sun will rise tomorrow, Trump will get reelected in November, and we can all enjoy at least four more years of winning.
You keep saying this like I haven't shit on CNN and every other MSM outlet over and over again. If you have something you'd like to elaborate on with your nonsense by all means enlighten me.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
How is he crazy? I want facts, not opinions. Don't give me this shit 'well x MSM told me x so now all of a sudden I believe what they tell me cause of my confirmation bias herp derp.'
You are gonna make me do this again?
  • Institute a moratorium on deportations until a thorough audit of past practices and policies is complete. So, ignore illegal immigration and the blatant disobeying of our national sovereignty?
  • Reinstate and expand DACA and develop a humane policy for those seeking asylum. Again, these people are illegally here already
  • Completely reshape and reform our immigration enforcement system, including breaking up ICE and CBP and redistributing their functions to their proper authorities. Disband the border patrol so immigrants, terrorists, sex trafficers and drugs can be brought across our borders unfettered?
  • Dismantle cruel and inhumane deportation programs and detention centers and reunite families who have been separated. Jail is not cruel it is punishment for disobeying our laws
  • Live up to our ideals as a nation and welcome refugees and those seeking asylum, including those displaced by climate change. Climate change? Really?
  • Create a Medicare for All, single-payer, national health insurance program to provide everyone in America with comprehensive health care coverage, free at the point of service.
  • No networks, no premiums, no deductibles, no copays, no surprise bills. Will bankrupt our country!
  • Medicare coverage will be expanded and improved to include: include dental, hearing, vision, and home- and community-based long-term care, in-patient and out-patient services, mental health and substance abuse treatment, reproductive and maternity care, prescription drugs, and more. Who's gonna pay for all that?
  • Stop the pharmaceutical industry from ripping off the American people by making sure that no one in America pays over $200 a year for the medicine they need by capping what Americans pay for prescription drugs under Medicare for All. Pharmaceutical companies for all their faults are privately owned corporations, the .gov gets to take control?
    • Transform our energy system to 100 percent renewable energy and create 20 million jobs needed to solve the climate crisis.
    • Ensure a just transition for communities and workers, including fossil fuel workers.
    • Ensure justice for frontline communities, especially under-resourced groups, communities of color, Native Americans, people with disabilities, children and the elderly.
    • Save American families money with investments in weatherization, public transportation, modern infrastructure and high-speed broadband.
    • Commit to reducing emissions throughout the world, including providing $200 billion to the Green Climate Fund, rejoining the Paris Agreement, and reasserting the United States’ leadership in the global fight against climate change.
    • Invest in conservation and public lands to heal our soils, forests, and prairie lands.
    • End the greed of the fossil fuel industry and hold them accountable.Do I even need to comment?
      • Adopt Equal Pay for Equal Work through the Paycheck Fairness Act.
      • Guarantee health care through Medicare for All, repeal the Hyde Amendment and fully fund Planned Parenthood, Title X, and other initiatives that protect women’s health, access to contraception, and the availability of a safe and legal abortion.
      • Oppose all efforts to undermine or overturn Roe v. Wade, and appoint federal judges who will uphold women’s most fundamental rights.
      • Fight to end sexual harassment, discrimination, and violence in workplaces, the military, and other institutions. Good one coming from touchy feely Bernie!

• Ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons. Assault weapons are designed and sold as tools of war. There is absolutely no reason why these firearms should be sold to civilians.
        • Prohibit high-capacity ammunition magazines Not taking my guns!
      • Enact a federal jobs guarantee, to ensure that everyone is guaranteed a stable job that pays a living wage. That's what we need more government
      • Create 20 million jobs as part of the Green New Deal, rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure and creating a 100% sustainable energy system. With what money?
      • Create millions of healthcare jobs to support our seniors and people with disabilities in their homes and communities. And pay them with what?
      • Create new jobs in early childhood education.
      • Fundamentally shift the wealth of the economy back into the hands of the workers who create it.
      • Give workers an ownership stake in the companies they work for.
      • Break up corrupt corporate mergers and monopolies, including reviewing all mergers that have taken place during the Trump administration and institute new merger guidelines
      • Finally make corporations pay their fair share of taxes by reversing Trump’s corporate tax breaks and closing corporate tax loopholes to raise up to $3 trillion over 10-years

Everything he says is bat shit crazy, pie in the sky loopy, never gonna happen, will completely eliminate private property, will destroy everything about America. I can't believe anyone with the intelligence to type would support this craziness.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
It gets even better....
Share Corporate Wealth with Workers. Under this plan, corporations with at least $100 million in annual revenue, corporations with at least $100 million in balance sheet total, and all publicly traded companies will be required to provide at least 2 percent of stock to their workers every year until the company is at least 20 percent owned by employees. This will be done through the issuing of new shares and the establishment of Democratic Employee Ownership Funds.

