Sponsored

Bloomberg School of Public Health: No Evidence ‘Assault Weapon’ Bans Reduce Mass Shootings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
A new study from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health has found that there is no evidence that “assault weapon bans” have any impact on “the incidence of fatal mass shootings.”

A new study from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health has found that there is no evidence that “assault weapon bans” have any impact on “the incidence of fatal mass shootings.”

Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, named after notorious anti-Second Amendment activist billionaire Michael Bloomberg, released the results of its study last week.

The study “did not find an independent association between assault weapon bans and the incidence of fatal mass shootings after controlling for the effects of bans on large-capacity magazines.”

The study, which analyzed fatal mass shootings in 45 states between 1984 and 2017, did find that “firearm purchaser licensing laws that require an in-person application or fingerprinting are associated with an estimated 56 percent fewer fatal mass shootings in states that have them.”

Bloomberg, who is running for president as a Democrat, has a history of trying to destroy Second Amendment rights. His anti-gun organization, Everytown for Gun Safety, has a history of using misleading or outright false statistics manufactured by gun control groups that he has financially backs to assist in his efforts.

MORE HERE;

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bloomberg-school-of-public-health-no-evidence-assault-weapon-bans-reduce-mass-shootings

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm against banning guns, but it sounds to me like that study is flawed. Why would you "control for the effects of bans on large capacity magazines"?

OP
OP

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm against banning guns, but it sounds to me like that study is flawed. Why would you "control for the effects of bans on large capacity magazines"?
Right or wrong, I took that to mean after negating the effects of large capacity magazine bans, the AWB STILL was found to be ineffective.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Right or wrong, I took that to mean after negating the effects of large capacity magazine bans, the AWB STILL was found to be ineffective.
Maybe that's what it means. My assumption would be that a large capacity magazine ban would be ineffective against people who are planning on breaking the law, and so using those bans to "adjust" the results would negatively impact the validity of the study.

OP
OP

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe that's what it means. My assumption would be that a large capacity magazine ban would be ineffective against people who are planning on breaking the law, and so using those bans to "adjust" the results would negatively impact the validity of the study.
Or it could be that :crackup:

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It is not the first study along these lines, and none have found a significant improvement due to more gun control. But they usually suggest more gun control anyway, and more studies.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.