Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I truly wish there was anything funny about this. "Every" member of our government need to throw down their swords and begin to take whatever steps are needed to protect the citizens of this country. The thought that we have sunk so low as to politicize a fatal worldwide disease is just sickening. Don't believe it, wait until the first person in your town community, or family contracts it.

the-deadliest-pandemics-in-history-are-outlined-in-this-infographic.jpg
Forgive me if this argument is hypocritical from people who are against universal healthcare when tens of thousands die a year from preventable and treatable illnesses and diseases. What's the cost of a human life? Apparently, no one cares till it happens to someone they know. Forgive me if I make fun of the ignorance of the die hard trump fanatics.
Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
The CBO is LAUGHABLE. They are so very limited in scope as to what factors they will consider. You can't seriously believe them, You are being disingenuous at best.... you really should get some medication to help you through 2025. Who knows, maybe one day you can even appreciate America's prosperity instead of loathing it.
85027761_10215123006101046_8331695624583905280_n.jpg
Yeah, their one and only job is to evaluate congressional proposals and has done so for decades. Just too many nitwits who have come out of the woodwork in the past few years to completely discredit expertise in just about every field. If professional consensus is something you don't like to hear then do your own analysis. I'd love to see your expertise on economic proposals in congress with 0 knowledge.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Forgive me if this argument is hypocritical from people who are against universal healthcare when tens of thousands die a year from preventable and treatable illnesses and diseases. What's the cost of a human life? Apparently, no one cares till it happens to someone they know. Forgive me if I make fun of the ignorance of the die hard trump fanatics.
Here’s the problem. While we are berating one another because of our opinions people are dying. The fact is there have been critical cuts to parts of our healthcare system. That and the administrations inability to fill key heath positions is going to hurt us, badly. We are not prepared for this and it’s only going to get worse. The fact that the word “hoax” even came out of our Presidents mouth is beyond comprehension. Reports out of the White House indicate they are in full panic mode. Trump is totally clueless as are most of the people around him. The fact that he put Pence in charge says it all.

The other part of the problem is the economy. It’s heading into full crash mode and the President cannot do anything to stop it. The Coronavirus is not his fault but it could be his downfall. Now he has done a complete 180 after the first death but it may be too little to late. I pray that I am wrong.

Last edited:

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Here’s the problem. While we are berating one another because of our opinions people are dying. The fact is There have been critical cuts to parts of our healthcare system. That and the administrations inability to fill key heath positions is going to hurt us, badly. We are not prepared for this and it’s only going to get worse. The fact that the word “hoax” even came out of our Presidents mouth is beyond comprehension. Reports out of the White House indicate they are in full panic mode. Trump is totally clueless as are most of the people around him. The fact that he put Pence in charge says it all.

The other part of the problem is the economy. It’s heading into full crash mode and the President cannot do anything to stop it. The Coronavirus is not his fault but it could be his downfall. Now he has done a complete 180 after the first death but it may be too little to late. I pray that I am wrong.
I totally agree, this is what happens when we throw out the opinions of professionals, to flat out deny any expertise that does not fit the opinions and ego of the ignorant. It's terrible that this will more than likely spread all over America due to people not being able to take sick leave in fears of missing payments. Imagine what will happen to people if workplaces have to start closing due to fears of spreading? You risk getting sick and dying or going into debt to not become homeless. In Washington state that is a real concern at the moment.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Here’s the problem. While we are berating one another because of our opinions people are dying. The fact is There have been critical cuts to parts of our healthcare system. That and the administrations inability to fill key heath positions is going to hurt us, badly. We are not prepared for this and it’s only going to get worse. The fact that the word “hoax” even came out of our Presidents mouth is beyond comprehension. Reports out of the White House indicate they are in full panic mode. Trump is totally clueless as are most of the people around him. The fact that he put Pence in charge says it all.

So my thoughts are this. The media and the Democrats are trying to leverage this (as they have EVERYTHING in the past 3+ years) to hurt Trump. The media always wants a show so they are going to make it as scary as possible. The Democrats always say every republican is incompetent.

Trump is working with the CDC to protect the American people. They have done a lot in sealing off flights to and from risky countries as well as quarantining people and working to develop a vaccine.

I think the president's goal is to prevent/reduce public hysteria and panic. Since the media is what most of us see day in and day out and they are all in trying to spread hysteria and panic - the president is exaggerating a little the other way.

And what does having Pence in charge say? You didn't really say what you think, but my assumption from reading your post is you think somehow this is a negative thing. In my opinion putting Pence in charge says that this is a very, very important issue to Trump. Having the VP of the US personally working on something is a big deal. It's not being delegated down to lower levels.

