Sponsored

Injen CAI

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I was referring to tuning the Injen intake with the insert removed. My bad, I should have elaborated on that in my first post. So as long as the tuner knows the diameter of the intake, I guess you're good for a baseline.
Yes. What happens is that the maf sensor reads the flow characteristics from the center of the tube. When you put a different diameter tube, the maf sensor is not reading the center anymore. Lenght wise its becoming short in the tube. So tuners knowing the diameter of the tube can adjust the maf settings and make it look like its still reading from the original location. So they need to know the diameter for sure!
Sponsored

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
I have my Injen for some time. I cutted the insert, ( see pic) and lund tune it. Notice that the ID is 106mm which very similar to Steedas.

I mainly did it because of the high IAT's with the Steeda, in our hot climate.

I also wrapped with heat insulation, and measure the difference, between the outside of the box, (header side), and the temp inside the box. because it was done with a hair dryer only went up to 175F...see pics...

finish product....

If I let it idle for 20 mins, it will go up maybe 120F, but normally I dont see more that 10F more that ambient.....

Again this a concern for guys in FL, TX, and warmer climates on the south....

5cent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt shadow black
Great idea. Im in Louisiana it gets hot. lol. i will have a gt350 TB soon and a IM one day. i want to keep my injen intake and find a way to make a 120mm tube for it. Love to closed box style and really not a fan of the pmas or jlt.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have my Injen for some time. I cutted the insert, ( see pic) and lund tune it. Notice that the ID is 106mm which very similar to Steedas.

I mainly did it because of the high IAT's with the Steeda, in our hot climate.

I also wrapped with heat insulation, and measure the difference, between the outside of the box, (header side), and the temp inside the box. because it was done with a hair dryer only went up to 175F...see pics...

finish product....

If I let it idle for 20 mins, it will go up maybe 120F, but normally I dont see more that 10F more that ambient.....

Again this a concern for guys in FL, TX, and warmer climates on the south....

What is the part you are cutting?

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
Look at the first pic, that the cross section of the MAF sensor. When you ct about 1/8", releases the insert and change from 86mm to 106mm ID.
Doing this requires a tune.

Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That heat insulation is a great idea. I noticed mine seems to heat soak a little bit more than the stock box and I guess it's due to the thick ass plastic it's made of. Where can I buy that heat insulation?

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Bump for more info on the heat insulation as well as continued impressions. [MENTION=10746]redtrack[/MENTION] any way you can reload you pics to a different host?
Sponsored