Sponsored

65slotcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
, 65 fastback , 17 gt 350
Hi Ford fans , Bill from Pacifica California. at 53 i have been a Ford fan for 40 years.attended SAAC 3 in los angeles in 1976 and that's all it took to be a diehard Ford fan. cars i have owned in this order 1970 cobra torino,65 fastback,66 coupe, 86 saleen mustang, 65 fastback #2, 94 lightning f-150, 69 scj 428 mustang, 94 lightning #2,65 fastback #3, 2001 lightning f-150 and just ordered 17 lightning blue mustang gt. still own fastback #3 and 2001 lightning is for sale.( getting tired of blowing out spark plugs)looking forward to learning as much as possible from forum members and parts suppliers since this is a new platform mustang for me. i have worked at 2 ford dealers (auto body) first one for 15 years and still at second from 2000 . got a good deal with employee d-plan. 6 weeks to wait (had to have recaro seats) already purchased kooks long tube headers, corsa extreme cat back and barton hybrid shifter.yes i'm a bit crazy. my goals are to make it track worthy to run with the nor-cal shelby club open track events.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Hi Everyone, been a longtime ford mustang fan but have always been financially out of reach. I've driven an 02 RSX-S, and now currently a 14 civic. Now that graduating college has blessed me with a career, I am in the market for my first mustang! Already putting away for the 2018 premium pp and hope to learn a lot from this community of auto enthusiasts with some great vehicles!

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
Welcome.. Grabber Blue is sweet!

1miracle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang EcoBoost
Hello all, just switched from a 2012 RAM HEMI with a few mods on it, to a Ford 2017 EcoBoost Mustang Grabber Blue. I would have loved a GT but perfectly ecstatic and happy with my EcoBoost. I've had a few Mustang in the past but never anything new and I'm impressed with how Ford put a little more effort into the cabin and car IMO.
I plan on doing upgrades but it's going to take time as I'm now broke. LOL

Sponsored

Zombie-Brew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape, 2017 Ford Mustang
Now that it's finally official, I'll introduce myself.
Name is Brandon, I'm 31 and I live in Iowa.
By day I'm an automation developer, by night I'm a gamer and beer brewer/aficionado. I love loud music and attend concerts as often as possible. I play the drums and shoot pool whenever possible, though I suck at both.

This is the first time in a long time, that I've had a car that has had me surfing forums and this looks to be a solid group - looking forward to getting to know everyone.

My wife and I go to Las Vegas annually and in 2014 we decided to rent a convertible and got a 2014 V6 Premium and I have wanted one ever since. The last 2 years, we have had Ecoboost Premium convertibles during our trip and plan on renting another next month when we are back on the strip, even though we now have our own!

GT convertible w/ 6spd manual
White Platinum on Red Line interior
401A Package
Reverse Sensor System
20" Foundry Wheels

We also currently have a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium to get us through the Iowa winters. Both my wife and I came from Chevy families, so we get a lot of shit for our betrayal, but our Escape has been practically problem free for the last 3 years.

I've had a few cars, in chronological order:
1990 Chevrolet Lumina
1996 Honda Civic LX
1997 Honda Accord EX
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R
2004 Saturn Ion Red Line
2004 Acura TSX
2010 Mazda 3s GT
2012 Buick Regal GS

:cheers::cheers:

picture.jpg

65slotcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
, 65 fastback , 17 gt 350
Welcome Bill, with your experience and the Ford cars you have owned I look forward to your input. Post some pics when your car comes in. :cheers:
bjstang, thanks for the reply. i will post some pics when car arrives. i'm sure it will only look stock for a short time.

Lyolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP w/ Recaros on order. 1998 Ford F-150 XL.
Howdy everyone. I'm Sean. I'm from Palm Beach, Florida. I've been reading this website since slightly before the 6th gens started shipping in September of 2014. This forum has taught me a lot and it's time to give back when I can.

Previous Ford's that I have owned are a 1998 Ford F-150 XL with the M5OD, which I learned to drive on and still do drive. Despite this truck being on it's second engine(Ford sometimes has had some bad suppliers) you just can't kill it. That being said however, it has absolutely no power. Why Ford thought the 4.2 in a Supercab Longbed was a good a idea I'll never know. The other car that I owned was a 1994 Lincoln Town Car that I inherited from my grandparents. It was a great car. The air bag suspension drove like a cloud but unfortunately I scrapped the car for a whooping $210 dollars because it wasn't worth saving. The car needed another air suspension bag, valve seals in the heads were shot, headgaskets were shot, transmission was slipping, three windows didn't work, AC didn't work, it lost ABS and I just never bothered to look into it, airbags inside the car didn't work anymore. It was time to go.

Today I ordered a Base Lightning Blue GTPP with Recaro seats with the nickle wheel finish. I'm over the moon with joy. Having an electronic driver's window that works is going to be a step up for me, and that's saying something. I'm still ify if the Recaro's were the right choice. The car will be a weekend toy as I'm an OTR truck driver and am out for weeks/months at a time so I guess they'll work out in the end somehow haha. It's going to be hard to go months without driving the car though. I've waited enough time to be able to get a GT instead of having to settle with a V6 or EBPP and then just upgrading to the GTPP anyway, which several people on here have done already. The mod bug hasn't bitten me yet, but it's looming in the shadows. I'd love to do headers on this car but the warranty may expire before the miles even get past 60k.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Now that it's finally official, I'll introduce myself.
Name is Brandon, I'm 31 and I live in Iowa.
By day I'm an automation developer, by night I'm a gamer and beer brewer/aficionado. I love loud music and attend concerts as often as possible. I play the drums and shoot pool whenever possible, though I suck at both.