Require Federal “Stakeholder” Charters for Large Companies. Under this plan, U.S. corporations with more than $100 million in annual revenue, corporations with at least $100 million in balance sheet total, and all publicly traded companies must obtain a federal charter from a newly established Bureau of Corporate Governance at the Department of Commerce. This new federal charter will require corporate boards to consider the interests of all of the stakeholders in a company – including workers, customers, shareholders, and the communities in which the corporation operates.

Require Firms that “Outsource” Production to Low Wage Countries or Automate to Convey Shares to “Laid Off” Employees. Under this plan, the owners of firms that dispose of American labor to take advantage of robots or cheap labor overseas will be required to share the gains that they make through such practices with those whom these practices harm.
  • Ending unemployment by creating 20 million jobs needed to solve the climate crisis. These jobs will be good paying, union jobs with strong benefits and safety standards in steel and auto manufacturing, construction, energy efficiency retrofitting, coding and server farms, and renewable power plants. We will also create millions of jobs in sustainable agriculture, engineering, a reimagined and expanded Civilian Conservation Corp, and preserving our public lands.
  • Directly invest an historic $16.3 trillion public investment toward these efforts, in line with the mobilization of resources made during the New Deal and WWII, but with an explicit choice to include black, indigenous and other minority communities who were systematically excluded in the past.
    • Ending unemployment by creating 20 million jobs needed to solve the climate crisis. These jobs will be good paying, union jobs with strong benefits and safety standards in steel and auto manufacturing, construction, energy efficiency retrofitting, coding and server farms, and renewable power plants. We will also create millions of jobs in sustainable agriculture, engineering, a reimagined and expanded Civilian Conservation Corp, and preserving our public lands.
    • Directly invest an historic $16.3 trillion public investment toward these efforts, in line with the mobilization of resources made during the New Deal and WWII, but with an explicit choice to include black, indigenous and other minority communities who were systematically excluded in the past.
    • Create a Climate Justice Resiliency Fund. The CJRF will ensure our infrastructure and communities are protected from the unavoidable impacts of climate change.
      • Once the CJRF is established and funded at $40 billion, the EPA, together with a number of other agencies, will conduct a nationwide survey to identify areas with high climate impact vulnerabilities and other socioeconomic factors, public health challenges, and environmental hazards. Each community will then be eligible for funding in order of most vulnerable to least vulnerable.
      • The interagency council will issue block grants to states, territories, tribes, municipalities, counties, localities, and nonprofit community organizations. The funds will be able to be used for climate resiliency projects, building emergency community centers and shelters with reliable backup power, wetland restoration, abandoned fossil fuel infrastructure and other environmental hazard reclamation; seawalls; community relocation; community evacuation plans and resources for safe and complete evacuation.
      • Within the CJRF, we will establish an Office of Climate Resiliency for People with Disabilities. The office will be led by people with disabilities to ensure that nationwide, the needs of people with disabilities are consistently addressed during adaptation planning and that those efforts are coordinated throughout the federal government.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In short, Bernie is an unhinged lunatic.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I would be surprised if Bernie ends up being the candidate. Deep down there's no way to pay for his "plan". As a party, they should select the candidate most likely to win. In 2016 Hillary was the only choice for the Dems.

I would like a Bernie fan to tell me specifically what he can do that makes him electable. What has he ever done noteworthy?

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
You just quoted a whole damn subjective blog. The fuck? The man literally answers no questions he presented nor gives any rebuttal other than 'bUt HoW???.' Is this how you research? Find the first thing that confirms your bias and go yep looks good to me no need to elaborate on why I don't like it or be objective on how it won't work.

I'm not saying every policy the man has is the greatest idea ever, no there are things he suggests that I don't like.

What I'm asking is you present things you don't like and explain to me how it is crazy. I want your knowledge on the subject not you regurgitating the objective bias from others who can't even explain holding companies accountable other than 'do I even need hAhAh??'

