Sponsored

Installed Tail Light Panel & Roush Spoiler

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone with the Roush spoiler experienced the problem (mentioned elsewhere on this forum) where debris collects in the gap between the spoiler and the trunk lid?

I assume this is the gap created by the 3M mounting tape that is between the two surfaces.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CoyoteS550

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
Does the Roush spoiler bolt into the factory holes of a car that came with a spoiler?
No, you need to drill 7 mounting holes on the outside of the trunk lid and 4 on the inside. This spoiler does not mount where the stock one does, so ideally you will only want to get this spoiler if you got the "spoiler delete."

Has anyone with the Roush spoiler experienced the problem (mentioned elsewhere on this forum) where debris collects in the gap between the spoiler and the trunk lid?

I assume this is the gap created by the 3M mounting tape that is between the two surfaces.
I haven't had any issues yet, but I can see how debris could collect there. If I start to notice anything I'll post it.

francisco511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

I finally got it installed about a week ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
Did any of you guys have issues with the 1" rounds of sheet metal you drilled out for the access holes falling into the void space between the outer shell and inner sheet metal? All of mine fell into this space and now every time I open the trunk I hear them moving around. I've tried fishing for them with a magnet but no luck. Any other ideas on how to get them out?

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Ya I dropped 2 in myself. One of these days Im going to take the trunk off so I can get them out. It would be easy to get them into an area you can reach if the trunk was off the car

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I ended up taking my trunk lid off. As all of the hole sawed metal fell in and i dropped one of the bolts in there too. My sausage fingers couldnt control themselves lol. But once it was off you can just rotate it around an all the stuff will come right out. The bolts that hold the lid to the hinge arent slotted or anything so it goes right back on an stays aligned. Not very heavy either

OP
OP
CoyoteS550

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
Did any of you guys have issues with the 1" rounds of sheet metal you drilled out for the access holes falling into the void space between the outer shell and inner sheet metal? All of mine fell into this space and now every time I open the trunk I hear them moving around. I've tried fishing for them with a magnet but no luck. Any other ideas on how to get them out?
I was able to get the cut-outs removed without falling into the trunk lid, my problem is the trunk is filled with metal shavings. When I open it I can hear little pieces of metal tumble around in there.

Not as bad as your situation, but still a slight annoyance.

Sponsored

CrummyArchitect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A, "MGNETO"
I'm debating about getting the a Roush spoiler, I like it but kind of want to see what else comes out. Also can't decide if I want it in matching body color or black. Seen black on a white one and with the black PP wheels it looks good. Also the blank panel is a good call, I just can't justify spending the $140 to omit the GT.

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
I ended up taking my trunk lid off. As all of the hole sawed metal fell in and i dropped one of the bolts in there too. My sausage fingers couldnt control themselves lol. But once it was off you can just rotate it around an all the stuff will come right out. The bolts that hold the lid to the hinge arent slotted or anything so it goes right back on an stays aligned. Not very heavy either
Thanks for the info. I think I'll give this a try. I haven't had a chance to look; does the wire harness have a plug somewhere that can be disconnected easily when I remove the lid?

Ingot2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Thanks for the info. I think I'll give this a try. I haven't had a chance to look; does the wire harness have a plug somewhere that can be disconnected easily when I remove the lid?
Yes. You just unplug the reverse camera and trunk release an the wire can be taken off.

fmusignac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hey OP, did you think about installing it in black with your triple yellow? I am thinking about doing black hood and spoiler on my triple yellow PP. Wondering what others think... I was thinking the contrast with black hood, black spoiler and (maybe) black side scoops would look nice.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i'm still struggling with if I want to buy this spoiler or not. I like it both ways and it's been driving me nuts since I bought the car
Sponsored