Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
2020 HEP R purchase pending. Looked at:

USAA
Geico Military
Hagerty

Of the three, USAA was lowest priced with same or better coverage than the other two.

Amazingly, Hagerty was the most expensive of the 3.
Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
2020 HEP R purchase pending. Looked at:

USAA
Geico Military
Hagerty

Of the three, USAA was lowest priced with same or better coverage than the other two.

Amazingly, Hagerty was the most expensive of the 3.
I have USAA. not a fan of hagerty, too many restrictions. When I had a collector policy for my Viper & Cobra R I had American Collector, they were pretty good.

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
Thanks for posting. I've had USAA for decades and never shopped around when I got my GT350 this spring.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Insurance is a gray area w/o question. So far, no one has come close to State Farm. I have the house and cars with them. The discounts are massive.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Insurance is a gray area w/o question. So far, no one has come close to State Farm. I have the house and cars with them. The discounts are massive.
I’m all about a discount but USAA has been impressive. My friends had USAA during a hurricane and power was out for days. USAA paid for everything they lost in their freezers and fridge, even the beer.

The discounts don’t help me much if they’re only tens of dollars a month when I get coverage for my CF wheels. That’s what I was mainly concerned about.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
I’m all about a discount but USAA has been impressive. My friends had USAA during a hurricane and power was out for days. USAA paid for everything they post in their freezers and fridge, even the beer.

The discounts don’t help me much if they’re only tens of dollars a month when I get coverage for my CF wheels. That’s what I was mainly concerned about.
How much extra was it for the wheel insurance? I imagine you had to send them pictures and an explanation?

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much extra was it for the wheel insurance? I imagine you had to send them pictures and an explanation?
I just got the quote, which included that. I didn’t ask for a breakdown. When I purchase the R, I’ll get the official breakdown and update it.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yes, you really have to shop around. I have USAA on most of my cars. For some reason, they were sky high on the Z06 and the WRX.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have USAA. not a fan of hagerty, too many restrictions. When I had a collector policy for my Viper & Cobra R I had American Collector, they were pretty good.
AC is where my Cobra has been insured since 2007 - good company, Agreed Value policy with value clearly documented in policy, 8% annual appreciation, $500.00 stored parts coverage and many other optional benefits if needed. Never had an issue with them and prices are very fair.

As with any Collector Car Insurance, always always, always, get an Agreed Value policy where the value is clearly documented on the policy declaration pages AND read all of the fine print!! It’s not what is covered by the policy, it is what is NOT covered that should be the concern when shopping policies. Many people don’t read squat and just sign on the line, but when it comes time for a loss claim, they’ll surely know at that time what wasn’t covered due to their lack of not knowing the complete policy terms/conditions/exclusions....

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Does anyone know much about track weekends and insurance?..

@honeybadger
@Caballus

no help here, either. I don't run it--helps me keep my "red mist" moments in check. I would probably run it for time attack weekends where you spend so much time at 10/10ths.

Little rant here, but 9 times out of 10, the cars I see wrecked are the ones being driven by owners with too much money to care or insurance which gives them that "eh, it's insured" rental car attitude.
Sponsored