Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Former owner of 2005 Ford Mustang GT Windveil Blue

Just call me Rex. ;)

Present location Sunny SFLA.
Middle Aged auto enthusiast with a passion for technology, sports, movies & life in general. I love the challenges that life presents to us every day and enjoy finding solutions to them.

Looking to get back in the saddle in a new 2017 Ford Mustang GT. :cheers:

Previous Stangs:
1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 390ci
1999 Ford Mustang V6
2005 Ford Mustang GT
:cool:

:ford:

Other Cars: :tsk:
1967 Chevy Impala 350ci
1968 Chevy Impala 350ci
1973 Chevy Impala 350ci
1978 Pontiac Trans am 400ci
1985 Pontiac Trans am 305ci
1989 Pontiac Formula 350
1989 Honda Accord
1992 Honda CRX
1994 Jeep Cherokee
image1.JPG

Last edited:

BigDinTexas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Another Mustang lover

Hey everyone. I'm Don from San Antonio, TX... I'm currently on my 3rd Mustang and looking to buy my next...

I'll likely buy in the July/August timeframe and looking at getting a '17 or '18 GT or GT350 (pipe dream, but I can dream, can't I?).

Current ride is 2012 GT Premium in Kona Blue Metallic, but previous Mustangs are 2005 GT Premium (Torch Red) and 2004 V6 in Performance White.

I was a previously frequent poster on another Mustang forum board, but decided to lurk on here because of the S550...

Look forward to seeing more of the beautiful rides out there.

Don

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I am April from Charleston, WV. I am totally new to the Mustang world as well. I am a muscle car enthusiast who shares love for them all. I have owned a 1999 V6 Firebird, 1998 built Trans Am,2010 Challenger RT, 2010 Camaro RS/SS, 2012 SRT8 Super Bee, and a 2013 SRT8 Premium. I have been in love with this body style Mustang since it was revealed and had test driven 2 in this exact color previous to making one mine.
LOVE the Magenetic Gray.. great color choice.. it was my second to DIB>..

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone. I'm Don from San Antonio, TX... I'm currently on my 3rd Mustang and looking to buy my next...

I'll likely buy in the July/August timeframe and looking at getting a '17 or '18 GT or GT350 (pipe dream, but I can dream, can't I?).

Current ride is 2012 GT Premium in Kona Blue Metallic, but previous Mustangs are 2005 GT Premium (Torch Red) and 2004 V6 in Performance White.

I was a previously frequent poster on another Mustang forum board, but decided to lurk on here because of the S550...

Look forward to seeing more of the beautiful rides out there.

Don

Man! Mustangs are just such great looking cars. Love that Kona Blue! Similar but a little different from my DIB... what do you think of the 2018 make over? People either love it or hate it... some guys are scrambling to get a 2017... others are set to wait for the 2018..

Sponsored

BigDinTexas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Man! Mustangs are just such great looking cars. Love that Kona Blue! Similar but a little different from my DIB... what do you think of the 2018 make over? People either love it or hate it... some guys are scrambling to get a 2017... others are set to wait for the 2018..
Thank you. I love the Kona Blue, especially in the sun because of the red metallic flake, it just pops!

I'm definitely a fan of the MY18, but love the 15-17 too... I am torn between whether I want a smoking deal on a smoking hot MY17 when I am ready to buy in August or get a smoking hot MY18, sans the smoking deal part, lol...

I waiting until August as that's when my current 2012 will be paid off and handed down to one of my daughters, otherwise I would just trade her in now.

I loved the Torch Red and white stripe combo on my 2005, even had a custom shift knob to match the custom painted striped, but have always secretly wanted to put some lime/neon green stripes on the Kona Blue. I can't wait to see the Kona Blue on the new 18, to see if it as bad ass as my Kona.

Don

Hit Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the Hunt
Hey guys,

My name is Chris and just picked up a 2015 Guard PP Mustang GT.

Its a 50th anniversary with the chrome tail lights and big GT button on the deck lid. I've already swapped for non chrome tail lights and have a standard GT deck lid on the way. Hate chrome trim.

I am coming from an upgraded turbo BMW 135 making about 500 whp and was going to replace that with an E92 M3 but decided on the S550 mustang after driving a friends mustang.

