Sponsored

Is it normal for these engines to be hot as hell?

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I've gotten into the habit of keeping the hood open in the garage as soon as I get back from a ride. Yeah heats the garage up!
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
That can kiss my ass. It's already 99 outside at 11:30 am. Gonna be up over 106 again today.

So far i'm able to keep my house at 70. Thank god for energy efficiency. A 36 degree drop in temperature from outside is 1st world problems for sure.
70?? This time of year 76 indoors fills very cool.
My father was a real energy saver, read cheap. I promised myself I wouldnā€™t be miserable in my own home regardless of the electric bill. Been here for 12 years now and am still not used to running the AC at night.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
108 already. Could get to 110 or 111 today
Screenshot_20200815-142016_Weather.jpg

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I gotta say I did an 8 hour drive down here in socal with the car today and was incredibly impressed. It was a shakedown ride of sorts, having completed at least the 100 mile break in. It was balls hot today and I was not....kind to the car. I went through an entire tank of gas driving up and down two mountains at a footage-not-available pace, got stuck in stop and go traffic for an hour in 100 deg San Bernardino afterward, and spent another couple of hours total on highway 1 through lights and stop signs. The temps stayed rock solid and car felt exactly the same by the end as the minute I started off in the morning. Clutch, shifter, brakes, A/C, idle, everything. I'm sure nothing new to veteran owners but to me as newbie it was impressive stuff!

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I gotta say I did an 8 hour drive down here in socal with the car today and was incredibly impressed. It was a shakedown ride of sorts, having completed at least the 100 mile break in. It was balls hot today and I was not....kind to the car. I went through an entire tank of gas driving up and down two mountains at a footage-not-available pace, got stuck in stop and go traffic for an hour in 100 deg San Bernardino afterward, and spent another couple of hours total on highway 1 through lights and stop signs. The temps stayed rock solid and car felt exactly the same by the end as the minute I started off in the morning. Clutch, shifter, brakes, A/C, idle, everything. I'm sure nothing new to veteran owners but to me as newbie it was impressive stuff!
Yes, this thing can go all day at the track and then inch along in stop and go traffic afterwards on the drive home. Iā€™ve never owned anything that was comfortable doing both. It is so damn versatile.

Sponsored

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Yes, this thing can go all day at the track and then inch along in stop and go traffic afterwards on the drive home. Iā€™ve never owned anything that was comfortable doing both. It is so damn versatile.
Yeah, driving this car, I was expecting the performance....I was not expecting an actual Cadillac around town. It's so, so easy to drive and just sit in. The plain old normal setting is the best all around street tuned suspension I've ever felt, though this is my first experience with magneride. It's pure witchcraft.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
I finally picked up my GT350 today, and drove it back to my place. No issues. I have been varying the rpms and speed while shifting at 4k. Had alot of people look at me like an idiot on the highway lol.

When I came back though I popped the hood to finally get a look, but when I put my hands to lift it I could already feel the heat. Like it was hot as hell. I could have burned myself If I wasn't careful. When I was driving my Engine Temperature gauge was in the middle towards the C side so it seemed normal. It was only 80 degrees today and I didn't drive it like a madman so I don't know why it was so hot. I can only imagine how hot it on a track day.

Never had a cars engine get so hot like that and emit so much heat. Im not used to driving sports cars like this so I don't know. I like how can feel the engine shaking the shifter lol, never had that feeling before.

Also random question, why do people complain about the clutch pedal? It seems fine to me and this is coming from someone who has a Scion tC and never driven a sports car.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Mine heats up my garage like a sauna. I leave the garage door open halfway till it cools down. If I drove it hard I park it in the driveway with the hood open.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
70?? This time of year 76 indoors fills very cool.
My father was a real energy saver, read cheap. I promised myself I wouldnā€™t be miserable in my own home regardless of the electric bill. Been here for 12 years now and am still not used to running the AC at night.
Made the mistake of letting the house get up to 74 today. A/C had to work overtime to come back down since it was 111 outside. Same here, i'm way past worrying about the bill. I bump it down to 68 at night. Gotta have that cold air!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Does opening the door kick the fan on high when car is off? Mine does this when it is hot. Generally runs for about 5 minutes.
As hot as my car has been, Iā€™m surprised the fan has not stayed on after I shut her down.
Maybe itā€™s a GT thing and not a GT350 thing, noticing your sig.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
It shuts off after the car is turned off. It kicks back on if you open a door after letting it sit for a minute or so.
I did not know that. So itā€™s a cool down before you fire it up again? Interesting, never had a car or motorcycle do that.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
It shuts off after the car is turned off. It kicks back on if you open a door after letting it sit for a minute or so.
That is a GT thing, mine does not do that.

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Gonna have to disagree here. Was at streets of willow the other day with 108Ā°+ weather. Car went into limp mode a few times during the track sessions.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
Gonna have to disagree here. Was at streets of willow the other day with 108Ā°+ weather. Car went into limp mode a few times during the track sessions.
I am avoiding to drive car during excessive outside temperatures. The engine heats up on a normal temp day. I can't imagine doing a track day during excessive heat day.
Sponsored