This is Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think Caballus had a good point and I should have specified super accurately parsing my words perfectly how many MSM polls have different results than others. There are an awful lot of crappy polls out there.
My point had nothing to do with parsing words. Just comparing facts in the form of multiple polls from multiple sources to the statement.

It's probably a big reason why his approval numbers are so sky high.
Gap between statement and facts is too large to close by parsing.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Did you read this, Hack? It says the President is below 50% all the way across, and lower than his predecessors.

Look at how each poll is laid out and the space between 50% and 100% on each one.

This is what defense and security professionals are now trained and educated to spot in order to identify misinformation. The difference is the misinformation we focus on is that directed by foreign powers like Russia, China, etc. Sadly, misinformation is also a domestic problem.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Did you read this, Hack? It says the President is below 50% all the way across, and lower than his predecessors.

Look at how each poll is laid out and the space between 50% and 100% on each one.

This is what defense and security professionals are now trained and educated to spot in order to identify misinformation. The difference is the misinformation we focus on is that directed by foreign powers like Russia, China, etc. Sadly, misinformation is also a domestic problem.
I think you have to look more closely at it because you are mis-reading it. And you are having trouble connecting data to reality. You are also mischaracterizing what I've said. If you can't win with the truth, misrepresent - right?

Yes he is below 50%. And he always has been. Did I say he was above 50%? I think I said his approval is high. It's higher now than when he was elected. IIRC he was about 10 points lower than Clinton 2-3 weeks before the election. He was in the 30-35 range at that time and now he's ~44.

Sky high approval numbers.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think you have to look more closely at it because you are mis-reading it. And you are having trouble connecting data to reality. You are also mischaracterizing what I've said. If you can't win with the truth, misrepresent - right?

Yes he is below 50%. And he always has been. Did I say he was above 50%? I think I said his approval is high. It's higher now than when he was elected. IIRC he was about 10 points lower than Clinton 2-3 weeks before the election. He was in the 30-35 range at that time and now he's ~44.

Sky high approval numbers.
Hack. You said sky high approval numbers. There is no mischaracterizing what you said. The President's approval ratings are the lowest of his predecessors at any given time period. So, not sure how you can say they are sky high.

The point that they were lower before the last election, before becoming president, is a different argument altogether. There is no win or lose, because this is not a competition. We are Americans trying to move forward together, I hope.

Edit: Nor did you address the graphic disparity between the way the stats you provided are depicted.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That's what the MSM wants us to think, for sure.

If you looked at the polls one or two weeks before Trump was elected president and you believed the polls, you were SHOCKED at the outcome of the election. I think Caballus had a good point and I should have specified super accurately parsing my words perfectly how many MSM polls have different results than others. There are an awful lot of crappy polls out there.

Trump was 30-35 in some polls during October prior to the 2016 election. Now he's quite a bit higher even in the polls that aim at making him look bad.
Of course, because everyone is looking to make him look bad. Wonder why. Because he is bad. He's beyond bad. He's so bad that a four star general with a reputation DJT could never image in his wildest dreams basically called him a Nazi.

I will agree that the polls in 2016 got it wrong. They all said they did. Put polls reflect the popular vote which Hillary won. Due the the flat out kutzpah of the Clinton campaign Hillary lost the election because they didn't keep their eye on those key states that turned for Trump. Biden will not make that mistake.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You need to look at the independents. The Republican fanboys love him, the Democrats hate him, but the independent / centre ground will elect him (or not). It is always the same, the centre ground elects people, the extremes are never going to change their voting choice.

Hack - you keep saying 'high' or 'sky high' for his approval ratings (which in itself sounds Trumpesque - maybe you should say 'good numbers' a few times as well) but sub 50% is not sky high in anybody's books ! George W Bush was sky high in 2002 with over 80% approval

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You need to look at the independents. The Republican fanboys love him, the Democrats hate him, but the independent / centre ground will elect him (or not). It is always the same, the centre ground elects people, the extremes are never going to change their voting choice.
That would be me!

upload_2020-6-4_19-41-17.jpeg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hack. You said sky high approval numbers. There is no mischaracterizing what you said. The President's approval ratings are the lowest of his predecessors at any given time period. So, not sure how you can say they are sky high.

The point that they were lower before the last election, before becoming president, is a different argument altogether. There is no win or lose, because this is not a competition. We are Americans trying to move forward together, I hope.

Edit: Nor did you address the graphic disparity between the way the stats you provided are depicted.
I didn't notice a graphic disparity until you called it out, because I know how to read a graph. I frankly think the author just decided to make the Trump graph larger than the graphs of other presidents and the Congress. Yes, someone who is stupid might have trouble reading a graph, but I doubt very many people are so dumb that they would have trouble reading the graphs in that article.

I think Trump's approval numbers are sky high. When 50% of the votes went to Trump, he had 30% approval or therabouts in the polls. Now his approval numbers are 50% higher. We can argue about it, but that's what I think.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.