Sponsored

Accelatec Tail Light Panel - Anyone have? Is it high quality?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
There was a noticeable gap on both the left and right sides
It just needs adjusted.
Maybe. But you should not have to adjust the lights to get them the same distance from the factory panel. REALLY stupid to not match the factory part width. I wouldn't trust anything made by them.
Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Maybe. But you should not have to adjust the lights to get them the same distance from the factory panel. REALLY stupid to not match the factory part width. I wouldn't trust anything made by them.
I have had issues with Drake parts before. I think CJPP should have indicated the true manufacture. As for adjustment, the dealership auto body shop said they could move the tail lights inward to be closer to the Drake panel, but then there would be a gap for the tail lights and the body. That is why I elected to return to the stock panel. I still have not heard anything from CJPP as to an RMA.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I have had issues with Drake parts before. I think CJPP should have indicated the true manufacture. As for adjustment, the dealership auto body shop said they could move the tail lights inward to be closer to the Drake panel, but then there would be a gap for the tail lights and the body. That is why I elected to return to the stock panel. I still have not heard anything from CJPP as to an RMA.
I found that everything was so out of whack from the factory on my rear end that I couldn't believe it. I adjusted the lid and the rear panel and it made a huge difference. I agree if you don't want to mess with it, just send it back.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I found that everything was so out of whack from the factory on my rear end that I couldn't believe it. I adjusted the lid and the rear panel and it made a huge difference. I agree if you don't want to mess with it, just send it back.
Yeah, but at least the factory parts were all the same. No excuse for a replacement panel to be a different width than the factory.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but at least the factory parts were all the same. No excuse for a replacement panel to be a different width than the factory.
Measure the width and see if it's the same. Mine just stuck out a little further, the angle was off due to the mount sitting more flush to the trying lid. It was further skewed by the books at the bottom behind the rubber plugs, you can adjust a little based on tightness of the screws and also side to side. If yours was short on both sides, I would be willing to bet that the prongs at the top weren't seated.

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Update: After calling and speaking with a different rep, I now have the RMA :like:

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I had the MP Concepts one from AM on my ecoboost and it fit perfectly, It looked like a factory part, just without an emblem. I can vouch fort he MP Concepts one.

As far as the rear end being all out of alignment, my trunk was misaligned from the factory lol

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
gonna change mines out its already all scratched up. gonna buy the offical ford one
The official Ford one? I was quoted $1,200 by Ford and $650 from Tasca. I wonder if the quote was for the entire assembly or just the black panel. How much are you getting yours for? And through which vendor? Do you have a part #?

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt

Sponsored

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
I'm going to color match it once I get it

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Oh, that's the one with the horizontal line. I wanted completely flat . I ordered the MP panel as suggested in an earlier post.
I like without line better unless you have something in the middle and apparently the new style is much more prone to scratches. I have no idea how 3rd party ones are for scratches.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
A few month old thread but I was looking for some info on the Accelatec panel, came up in a Black Friday sale for $99.

Sounds like it might be a little hit-or-miss, good price but the OEM panel isnā€™t that much more ...

I like without line better unless you have something in the middle and apparently the new style is much more prone to scratches. I have no idea how 3rd party ones are for scratches.
Iā€™ve got a ā€˜19 so Iā€™ve adjusted to the lines, and my plan is to use my coyote badge thatā€™s been sitting around for like 2 years.

That being said, the comment about the newer panels scratching easier is interesting. I got my car used with just 4K miles and it looked basically showroom new - except the rear panel has a notable amount of scratches - I mean, Iā€™d say it was the same, if not maybe even a touch worse than my almost 4 year old ā€˜16 I traded!

Maybe a couple of coats of wax and some extra care when wiping it down?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
The Accelatec looks good to me from this angle.
9F1136CC-D4E3-4CA0-93A4-5518826AEB49.jpeg
Sponsored