Status
Not open for further replies.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Ironically, the average American has not read the Declaration of Independence critically. Nevertheless, the average American's civic values are grounded by the Declaration. Critique the rationality of Americans' foundational beliefs as one will, the Declaration's influence cannot be discounted. It is the timeless bedrock of the American citizenry. Should it be? Irrelevant question, for it is...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Declaration-of-Independence/Text-of-the-Declaration-of-Independence
The Constitution is the law of the land, I have a Constitutional right (5th Amendment) to private property. By denying me access to my property the governor was denying me my rights according to the 5th amendment to the Constitution. Ironically enough, even thought the gov kept restrictions in place she is now allowing access to private property along with many other ridiculous things she had in place being withdrawn from her over reaching executive proclamation.

Edit: And I have read the DOI, in fact in high school we were required to memorize and recite the Preamble to DOI, thr Gettysberg address and a few other founding documents. In fact, I was involved in a project in 8th grade to install plaques of most of our founding documents in my local school, which I am hopeful are still there, including the quote by General Anthoney McAuliffe in the Battle of the Bulge, who can guess this one without looking it up?
Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
In that I'm case proud to be a free speaking turd and will continue to irritate you.
This should be your new signature.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
including the quote by General Anthoney McAuliffe in the Battle of the Bulge, who can guess this one without looking it up?
I don't google answers to pretend I know something. I am a World War 2 history buff at heart hence why I'll take a stab at it. I'm pretty sure he was the guy who replied "nuts" when asked to surrender by the Germans?

Last edited:

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
The Constitution is the law of the land, I have a Constitutional right (5th Amendment) to private property. By denying me access to my property the governor was denying me my rights according to the 5th amendment to the Constitution. Ironically enough, even thought the gov kept restrictions in place she is now allowing access to private property along with many other ridiculous things she had in place being withdrawn from her over reaching executive proclamation.

Edit: And I have read the DOI, in fact in high school we were required to memorize and recite the Preamble to DOI, thr Gettysberg address and a few other founding documents. In fact, I was involved in a project in 8th grade to install plaques of most of our founding documents in my local school, which I am hopeful are still there, including the quote by General Anthoney McAuliffe in the Battle of the Bulge, who can guess this one without looking it up?
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

"This is not a new principle. A few years after the end of the Revolutionary War, Philadelphia was isolated to control the spread of yellow fever. By the time the Constitution was drafted and approved, quarantine was already a well-established form of public health regulation. States, as part of their police power, were deemed to have the authority to order quarantines to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. In 1926, the Supreme Court wrote: “it is well settled that a state, in the exercise of its police power, may establish quarantines against human beings, or animals, or plants."

This has been argued before you do not have a leg to stand on when it is deemed public safety necessity.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
...including the quote by General Anthoney McAuliffe in the Battle of the Bulge, who can guess this one without looking it up?
"Nuts!" No, did not look it up.

Edit: Point about The Declaration is that it's relevant to the discussion/argument.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

"This is not a new principle. A few years after the end of the Revolutionary War, Philadelphia was isolated to control the spread of yellow fever. By the time the Constitution was drafted and approved, quarantine was already a well-established form of public health regulation. States, as part of their police power, were deemed to have the authority to order quarantines to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. In 1926, the Supreme Court wrote: “it is well settled that a state, in the exercise of its police power, may establish quarantines against human beings, or animals, or plants."

This has been argued before you do not have a leg to stand on when it is deemed public safety necessity.
This has to be true otherwise what function does the government have if every time they try and impose a control to benefit the population as a whole, people argue that their rights are being offended and ignore it. There would be no point having a government - just every person for themselves.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I didn't read about anyone getting shot, who is being dramatic now. Not allowing me to travel to my private property (where my mustangs are) is wrong.
Not if it is justified it isn't. It is entirely correct that a government can restrict your behaviour to benefit the majority.

Ref shooting - I was referring to the armed protesters who didn't shoot anybody, but were intimidating people with the bearing of arms. The medics in the street were making a very powerful statement (to the irritation of the gun bearers with the look of it) without themselves carrying guns. You don't need guns to protest if you are not trying to intimidate by their presence. What function did those guns provide at the protest ? Does it make the protest any more valid ? The doctors obviously didn't feel the need to bear arms to make their point.

I'm NOT challenging the right to bear arms - Just what is relevant to the protest? It is like taking those golf clubs to the protest, you wouldn't do it because it isn't relevant.

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A great many Americans carry concealed pistols with them every day and it has only served to make us safer.
Safer? By what metric? Have you even looked at the stats from other countries?
I’ll put it very simply. Your average Australian isn’t concerned that their child might be killed by gunfire whilst at school or that they themselves might be shot by anyone at any time.

Australian’s consider health-care to be a right, gun ownership a privilege. You guys seem do it the other way around.
Not telling you how to run your country, but rather to consider what it actually looks like from the outsiders perspective.
Also, if you guys think for one second that the rest of the world would sit by and watch the US government oppress it’s people to the point that the citizens feel the need to protect themselves from it, you’re horribly, horribly mistaken.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Safer? By what metric? Have you even looked at the stats from other countries?
I’ll put it very simply. Your average Australian isn’t concerned that their child might be killed by gunfire whilst at school or that they themselves might be shot by anyone at any time.
That only occurs in liberal cities, places where liberals are in control of everything, do the research. Ever wonder why?

Australian’s consider health-care to be a right, gun ownership a privilege. You guys seem do it the other way around.
Not telling you how to run your country, but rather to consider what it actually looks like from the outsiders perspective.
It may look that way to an outsider but that is by design. Turn off CNN.

Also, if you guys think for one second that the rest of the world would sit by and watch the US government oppress it’s people to the point that the citizens feel the need to protect themselves from it, you’re horribly, horribly mistaken.
And just exactly what would you guys do about it?

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not if it is justified it isn't. It is entirely correct that a government can restrict your behaviour to benefit the majority.

Ref shooting - I was referring to the armed protesters who didn't shoot anybody, but were intimidating people with the bearing of arms. The medics in the street were making a very powerful statement (to the irritation of the gun bearers with the look of it) without themselves carrying guns. You don't need guns to protest if you are not trying to intimidate by their presence. What function did those guns provide at the protest ? Does it make the protest any more valid ? The doctors obviously didn't feel the need to bear arms to make their point.

I'm NOT challenging the right to bear arms - Just what is relevant to the protest? It is like taking those golf clubs to the protest, you wouldn't do it because it isn't relevant.
It seemed to have worked, Whitmer backed off considerably, was caught in a huge deceit and will be lucky if she keeps her job. The Federal Constitution trumps state law, it is the law of the land. They can issue all the fines and tickets they want but they haven't collected yet. Wait until the constitutionality is challenged in Federal Court, you don't think Trump and McConnell have been placing constitutionalist federal judges in place as fast as they can find them because they have commission based pay do you?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
It seemed to have worked, Whitmer backed off considerably, was caught in a huge deceit and will be lucky if she keeps her job. The Federal Constitution trumps state law, it is the law of the land. They can issue all the fines and tickets they want but they haven't collected yet. Wait until the constitutionality is challenged in Federal Court, you don't think Trump and McConnell have been placing constitutionalist federal judges in place as fast as they can find them because they have commission based pay do you?
Or even Republican Judges - the independence of the US judiciary would concern me since DT has been influencing things.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.