Yes the economy might suffer in the short term, but that's a secondary issue to health risks. And there's not too much that can be done in that regard.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So my thoughts are this. The media and the Democrats are trying to leverage this (as they have EVERYTHING in the past 3+ years) to hurt Trump. The media always wants a show so they are going to make it as scary as possible. The Democrats always say every republican is incompetent.
Let me just say that the left is not doing themselves any favors with their rhetoric. Bloomberg's commercial was disgusting. They both just have to stop. Our country's health should not be a political football.

Trump is working with the CDC to protect the American people. They have done a lot in sealing off flights to and from risky countries as well as quarantining people and working to develop a vaccine.
Of course he is but cuts to the CDC put them in a precarious position. They are on their heels reacting now instead of being prepared. A vaccine is a long way off. Discussing it at this point is foolish.

I think the president's goal is to prevent/reduce public hysteria and panic. Since the media is what most of us see day in and day out and they are all in trying to spread hysteria and panic - the president is exaggerating a little the other way.
Did you hear him Friday night in my great state of South Carolina? The words were straight out of his mouth. No one twisted anything. Sure he has done a 180 since them. People are dying. You cannot call that a hoax.

And what does having Pence in charge say? You didn't really say what you think, but my assumption from reading your post is you think somehow this is a negative thing. In my opinion putting Pence in charge says that this is a very, very important issue to Trump. Having the VP of the US personally working on something is a big deal. It's not being delegated down to lower levels.
It is a negative thing. It's another political football being tossed when we just don't need it. There is only one person in the government that should be in charge of a medical disaster, the Surgeon General. Where the hell is he?

Yes the economy might suffer in the short term, but that's a secondary issue to health risks. And there's not too much that can be done in that regard.
We do not know the extent of the damage to our economy yet. Saying its short term is short sighted. How long did it take to come back from 2018? The problem is that if you ask 100 supporters of the president why they think he's doing a great job, the majority will say the economy. Well the economy is crashing and there is little Trump can do about it. No, it's not his fault. Anyone who makes this claim is just playing politics. But it can be his downfall. Now you know I'm not a big fan of his, but this is not the way I want to see it happening. I'd rather deal with four more years of Trump than see hundreds of people dying.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Let me just say that the left is not doing themselves any favors with their rhetoric. Bloomberg's commercial was disgusting. They both just have to stop. Our country's health should not be a political football.

Of course he is but cuts to the CDC put them in a precarious position. They are on their heels reacting now instead of being prepared. A vaccine is a long way off. Discussing it at this point is foolish.

Did you hear him Friday night in my great state of South Carolina? The words were straight out of his mouth. No one twisted anything. Sure he has done a 180 since them. People are dying. You cannot call that a hoax.

It is a negative thing. It's another political football being tossed when we just don't need it. There is only one person in the government that should be in charge of a medical disaster, the Surgeon General. Where the hell is he?

We do not know the extent of the damage to our economy yet. Saying its short term is short sighted. How long did it take to come back from 2018? The problem is that if you ask 100 supporters of the president why they think he's doing a great job, the majority will say the economy. Well the economy is crashing and there is little Trump can do about it. No, it's not his fault. Anyone who makes this claim is just playing politics. But it can be his downfall. Now you know I'm not a big fan of his, but this is not the way I want to see it happening. I'd rather deal with four more years of Trump than see hundreds of people dying.
It's not like the CDC would already have a vaccine if there weren't cuts. And it will be a top priority with lots of effort thrown at getting a solution. I disagree with you on that one. Seems like a bias there to me.

I didn't listen to Trump in SC, but I believe he said things that might bother people. I get annoyed by stuff he says all the time. I think actions are more important than words and I'd much rather have a POTUS whose actions help Americans rather than one with a silver tongue than is untrustworthy.

Pence is not telling medical experts what to do. He is monitoring and reporting to the President. I would be willing to bet he's also clearing road blocks, since that is generally a manager's primary function. Top people with words like president and general in their titles don't do the actual work. They manage the process. And I'd bet the VP is pretty good at clearing road blocks.

I'm not sure what happened in 2018 so I can't answer that question. The main thing I like about Trump is that lots of people have jobs. People that had given up looking for a job now are working. Rather than record numbers on welfare now we have record numbers of people working. And that's also why the economy is doing well. Those people have more money to buy things, so that helps businesses do well. I hope few to no people lose jobs due to the Corona virus (I refuse to write that as a single word, seems stupid to me).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.