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I would be surprised if Bernie ends up being the candidate. Deep down there's no way to pay for his "plan". As a party, they should select the candidate most likely to win. In 2016 Hillary was the only choice for the Dems.

I would like a Bernie fan to tell me specifically what he can do that makes him electable. What has he ever done noteworthy?
Bernie is very electable as seen in 2016 and now 2020. Hillary won the nom due to sabotage by the DNC and corruption in the Democratic Party which is still there and another reason why I do not like the Democratic Party, however, I support people in the party just as I have shown support for members on the Republican Party I.E. Kasich and Rubio.

No way to pay for his plan? Funny how everyone says these things but never gives justification. If its so simple to see then why not take the time to explain it to everyone else.

What has Bernie done that is noteworthy? Depends what you believe is noteworthy, look up his influence and passed bills in the house of representatives and senate. Just to name a few things: Helped ensure child care was being offered to parents in the armed forces and requiring accurate reporting. Required TRICARE provide treatment to veterans affected by autism. Overhaul of the veterans administration. Required a public database be made available to help crack down on corruption in DoD specifically with defense contractors. Required the government accountability office to conduct an audit of the federal reserve system. Chairman of multiple committees. A lot of this is just passing bills, cosigning, bringing up on the floor and such. Basically, I believe having morals and integrity to help pass bills or try to shoot bills down that affect the voters who got him into office.

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Bernie is very electable as seen in 2016 and now 2020. Hillary won the nom due to sabotage by the DNC and corruption in the Democratic Party which is still there and another reason why I do not like the Democratic Party, however, I support people in the party just as I have shown support for members on the Republican Party I.E. Kasich and Rubio.

No way to pay for his plan? Funny how everyone says these things but never gives justification. If its so simple to see then why not take the time to explain it to everyone else.

What has Bernie done that is noteworthy? Depends what you believe is noteworthy, look up his influence and passed bills in the house of representatives and senate. Just to name a few things: Helped ensure child care was being offered to parents in the armed forces and requiring accurate reporting. Required TRICARE provide treatment to veterans affected by autism. Overhaul of the veterans administration. Required a public database be made available to help crack down on corruption in DoD specifically with defense contractors. Required the government accountability office to conduct an audit of the federal reserve system. Chairman of multiple committees. A lot of this is just passing bills, cosigning, bringing up on the floor and such. Basically, I believe having morals and integrity to help pass bills or try to shoot bills down that affect the voters who got him into office.
A good start. I was also a Rubio fan until he fell for 7th grade small hands argument. I was for Jeb Bush in 2012. He's a good man but his brother effed up the name.

What can Bernie actually get congress to agree upon and pass legislation he wants? This is assuming congress stays as it is: split parties.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
A good start. I was also a Rubio fan until he fell for 7th grade small hands argument. I was for Jeb Bush in 2012. He's a good man but his brother effed up the name.

What can Bernie actually get congress to agree upon and pass legislation he wants? This is assuming congress stays as it is: split parties.
Agreed, Jeb was also a great candidate just couldn't get past his brothers controversies and Trumps personal attacks. He was too straight edged to deal with the Trump trolling just unfortunate timing for for Jeb.

Good question, honestly, is hard to say currently. Some things can be done through executive order but its a little fantastical to think it can all be done without bipartisanship but that is true of literally any proposal that's not status quo or bought out by large conglomerates. Budget reconciliation is a huge one, but with grassroots movements and the increasing number of working class citizens running for office the pressure to deseat those who won't vote for policies for the working class is increasing. Bernie has stated he is willing to lend support to candidates running against establishment candidates while in office.

Lets assume he can't. Would you rather start negotiating on what will pass from the 'center' or from what the US sees as 'left?' Even if we have to compromise which we all know will have to happen I would rather start from a more progressive standpoint and fall a little short, rather than, trading over the middle ground. Democrats are horrible at getting anything major done because they always start in the 'center' and try to move 'left.' Republicans, on the other hand, start with on the 'right' and end up falling a little short so still getting slightly what they wanted by negotiating. Centrists like Obama care more about pleasing both sides and will usually get out muscled on some policies by Republicans because Republicans know how to play the game. You ask for the whole cake and get a few slices, better than nothing.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Nobody will ever convince watisthis of anything different than his ill informed beliefs. He claims to be something other than wathereallyis. Just like all the leftist "scholars", he's a legend in his own mind. He knows far better than any of us what we all really need to survive.