First mods are swift springs, steeda camber plates, RTR grill, PMAS intake, Corsa sport exhaust. All parts on order and in transit.
FullSizeRenderdfhgdfh.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

CoyoteGT/CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Hello from Northern CA. Glad to be here!!

Hey All,

Just jumped on the forum and am excited to meet new Mustang aficionados!I made the jump from the dark side recently. I have been a GM guy my whole life, so this is my first foray into the world of Mustang. I must say...its amazing to be here. I have owned my '16 GT/CS now for just over a year and would not trade it for anything else. Hope to see you guys on the road soon!
Stang2001.jpg
Stang4001.jpg

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Hey guys, I finally joined after 2 years of lurking. I went to the Ford dealership looking for a deeply discounted 2014 F150, and drove off with a 2015 GT PP.

Lookin good. Mind telling me what spacers you have on there? That looks like the perfect amount of flushness. Also, how much of a drop is that?

... And anymore pics of those tail lights? Looks like they're very different from factory, but I can't completely tell how.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Hey All,

Just jumped on the forum and am excited to meet new Mustang aficionados!I made the jump from the dark side recently. I have been a GM guy my whole life, so this is my first foray into the world of Mustang. I must say...its amazing to be here. I have owned my '16 GT/CS now for just over a year and would not trade it for anything else. Hope to see you guys on the road soon!
Welcome fellow Black CS owner, from across the pond :D

Sponsored

BigDinTexas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
... And anymore pics of those tail lights? Looks like they're very different from factory, but I can't completely tell how.
Those appear to be the European factory tail lights... They are sweet and a definite mod for me if I end up with a MY17... They are available from a US distributor at Blue Oval Industries, but you can get them direct from UK Ford for less (left and right tail lights)... they aren't a true plug and play swap, even though they are genuine Ford parts... the EU connectors are different from the US connectors. Additionally they don't sequence exactly how the US version does without a reprogramming. The one person I know of (and there are probably more) who can provide the service to mod these is in Poland... This person definitely does nice work. A link can be found in the second video below.

Here is a video of one guy's install...
[ame]

Here is a video of the same guy who had it reprogrammed by the guru in Poland to get it sequenced how he liked...
[ame]

Hope this helps...
Don

Last edited:

GT_Bonn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guenther
Vehicle(s)
GT EU Premium ruby red
Those appear to be the European factory tail lights...
As far as I know these clear glass tail lights are not only for Europe but for many if not all official Ford export markets. I've seen one in Shanghai last year and the Aussies also have these tail lights.

Funny that some of you US Mustang owners want to mod to the export tail lights while some of the Mustang owners in EU are changing to the US tail lights :-)

GĂĽnther

BigDinTexas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Funny that some of you US Mustang owners want to mod to the export tail lights while some of the Mustang owners in EU are changing to the US tail lights :-)
Maybe there needs to be a sticky made in the For Sale forum just for those who interested in doing the exchange direct party to party...

There would be obvious dangers, e.g. trusting an unknown party from a foreign country (goes both ways) and the possibility that one or both parties is not forthcoming with the exact condition of the respective tail lights... It would be a "buyer" beware, but I could see it being a beneficial exchange if everyone who participates is truthful and trustworthy.

Don

Beem302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Lookin good. Mind telling me what spacers you have on there? That looks like the perfect amount of flushness. Also, how much of a drop is that?

Thanks, those are the same tail lights as in the 2nd video. They have yellow sequential turn signals, with red sequential brake. Pawel in Poland does great work :thumbsup: . As for the spacers, they're 25mm all the way around. The rear sub frame was misaligned from the factory and the right wheel stuck out a little more than the left. I didn't notice until I put the spacers on, and it was a pretty easy fix. The drop comes from steeda progressive springs.

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
Guess it's my turn. :cheers:

Hi, everyone. I'm Erick and I'm an addict. This is my first Mustang, but I've been a car guy for about as long as I can remember. When I was three my first love was a General Lee peddal car. Loved that show.

Now I have a 16 DIB Ecoboost. Bought it last September. Love taking it on all the country backroads north of where I live. There aren't many in north Texas. I've been here lurking for awhile. Figured it was time to formally introduce myself.
Sponsored