Sponsored

Is it just me?

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I literally have always associated convertibles with old women since I was a kid in the 80's. Not sure where I learned it but I've always seen the convertible as the "girls version" and I know most my friends have also. All I can think of is because every convertible owner I've known has been a woman.

Now it's not like I think "oh that guys a pussy for getting a vert". It's more that I assume it was bought for its comfort/cruising side than its rowdy/muscle car side.
If your not cool it’s not gonna work! And you need a hat!
60909D73-325D-4688-B69B-EB0BABFE0D48.jpeg
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I owned a 2017 vert and loved the driving experience for the limited time with WI weather, but what got me was the look of the car with the top up.. it kind of emasculates it. Top down it's stunning....The coupe is definitely more bad ass looking and cooler with the fastback profile, but the vert experience is a different world. Yes, I see more women driving them than men, but that doesn't matter, as long as you enjoy the car, the looks, the ride, etc...

Gazelch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th
I owned a 2017 vert and loved the driving experience for the limited time with WI weather, but what got me was the look of the car with the top up.. it kind of emasculates it. Top down it's stunning....The coupe is definitely more bad ass looking and cooler with the fastback profile, but the vert experience is a different world. Yes, I see more women driving them than men, but that doesn't matter, as long as you enjoy the car, the looks, the ride, etc...
Enjoy the ride, been in a vert since the 70s'. Makes everyone smile when riding with me.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
TurboMark, please tell us you can drive a manual. I don't have a vert, but I do have a silver haired lady that can drive a stick with the best of us. Poking fun at you...but often silver hair brings along the means to drive whatever they want. Relax and drive your car and you won't have the time to worry about who is driving what or why. :beer:

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Or does it get discouraging seeing so many old silver haired ladies driving around in convertible Mustangs? Usually Ecoboost or V6 models. Really starts to take away from the “I have a cool car” feeling. Please change my mind.
I don't know but I'll tell you this... I'm 40ish and I love it when random silver haired foxes tell me they love the color of my car. I can't tell you how many strike up a conversation.. If I see one driving a mustang, I'll probably chase her to the fox den. :)

You drive one of the most common sports cars in the US... Are you special?

(PS, a lot are rentals in that trim)

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
TurboMark, please tell us you can drive a manual. I don't have a vert, but I do have a silver haired lady that can drive a stick with the best of us. Poking fun at you...but often silver hair brings along the means to drive whatever they want. Relax and drive your car and you won't have the time to worry about who is driving what or why. :beer:
I think it has something to do with the green!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hey, don't knock 'em. It doesn't matter who else is into what you're into. I'm a young guy who loves pre-war cars. You can imagine the company I'm with, there. It doesn't matter. If anything, give the ladies a thumbs up, it will probably make their day. Would you rather make someone else's day or worry what the judgemental bro (brah) in the Charger R/T the next lane over thinks of you? If you're worried that you find yourself in different company than you expected, just go with the flow and see where it takes you.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Every time I see a non- GT convertible Mustang in Tampa I just assume they are tourist. Can't blame them really, who doesn't want to cruise around Florida with the top down during their vacation. I'll tell you who, Floridians! It's too damn hot to put the top down in the summer.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just to think that will never be you LMAO

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Every time I see a non- GT convertible Mustang in Tampa I just assume they are tourist. Can't blame them really, who doesn't want to cruise around Florida with the top down during their vacation. I'll tell you who, Floridians! It's too damn hot to put the top down in the summer.
Yep, had a friend from the Triumph club here go down to visit family one July. On his return I said he must have seen lots of nice cars. He said no, nobody drives their vintage stuff in the summer, too damn hot!

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yep, had a friend from the Triumph club here go down to visit family one July. On his return I said he must have seen lots of nice cars. He said no, nobody drives their vintage stuff in the summer, too damn hot!

When I was in college I had an 89 Chrysler Lebaron convertible. It was my mom's car and we had recently moved to Florida. She HAD to have a convertible because we lived in Florida and could be used almost all year. I think she put the top down a handful of times before deciding it was too hot for Florida :cool:. That's how it turned into my car.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Convertibles and motorcycles are all good.........until you stop LMAO and from being raised in FL that happens a lot.