This is the first time in a long time, that I've had a car that has had me surfing forums and this looks to be a solid group - looking forward to getting to know everyone.

My wife and I go to Las Vegas annually and in 2014 we decided to rent a convertible and got a 2014 V6 Premium and I have wanted one ever since. The last 2 years, we have had Ecoboost Premium convertibles during our trip and plan on renting another next month when we are back on the strip, even though we now have our own!

GT convertible w/ 6spd manual
White Platinum on Red Line interior
401A Package
Reverse Sensor System
20" Foundry Wheels

We also currently have a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium to get us through the Iowa winters. Both my wife and I came from Chevy families, so we get a lot of shit for our betrayal, but our Escape has been practically problem free for the last 3 years.

I've had a few cars, in chronological order:
1990 Chevrolet Lumina
1996 Honda Civic LX
1997 Honda Accord EX
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R
2004 Saturn Ion Red Line
2004 Acura TSX
2010 Mazda 3s GT
2012 Buick Regal GS

:cheers::cheers:

picture.jpg
wow...love that combination of the white with redline interior...:headbang:

Sponsored

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Been lurking for a couple weeks, time to introduce myself. My name is Kurt, I have a 2017 Ecoboost Premium Manual. So far, I am loving it! I've never been a Mustang guy, but I really liked the looks of the S550 and it had everything I wanted. I just can't get over what a nice car it is. I'm used to thinking of Mustangs as kinda crappy cars with nice engines, but the S550 is a really comfortable car (front seats anyway) and has all the features I want.

My previous car was a 2008 MazdaSpeed3 which I bought new in '08 and loved, but after 9 years, it was time for an upgrade. In some ways, the Mustang doesn't feel quite as fast as the Speed3 which is a bit surprising, but it is so much nicer and I'm loving the RWD. I may remedy the HP "deficit," we'll see.

I also own several other vehicles, a 1939 Buick (restored to original, was my Dad's car), a 1941 Chevy 1 1/2 Ton truck (being converted to 4x4 w/ Cummins Diesel), a 1971 Volvo 1800E (looking at putting a 2.3 Ecoboost in that too), and a 2009 Chevy Silverado (nothing special). So yeah, I might have a problem :).

V3_45HDwA7oM4fWps6omdOKJKjwgP3uyARIEToMkNejd5M_0E55KdM6XFEevE8jtsnRJr-EsFWkN3egXXb=w1083-h812-no.jpg

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Hello everyone I am a new member from the Houston area. I have owned a lot of cars in my life because my brother is a small car dealer and I have a car addiction. I really did not even plan on buying a Mustang but happened to read an article about what a great deal they were right now. Just so happens my truck gets totaled at the same time so here I am. I plan on doing some small cosmetic things to her inside and out but I just wanted to contribute with an intro.
0415170724c.jpg

wildcat630

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT/CS
Hi, my name is Suzanne. I just picked up my GT/CS a few days ago and I'm absolutely in love with it! I've wanted a Mustang for over 20 years and finally pulled the trigger...couldn't be happier!

SyLvEsTeR16

SyLvEsTeR16
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0
Hello everyone. I am also new here and new to the Mustang. I picked up a 2016 GT a few weeks ago and will be looking for information and ideas here. Look forward to seeing new things.
IMG_4694.JPG

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
So this was my first post here over a year and a half ago......

Hello everyone, Roger here, 35 years old, Army Vet, car guy. Been a Pontiac guy for a while but thinking about a new Mustang. Right now a have a '67 GTO and an '09 Solstice GXP coupe (hardtop version, pretty rare). As much as I love it, the Solstice is on the market and I plan to replace it. I should've bought it in a stick (got an auto so wife could drive it and she doesn't drive it anyways) and I will never buy a black car again. Absolutely beautiful when she's clean, but so SO hard to keep it that way.

I could get another Solstice coupe, love the car. Downside is support will be harder and harder to get as time goes on and a much smaller aftermarket. Also with the coupe specific parts and so few being made, probably very hard to replace certain things. Tail light housings, top, back and side glass, etc. Another option is a 2000-2002 Trans AM WS6. Better support but aged in certain aspects. I don't care for the new Camaro's and Chrysler doesn't have a great reputation in regards to reliability lately.

Mustang surprisingly has been on my brain lately and I am looking at possibly getting one. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth but they did. I have generally not been a Mustang fan. Nothing to do with the car so to say, but the fact that it is the most prolific sports car around. I like having something different, and the Mustang is anything but. They are everywhere! That being said I am thinking maybe I need to change my thought process on this. While I like having a car that is different, that also comes with a cost. Less support, smaller aftermarket, higher costs to repair are things that generally come with a more unique car. Having such a popular car seems like it would have it's perks. The Mustang will always have support, a huge aftermarket, and presumably lower repair costs due to parts being easier to get. With the aftermarket I can make it my own to a point anyways. On top of that I think the new Mustang is a beautiful car.

This is what brings me here. Do some research to make a more informed decision about a possible purchase. See what people like and don't like about the new Mustang. While there are other cars on my list, the Mustang is the main one I've been thinking about. I would probably be going after a GT premium but I will say there is a 2012 Boss 302 at my local dealership that I've been eyeballing as well. Nice but I have to remind myself support won't be as easy with it and I wouldn't want to do much to it. The Boss is probably best left as is, the GT would be a good car to play with. Anyways I know that was long winded but here I am. Hi!!!

I had already joined two other Mustang forums but after looking around this looks like the place to be for the new ones. =)

Pictures of my current toys.....

Been a long time since then and I finally got my car!
Mustang.jpg
Sponsored