If you never had

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
If you never had someone to go cruising with or no car meets to go to would you still mod your car knowing that you don’t have some place to show it off or tell what you done to it.
Oh yeah definitely ☺ It's for my enjoyment anyway. I don't need to tell Joe and Marie in person what I did to my car. Or show it off. That's what this forum is for, "What did you do to your S550 today"😍
Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Without a doubt I’d still mod my car. Hell I’ve spent thousands on parts alone and you can’t even see 75% of them.

I go to meets to see cars that I can’t afford

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I like to go to car meets for the old cars. But, there isn't much to see with new cars. Any mods you made are usually not visible or don't really impress much.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I used to go to car meets back in Cali and NC with my ex. We would take his 442 olds to every meet we could. Classics are more enjoyable than modern cars. You see the same shit over and over again. But classic cars never gets boring.

I was having a ball driving that car one time in Cali without the hood on because I had broken the fiber glass hood and latches when he was overseas. Don't ask how I did it ... the way that car sounded was like 😳😍🥰🤯🤪🤩😈 my goodness.

Sponsored

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I guess you could always post pics and brag about it on the forums lol. If people ask about my car I just say intake/exhaust. I've been to car meets lately and its mostly people bragging about their cars and mods they haven't bought yet. If I had to pick between being out driving my car or sitting in a parking lot with a bunch of stanced cars i'l always pick driving.

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
I do not go to car meets. I do not go cruising with others. Whatever mods I do to my car are 100% for my enjoyment. Mostly cosmetic mods. When I am walking towards the car they put a smile on my face. I have never given a damn what others thought of my car or mods.

Don

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Considering I don’t give a shit what people think of my modifications or if people know I have them… Yes, I like modding stuff for me not anyone else.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
For car enthusiasts, their car is an extension of themselves, not someone else!

For car enthusiasts, their car is how they express themselves!

Or... they could just like punching the skinny pedal and going fast. That works too! :giggle:

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
If you never had someone to go cruising with or no car meets to go to would you still mod your car knowing that you don’t have some place to show it off or tell what you done to it.
Of course, I would. I'm not doing it for others, I'm doing it for me.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
My Mustang isn't modded at all and will likely stay that way unless I do something for my comfort or convenience. That said, I don't really think it's weird or shallow to get some joy out of showing off your work to others. Sure, you could take it too far (just like anything else), but if a dude enjoys bolting on some parts and getting some comments or thumbs-up at a car show, I say "rock on".

People gotta' find the joy.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Would anyone really admit they were such an attention whore that they would mod their car just to show off? Sure, it does happen, but those types tend to not like negative attention...

Was thinking of hitting up a Mustang only car show this weekend but it is going to be a billion degrees outside.

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
Yes, I mod the car for me and the autocross track.

For the longest time I didn't take the Mustang to car club events. I had a 1991 R32 Skyline, and I would take it to club events. Which it would always draw huge crowds. "OMG is that a R32?" But like the Mustang the mods to it were for me, not to please others.
Sponsored