What do I know? I'm just a dumbass hick from flyover country. I can't be trusted to take care of myself. I'm just not smart enough; even though I've been employed since I was 14, put myself and my kids through college on my own dime, pay all of my bills on time, try to contribute 5% of my annual gross income to charity, and practice my faith in my God to the best of my ablilty (yes I know, I can always do better here and I keep trying).

So just let watisthis continue to educate us with all of his "facts" while we responsibly live our own lives, taking care of our own needs, and contributing daily to those who can't. I worry about some loon like Bernie or Pocahontas running this country. But, the best we can do is be prepared if it does ever happen.

Hard work, responsibility, strong morals, and faith and trust in God is what has gotten me to where I am today. Hopefully, I've instilled this same philosophy of life to my kids.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You just quoted a whole damn subjective blog. The fuck? The man literally answers no questions he presented nor gives any rebuttal other than 'bUt HoW???.' Is this how you research? Find the first thing that confirms your bias and go yep looks good to me no need to elaborate on why I don't like it or be objective on how it won't work.'
this is the drivel from his website. If it sounds corny don't blame me. These are the policies that he says he will implement as President. Luckily for us, 1. He will never be president and 2. He could never implement any of this stuff.
I'm not saying every policy the man has is the greatest idea ever, no there are things he suggests that I don't like.
None of the policies he supports make any sense, the guy is a lunatic. He has spent 5x all the money in the world for all his socialist dreams. Unfortunately he is sucking up a lot of today's youth in this crap and instead of paying attention in school and getting a job they are supporting this crap. None of it makes any sense, he doesn't have any original ideas, every proposal he has consists of stealing money from someone and spending it on someone else.
What I'm asking is you present things you don't like and explain to me how it is crazy. I want your knowledge on the subject not you regurgitating the objective bias from others who can't even explain holding companies accountable other than 'do I even need hAhAh??'
It's not a blog, it is his "policies" and they are a socialist dream. Luckily, as Pres he couldn't do all that stuff but just publishing this garbage is enough to completely discount him as a thinking human being. It's like AOC wrote his website. I don't like any of it.Can you even pick out one thing in all of that that makes sense?

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Nobody will ever convince watisthis of anything different than his ill informed beliefs. He claims to be something other than wathereallyis. Just like all the leftist "scholars", he's a legend in his own mind. He knows far better than any of us what we all really need to survive.

What do I know? I'm just a dumbass hick from flyover country. I can't be trusted to take care of myself. I'm just not smart enough; even though I've been employed since I was 14, put myself and my kids through college on my own dime, pay all of my bills on time, try to contribute 5% of my annual gross income to charity, and practice my faith in my God to the best of my ablilty (yes I know, I can always do better here and I keep trying).

So just let watisthis continue to educate us with all of his "facts" while we responsibly live our own lives, taking care of our own needs, and contributing daily to those who can't. I worry about some loon like Bernie or Pocahontas running this country. But, the best we can do is be prepared if it does ever happen.

Hard work, responsibility, strong morals, and faith and trust in God is what has gotten me to where I am today. Hopefully, I've instilled this same philosophy of life to my kids.
Dude, all I'm asking is that you give context to your political opinions, give me reasonings on how and why something can't work, not that it just won't that is just being lazy.

I can understand why people don't want more government, shit I'd like less too but businesses and people take advantage of one another all the time and will say anything to make you turn on one another rather than look at them. Look no further than alcohol ads telling me medical weed is the problem, or banks telling us its an economic problem and not a criminal problem in reference to the 2008 financial crisis, lmao. If everyone had high morals, integrity and compassion we wouldn't need to debate a lot of shit, but here we are voting and giving power to people who we need to trust to do the right thing. I want the little power I have to be giving to the people who have fought to help the most amount of people through actions and not just words, not to drop more bombs, spy on more Americans, and preach to me that I or my neighbor is the problem with the country when our country has previously poisoned, killed, tested on, and slandered the American people in pursuit of money. I don't need their fear mongering to sway my opinions on things that I do my best to research and understand.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, Jeb was also a great candidate just couldn't get past his brothers controversies and Trumps personal attacks. He was too straight edged to deal with the Trump trolling just unfortunate timing for for Jeb.

Jeb would have been a continuation of the same old Bush policies of big government, elite ruling class making themselves rich off of taxpayers money and more .gov intrusion into our lives.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.