Idiot-proofing not enough for sufficiently clever idiots

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
From the "save me from myself" department: was sitting at a light, first in line on an uphill stop. Mindlessly dinking around with the reverse lockout collar as I do when I'm bored, waiting for traffic. Light turns green, I put it in reverse. Figured it out pretty quicklike, but the guy behind me must have gotten a little worried. Maybe the hillholder saved me... jammed it up in first, and off I go. Now I need to train myself to leave that collar the heck alone...
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Or picking exactly the wrong time to nail the gas... while the rear tires are crossing over a small, seemingly insignificant puddle of water.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Mindless dinks are road hazards...
:cwl:
:beer:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Sometimes I do that when I notice the person behind me has their face buried in their phone. Easy to tell at night when their face is glowing. Scared one person well enough to toss her phone into the backseat! :cwl:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
From the "save me from myself" department: was sitting at a light, first in line on an uphill stop. Mindlessly dinking around with the reverse lockout collar as I do when I'm bored, waiting for traffic. Light turns green, I put it in reverse. Figured it out pretty quicklike, but the guy behind me must have gotten a little worried. Maybe the hillholder saved me... jammed it up in first, and off I go. Now I need to train myself to leave that collar the heck alone...
I am finding myself doing the same thing and have actually thought "I'm gonna accidentally put it in R one day."

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
Haha; I almost did this pulling out from parking at work one day, I usually park heading out. What saved me were the backup warning noises.
Sponsored