Is it just me?

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Or does it get discouraging seeing so many old silver haired ladies driving around in convertible Mustangs? Usually Ecoboost or V6 models. Really starts to take away from the “I have a cool car” feeling. Please change my mind.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Around here, Mustangs are as common as Corolas. There are several local car shows that attract 100 - 300 cars every week. I would say that 25% of the cars are Mustangs and nobody gives them more than a passing look. Even the Mustang owners are looking at everything else. I used to take my GT to these shows. I switched to driving my 335i. I enjoy my GT a lot. But if you are looking for attention, buy a Porsche 997.

OP
OP

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Around here, Mustangs are as common as Corolas. There are several local car shows that attract 100 - 300 cars every week. I would say that 25% of the cars are Mustangs and nobody gives them more than a passing look. Even the Mustang owners are looking at everything else. I used to take my GT to these shows. I switched to driving my 335i. I enjoy my GT a lot. But if you are looking for attention, buy a Porsche 997.
Haha, damn! I definitely don’t think of my Mustang as an attention getting car, they are super common, as you said. I meant specifically, convertibles and old people driving them. The demographic seems to be much younger in the fastback/coupe.

OP
OP

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I don’t find Mustangs too common in Toronto, and convertibles even less so. I base this on the fact that I have a 25 km commute and I more often than not do that drive without seeing another Mustang. Of the 3 competitors I think Challengers are much more common. That said, these cars are not head turning rarities and really weren’t intended to be. If you want to attract attention, try a Lotus Evora or Alfa 4C coupe.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Some are probably rentals, it's a super popular choice - we were leaving the keys one year, and the inbound traffic was like 1 Mustang convertible every 4 cars :D

Even with the reasonably high production of Mustangs, and being in Florida, convertibles are still kind of a "special" vehicle around here, and make it a GT, add some nice mods, it'll turn heads all day, I know mine does. Hahaha, FWIW, I see more ol' fogies in Corvettes around here. :D

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Some are probably rentals, it's a super popular choice - we were leaving the keys one year, and the inbound traffic was like 1 Mustang convertible every 4 cars :D

Even with the reasonably high production of Mustangs, and being in Florida, convertibles are still kind of a "special" vehicle around here, and make it a GT, add some nice mods, it'll turn heads all day, I know mine does. Hahaha, FWIW, I see more ol' fogies in Corvettes around here. :D
Go to the grand canyon in AZ..

Even in December during deer hunting season there is a 4:1 ratio.. 4 mustang convertibles to any other car on the road.

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Head to the UK, they’re increasing in numbers but if you see more than 2 or 3 a month on the open road you’re doing well.

In nearly 2 years I’ve only ever joined one going in the same direction as me on the road once.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I don't know if it's where I live in Toronto (west end) but I don't really see too many S550 Mustangs generally, and of those only the odd convertible. We also have a 2015 Rogue and I am constantly seeing other Rogues but then again, that's a completely different market (and a very popular model in Canada since the remodel in 2014).

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Hey, I'm a silver haired old guy and have had one or another Mustang convertible for almost 30 years. They're nice looking cars. Who cares if little old ladies like em. If it bothers you that much, put on a blower and get better exhaust. No one will mistake you for a silver hair then. Then again, watch out for the old guy in a blue '16 convertible. He's packing a lot of boost. And finally exhaust so the Westside Mustangs crowd in Houston won't gripe at me that my car is too quiet.