Status
Not open for further replies.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Unlikely

Nobody in the UK takes the Donald seriously
Just like we don't take anything from your little country seriously.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If they were protecting our freedom, there would be no problem. If our problems can't be solved at the ballot box then God forbid they will be by the ammo box. Maybe someday you will understand, but probably not. If you are happy being a subject to your government that is just fine, but don't think for a minute we are.
So effectively you will abide by laws unless you don't agree with them - anarchy not freedom.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Doc, our Constitution work both ways. It also limits individual rights and allows our government to take action when necessary. You only want to see one side when it is in your best interests. But heaven help someone, individual or governing body, that does something you do not like, it's off with their heads. You want it both ways and you know you can't have it both ways. That has to really piss you off.

Our government does protect the "people". You just do not believe that they are protecting you. Not all of our problems can be solved at the ballot box. A lot goes on in between elections that needs to be looked at and addressed. And your ammo box statement is why many overseas see us as the total fools (not you specifically, just the comment in general). Do you really think we are the only democracy on the planet? The only ones with a constitution. We are but only country on this planet, not the only one.

Just more ultra right wing BS. Did you see that the president is most likely going to extend his rules until the summer? Let's see these same morons go protest at the White House.
Thanks for the summary - I did think most law abiding US citizens work by the same principles as we do in the UK (in fact I know all of my US friends do) I also realise the 'Doc' is a bit of a cowboy (he names himself after one after all) and doesn't represent the US in general.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Corrected..............
Nobody anywhere takes the Donald seriously
I felt really sorry for the doctor who was there in his press conference. Agree with the Donald and her career is over, disagree with him and her career is over (via Twitter later)

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My responses have little to do with whats happening here and more to do with a certain British turd that thinks he is better than everyone else.
He doesn't think he is better than anyone else. He just thinks. And just because he does and he is not from this side of the pond, you disparage him. And people wonder where we got the label "ugly Americans" from.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks for the summary - I did think most law abiding US citizens work by the same principles as we go in the UK (in fact I know all of my US friends do) I also realise the 'Doc' is a bit of a cowboy (he names himself after one after all) and doesn't represent the US in general.
Doc is a good guy who his his own belief system and opinions. We strongly disagree on many topics which is why we have so much fun on here.

But here's one thing we definitely agree on.........

D5P3VMqU4AEZwHK.jpg

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
So effectively you will abide by laws unless you don't agree with them - anarchy not freedom.
I will abide by the laws as long as they don't run counter to our Constitution.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Here's the deal Greg. You are assuming your ancestors were good people when they fought against a repressive government.

And then you are assuming that I am evil and would fight against government for no good reason.

Do you think that's fair? Have I said that I'm going to attack the government for no reason? Have I encouraged someone else to do that? Absolutely not. But if some wannabe Castro comes to power in the US and starts killing or imprisoning American citizens for nothing more than disagreeing, I really hope I have the guts to stand up and do what's right.
My ancestors were fighting against a self appointed dictator rather than a democratically elected government. Are you questioning the democratic legitimacy of the US government ? DT may be a bit of a twit but he was democratically elected.

It is you that is saying bearing arms against the government is acceptable for a reason that you consider worthwhile. So that must mean bearing arms against the government's representatives is acceptable, Police, the Feds, the Army - I don't think that is what you mean - or at least I hope not for your sake !

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I will abide by the laws as long as they don't run counter to our Constitution.
And you are Judge and Jury on that I assume

You don't choose which laws to obey, if you don't like them you can campaign to change them - which in a democratic country like yours is done through the ballot box and peaceful representation (such as demonstrated by he doctor the other day)

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And you are Judge and Jury on that I assume

You don't choose which laws to obey, if you don't like them you can campaign to change them - which in a democratic country like yours is done through the ballot box and peaceful representation (such as demonstrated by he doctor the other day)
The Constitution is the jury, the judiciary is the judge. The second amendment protects them both from the mob. You can live on your knees if you want, I for one will not.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He doesn't think he is better than anyone else. He just thinks. And just because he does and he is not from this side of the pond, you disparage him. And people wonder where we got the label "ugly Americans" from.
All I have ever asked for was some civility from our resident alien, I don't slur his politicians just him when he slurs our country. Like I told him, I can explain it to him but I can never make him understand. You would think that someone who comes from a country that has caused as much grief and suffering would be a little more civil, they are supposed to be cultured over there.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
The Constitution is the jury, the judiciary is the judge. The second amendment protects them both from the mob. You can live on your knees if you want, I for one will not.
You really don't get it do you - my knees are fine and I happily respect my democratic government - it is you that is constantly moaning about your freedoms and your own tyrannical government that isn't doing what the Doc wants, a government that was elected by you (assuming you voted).

I'm not a turd by the way !

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.