Sponsored

Is it just me?

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Put a cage in it and never speak of this again.
Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I spent a week in Marco Island a few months back in a rental '19 convertible GT (what convinced me to buy one). I saw plenty of convertibles and was surprised on the amount of Mustangs in general I saw all around Florida, but I did see more vettes than any other car. Even being in a rental (and a old gm muscle car fan) I really enjoyed the car a lot. It was just a blast to drive and the top was down all the time. There were plenty of exotics around Marco and Naples as well but I felt just as much enjoyment out of the GT as I would have the exotic. I was fortunate enough to own one at one time and as great of a car as it was I was never very comfortable driving it. I can't get enough of this new Mustang I just bought. Here in Chicago I have only seen two other convertibles in the last two months. They are out there but its much more of a fastback city.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02ā€™ 360, 06ā€™ GT, 11ā€™ GT500, 15ā€™ 911, 17ā€™ 350
Northern states get the fast backs while southerners get the verts. In terms of overall production allotments. Makes sense based upon weather and demand.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Or does it get discouraging seeing so many old silver haired ladies driving around in convertible Mustangs? Usually Ecoboost or V6 models. Really starts to take away from the ā€œI have a cool carā€ feeling. Please change my mind.
I literally have always associated convertibles with old women since I was a kid in the 80's. Not sure where I learned it but I've always seen the convertible as the "girls version" and I know most my friends have also. All I can think of is because every convertible owner I've known has been a woman.

Now it's not like I think "oh that guys a pussy for getting a vert". It's more that I assume it was bought for its comfort/cruising side than its rowdy/muscle car side.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I
I literally have always associated convertibles with old women since I was a kid in the 80's. Not sure where I learned it but I've always seen the convertible as the "girls version" and I know most my friends have also. All I can think of is because every convertible owner I've known has been a woman.

Now it's not like I think "oh that guys a pussy for getting a vert". It's more that I assume it was bought for its comfort/cruising side than its rowdy/muscle car side.
My last car was a 85 Mustang GT drop top then before that was a 68 Pontiac GTO drop top.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I always looked at the convertible as the expensive version, it always has been and still is. It is also usually the heaviest and always the list stiff, thus not as good of a performance car, but I'll take that occasional opportunity to drive top down most of the time.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Now it's not like I think "oh that guys a pussy for getting a vert". It's more that I assume it was bought for its comfort/cruising side than its rowdy/muscle car side.[/QUOTE]

Bear in mind that originally all cars were convertibles. They invented closed cars for those who couldnā€™t take being out in the elements.

Hornsfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Itā€™s because they all either had a Mustang or wanted one when they came out back in the 60ā€™s. Now they can afford one ;-)

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Itā€™s because they all either had a Mustang or wanted one when they came out back in the 60ā€™s. Now they can afford one ;-)
Naw, I had a 69 Camaro convertible with a big block. What I wanted and finally got, is this:
DSC03450.jpg

and yes, it's a big block.

The Mustang is the DD. The VMP blower is so it doesn't get boring.

Old does not mean slow. I miss San Antonio.

Richduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richatd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible, 1970 Datsun 240Z
I got mine because I wanted the Mustang and the wife always liked convertibles. It is my dd even in Colorado. For summer fun, Iā€™ve got this and my 1970 240Z. Have had that one since ā€˜85. Not silver haired yet, but have some grey in the beard!

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
:devil:No more cracks about the gray, ok. Jeez my beard's not gray these days it's white. So no more beard.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Not sure where I learned it but I've always seen the convertible as the "girls version" and I know most my friends have also.
I'm usually driving your friend's women around in my convertible ... so it all works out ... :giggle:

Naw, I had a 69 Camaro convertible with a big block. What I wanted and finally got, is this:

and yes, it's a big block.
Wow, yeah, that's fantastic!

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Lol@RacerX, now I gotta say something since you brought it up......I had another C2 convertible some 30 plus years ago, looked exactly like the one in the pic, just all black. Have a bad day at work? Take that for a beach cruise and see what happens. More fun than a guy should be allowed to have. Driving on the beach in Corpus Christi, TX is still a thing. Chances of seeing a woman driving one of these things.....just about zero, even when they were new.
Sponsored