Sponsored

Specialty Insurance

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Guys, I know this topic has been discussed a bit periodically on this forum but I am looking for current information. I just got my renewal notice from Liberty Mutual and my auto premium was jacked $1k ($2K alone per year is cost of the 350)! This is with a $1k deductible and many discounts we qualify for. Along with that painful bend over, the exclusions language of the policy finally changed to include no coverage for HPDEs. :rant::frusty:...
For some reason Liberty Mutual left this exclusion off until now, so I was lucky in that regard.

Now I am definitively giving LM the boot for all my insurance. However, I am inclined to grab a separate specialty policy for the 350 if your feedback indicates that's a route I should go. Can you please share the company you went with and roughly the premium you're paying with level of coverage. I am hoping to avoid making this insurance transition a full time job for the next week. Thanks! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Guys, I know this topic has been discussed a bit periodically on this forum but I am looking for current information. I just got my renewal notice from Liberty Mutual and my auto premium was jacked $1k ($2K alone per year is cost of the 350)! This is with a $1k deductible and many discounts we qualify for. Along with that painful bend over, the exclusions language of the policy finally changed to include no coverage for HPDEs. :rant::frusty:...
For some reason Liberty Mutual left this exclusion off until now, so I was lucky in that regard.

Now I am definitively giving LM the boot for all my insurance. However, I am inclined to grab a separate specialty policy for the 350 if your feedback indicates that's a route I should go. Can you please share the company you went with and roughly the premium you're paying with level of coverage. I am hoping to avoid making this insurance transition a full time job for the next week. Thanks! :thumbsup:
To clarify your old rate was $2,000 a year and now it would be $3,000?

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
To clarify your old rate was $2,000 a year and now it would be $3,000?
No, last year was about 1k for the 350 and this year is 2k.

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
No, last year was about 1k for the 350 and this year is 2k.
If you were able to get a whole year for $1,000 count yourself extremely lucky if it was a very good policy. I found that if you are a very good driver with no tickets in the last 5 years or wrecks and want a $500 deductible with full coverage by a highly rated company you will be looking at anywhere from $1,300 to $2,000 a year. This is with less than 7,500 miles a year driving on it. This is with $500,000/$250,000 coverage and valuation of vehicle at $80,000

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
If you were able to get a whole year for $1,000 count yourself extremely lucky if it was a very good policy. I found that if you are a very good driver with no tickets in the last 5 years or wrecks and want a $500 deductible with full coverage by a highly rated company you will be looking at anywhere from $1,300 to $2,000 a year. This is with less than 7,500 miles a year driving on it. This is with $500,000/$250,000 coverage and valuation of vehicle at $80,000
Mine is a 16 and I think the insurance companies have caught up with the 350. I am now at the high end of that scale with a 1k deductible....hence the need to change. Your comments are also the reason I am considering a specialty policy with specified valuation.

Sponsored

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Mine is a 16 and I think the insurance companies have caught up with the 350. I am now at the high end of that scale with a 1k deductible....hence the need to change. Your comments are also the reason I am considering a specialty policy with specified valuation.
I think the best you can hope for is going to be in the $1,300 range/ per year and that is with a discount paying it in full at one time.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'm paying $825 every 6 months with State Farm 250/500/100 and a $100 deductible.

I've considered shopping around - we're paying $407 a month to insure all 3 cars - it's killing me.

Reactions: CSL

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Oh, and I had to sign a document that none of my kids that drive who are under 21 can ever drive it also, lol. Yes I am serious

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I am paying ~$550 every 6 months with State Farm. It is probably $1K deductible. Note I am over 60 and they have all my insurance business, including 6 vehicles. I have been with them well over 30 years and they treat me well, in spite of a few ugly claims. I do not have track coverage, as SF wised up to DEs a long time ago. I am at a point in life that I simply accept the risk exposure for a total loss of a car on track. I can only kill one at a time. :D

Just remember, there are only 2 rules for racing:
1. Go fast
2. Don't f**k up

If you follow rule #2, you don't need insurance.

:p:cheers:

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Try progressive...

This is my 6 month. Full disclosure - I have 2 other vehicles on the policy, but this is what the breakdown for the Shelby is:

2017 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY

Coverages
Limits
Rate
Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability:
$100,000 each person
$300,000 each accident
$100,000 each accident $114.00
Medical Payments: No Coverage $0.00
Comprehensive: $500 deductible $65.00
Collision: $500 deductible $291.00
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage: No Coverage $0.00
Rental Reimbursement: No Coverage $0.00
Roadside Assistance:
No Coverage $0.00
Custom Parts and/or Equipment value:
(At the time of a claim, it will be the insured's responsibility to show receipts to verify the existence and value of additional parts or equipment.) $0.00 $0.00
Loan/Lease Payoff: No Coverage $0.00
Total rate for this vehicle: $470.00

*edit*

obvs this doesn't cover HPDE...

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I could pay a bit more and bump the mileage. I have other cars to commute in.
I am surprised you haven't already done that after driving yours, as I couldn't help myself if I was limited at 3,000 miles. I would be calling the agent with my cell while in the car driving to increase the mileage, lol.

The_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am surprised you haven't already done that after driving yours, as I couldn't help myself if I was limited at 3,000 miles. I would be calling the agent with my cell while in the car driving to increase the mileage, lol.
I may do that next year. Winter is coming on now soon, and I won't be driving it for a few months.
Sponsored