Mustang GT Injen CAI!

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
It's a pretty good design, and uses a true cold air style design. I have been contemplating getting a CAI, and this is near the top of my list given the design, and the previous good luck with Injen on my previous import cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Those whp claims are BS!
Definitely BS! But for the tune applications and future modes, the design is a killer true cold air intake design. Couple this with a big mouth intake snorkel then you are golden.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Definitely BS! But for the tune applications and future modes, the design is a killer true cold air intake design. Couple this with a big mouth intake snorkel then you are golden.
If you're gonna get a tune, why not get a CAI with a bigger MAF diameter?

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic
I hope they make it CARB approved, I like the stock-ish look.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I actually want to slap a lid on my JLT intake and combine that with the intake snorkel. That would be an awesome combo!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
If you're gonna get a tune, why not get a CAI with a bigger MAF diameter?
Cause it looks like the bigger maf diameter does nothing because the throttle body reduces it anyways, you go with bigger throttle body then the intake manifold becomes your problem, then you change the intake manifold, the intake manifold restricts you there, you go with a supercharger, supercharher heat soaks then you are back at the starting line! List goes on and on! I m not even including headers and a 3 inch setup! What comes in needs to come out as well:thumbsup:

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Cause it looks like the bigger maf diameter does nothing because the throttle body reduces it anyways, you go with bigger throttle body then the intake manifold becomes your problem, then you change the intake manifold, the intake manifold restricts you there, you go with a supercharger, supercharher heat soaks then you are back at the starting line! List goes on and on! I m not even including headers and a 3 inch setup! What comes in needs to come out as well:thumbsup:
So what's the point of even doing a CAI if there's no restriction? Just trying to understand your logic...

Yeah those damn superchargers creating all that heat are a complete waste of time. Especially when the tb will probably just choke it anyways...lol

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
So what's the point of even doing a CAI if there's no restriction? Just trying to understand your logic...

Yeah those damn superchargers creating all that heat are a complete waste of time. Especially when the tb will probably just choke it anyways...lol
There will always be something, just squeeze as much as you can! Considering the stock air intake, this one seems to be a great alternative. I don't think you will loose anything, no heat soak no nothing. It will look good under the hood and maybe gives you some extra hp and torque, but not much. Its your money, spend it wisely.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I replaced my ugly Airaid logo with a ford gel logo for $10. Still have an extra emblem too since the package came with two of them.
Where did you get those? The ones on ebay look different.

5cent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt shadow black
I have had this intake for about a month now and I like it. Looks good and has a great design. I just drilled out the honeycombs on the intake side. Looks like the intake tube gos all the way to the grill. And I can see my filter for the holes.

Sponsored

5cent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I have had this intake for about a month now and I like it. Looks good and has a great design. I just drilled out the honeycombs on the intake side. Looks like the intake tube gos all the way to the grill. And I can see my filter for the holes.
How is the sound, the growl? Any whistle?

5cent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I'm not for sure my exhaust is too loud to tell . lol

Whtvans550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Anyone one done testing on it? Track or dyno I know American muscle did and said they gained good numbers of course with a tune. There video shows them making more then a jlt/tune combo
Sponsored