Sponsored

Injen CAI

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like this intake and considered it last year. But I went with the Airaid instead. It is nice to see different, less popular, products get some air time. It gets boring when everyone runs the same brand. I mainly like this one because of the looks, the indicator, and the fact that it is a box style CAI like mine. I tried many open filter style intakes and I'll never do it again, lol. Good luck with it and enjoy it!!
That's a really nice intake. I actually told myself I wasn't going to bother getting one but this one has such a nice OEM fit i'm sitting here considering it... I prefer a closed box and didn't really care for the looks of the Airaid personally.
I'm running an airaid right now, actually. No complaints. Had the PMAS before that too, and there were definitely up sides and down sides to it for sure. (my main gripe was the serious heat soak unless car was moving at a rapid pace). I'm mainly just bored and doing relatively easy modifications without changing anything drastically or permanently.

Biggest selling point for me on the injen was the OEM looks and clever design. This is probably as close as you can get to OEM looking.
Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I'm running an airaid right now, actually. No complaints. Had the PMAS before that too, and there were definitely up sides and down sides to it for sure. (my main gripe was the serious heat soak unless car was moving at a rapid pace). I'm mainly just bored and doing relatively easy modifications without changing anything drastically or permanently.

Biggest selling point for me on the injen was the OEM looks and clever design. This is probably as close as you can get to OEM looking.
Do the intake temps remain the same as with the stock airbox?

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the airaid?
I haven't received the Injen yet, it's in the mail.

But yes they are much better with the airaid than the PMAS, and about what stock was.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yes it's about the same as the stock box. If it heat soaks, it takes a while to come back down. You won't see the radical spike in IAT's in traffic like an open filter but it takes several miles of steady driving to get it back down if it creeps up to 125 degrees on a summer day.

The only downside I can see in the design is the airflow has to make a 90 degree turn at the filter. The Injen filter is huge and the box stays stuffed with air when driving so I don't think it's a huge loss. The air inlet in the fender is much thicker and stronger than the stock inlet. I think PMAS said the stock inlet can collapse at WOT and cause restriction.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Pretty much the same. In fact I haven't noticed any difference. On really hot days it'll heat soak. But the stock box will heat soak as well. The difference is that a boxed design intake will heat soak about the same as the stock box while an open filter design will heat soak much much faster and higher. I had an open filter style and on a cool 70 degree day my IATs were in the 120s. It took about 20 minutes of driving at 70-80 MPH before it cooled down to about 15 above ambient. Soon as I got home I took it off and put the Airraid back on. I do miss that little whistling sound, but I'd rather have lower IATs.

Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone know if AED or Livernois have baseline tunes for the Injen intake?

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase

As long as a tuner knows the tubing size at the MAF, they will be able to develop a tune for you. That's basic 101 stuff for them. As for this intake, it's 86.5mm stock. If you cut the reducer out, it's 106.6mm.

Last edited:

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just submitted revision ticket with Lund, and will definitely be comparing logs between the two intakes just like GTBOB did.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really did like this intake. Fit and finish is nice. MAF flow rates with the reducer cut out was equal to a JLT. Some people question how the air takes a couple of turns prior to it getting into the main tube but that is not an issue at all.

5cent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt shadow black
I really did like this intake. Fit and finish is nice. MAF flow rates with the reducer cut out was equal to a JLT. Some people question how the air takes a couple of turns prior to it getting into the main tube but that is not an issue at all.
Did you have any drivability issues? I'm thinking about cutting mine and adding a gt350 throttle body and 47lb injectors.

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not at all. LUND tuned. Ran 11.70s at 119mph with it.

5cent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
You feel that the bigger tube helped?

5cent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
Ok I just cut it out and uploaded my 106mm flex fuel tune and it's definitely different. Idk it it's the more air or the tune but it pulls great and feels very smooth.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
What my understanding is that if its a no tune intake, they will send you the stock airbox calibrated tune. Doesn't matter what no tune intake you use. Stock maf housing diameter is the same as the no tune intake therefore tuner does not need to change the stock maf calibration!

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
What my understanding is that if its a no tune intake, they will send you the stock airbox calibrated tune. Doesn't matter what no tune intake you use. Stock maf housing diameter is the same as the no tune intake therefore tuner does not need to change the stock maf calibration!
I was referring to tuning the Injen intake with the insert removed. My bad, I should have elaborated on that in my first post. So as long as the tuner knows the diameter of the intake, I guess you're good for a baseline.
Sponsored