I like COVID 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
How pompous and self opinionated you are. I am not living in a country that is occupied or threatened by a dictator and what you suggest is deeply insulting to my family members who died in both wars fighting to enable me to live in a free world. I value their contribution, not your silly willy waving psuedo freedom fighting rubbish
So it's ok for your ancestors to have used weapons to defend their (and your) freedom, but you are questioning why anyone else in another country would want to do the same? I see a logical conflict here. Please try to leave the emotions behind and explain to me the difference.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
So it's ok for your ancestors to have used weapons to defend their (and your) freedom, but you are questioning why anyone else in another country would want to do the same? I see a logical conflict here. Please try to leave the emotions behind and explain to me the difference.
Because your democratically elected government is there to protect your freedom and those of all the citizens of your country.

You are the one suggesting bearing arms against your government to protect what you consider your freedom at the expense of others.

Big difference.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Once again. Your democratically elected government applying legal controls to safeguard the majority. If you intend using arms to prevent your government from it's democratically elected duty, it is you that is the danger. It is your actions that threaten the freedom and rights of the majority. You are not defending anything, you are threatening it. Respect your democratically elected government.
You are mistaken, we have a Constitution that is chock full of individual rights and limits on our government. The First and Second Amendment, along with the rest are safeguards to make sure that our "democratically" elected officials and their un elected bureaucrats don't overstep their bounds as is the case in Michigan right now. If you were really a free person you would understand. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52407177

You just know some moron is going to follow the advice of Trump and drink some disinfectant. I was going to say 'what was he thinking saying something like that at a press conference?' but maybe I have answered my own question !

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what." I can think of a few things that 'you-know-what' could be.
Probably some moron from GB......

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Because your democratically elected government is there to protect your freedom and those of all the citizens of your country.

You are the one suggesting bearing arms against your government to protect what you consider your freedom at the expense of others.

Big difference.
If they were protecting our freedom, there would be no problem. If our problems can't be solved at the ballot box then God forbid they will be by the ammo box. Maybe someday you will understand, but probably not. If you are happy being a subject to your government that is just fine, but don't think for a minute we are.

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Most US states are nowhere near NY so far and much earlier in the curve, hence at much higher risk currently to explosive spread as most of the population is naĂŻve still.
Most states and areas of the US aren't as congested and dirty as NYC. That is their problem.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mi...her-home-as-lawmakers-mull-curbing-her-powers

See, our elected officials are listening and starting to fix the problem. Just needed a little reminder as to who is in charge. And guess what, nobody got hurt. Another plus, I bet there was 0 crime or violence in that area that day either. A great many Americans carry concealed pistols with them every day and it has only served to make us safer.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You are mistaken, we have a Constitution that is chock full of individual rights and limits on our government. The First and Second Amendment, along with the rest are safeguards to make sure that our "democratically" elected officials and their un elected bureaucrats don't overstep their bounds as is the case in Michigan right now. If you were really a free person you would understand. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
Doc, our Constitution work both ways. It also limits individual rights and allows our government to take action when necessary. You only want to see one side when it is in your best interests. But heaven help someone, individual or governing body, that does something you do not like, it's off with their heads. You want it both ways and you know you can't have it both ways. That has to really piss you off.

If they were protecting our freedom, there would be no problem. If our problems can't be solved at the ballot box then God forbid they will be by the ammo box. Maybe someday you will understand, but probably not. If you are happy being a subject to your government that is just fine, but don't think for a minute we are.
Our government does protect the "people". You just do not believe that they are protecting you. Not all of our problems can be solved at the ballot box. A lot goes on in between elections that needs to be looked at and addressed. And your ammo box statement is why many overseas see us as the total fools (not you specifically, just the comment in general). Do you really think we are the only democracy on the planet? The only ones with a constitution. We are but only country on this planet, not the only one.

See, our elected officials are listening and starting to fix the problem. Just needed a little reminder as to who is in charge. And guess what, nobody got hurt. Another plus, I bet there was 0 crime or violence in that area that day either. A great many Americans carry concealed pistols with them every day and it has only served to make us safer.
Just more ultra right wing BS. Did you see that the president is most likely going to extend his rules until the summer? Let's see these same morons go protest at the White House.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Big difference.
Here's the deal Greg. You are assuming your ancestors were good people when they fought against a repressive government.

And then you are assuming that I am evil and would fight against government for no good reason.

Do you think that's fair? Have I said that I'm going to attack the government for no reason? Have I encouraged someone else to do that? Absolutely not. But if some wannabe Castro comes to power in the US and starts killing or imprisoning American citizens for nothing more than disagreeing, I really hope I have the guts to stand up and do what's right.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just more ultra right wing BS. Did you see that the president is most likely going to extend his rules until the summer? Let's see these same morons go protest at the White House.
I think you mean "recommendations" not rules. I got the impression Trump is recommending that restrictions continue to be loosened.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
But if some wannabe Castro comes to power in the US and starts killing or imprisoning American citizens for nothing more than disagreeing, I really hope I have the guts to stand up and do what's right.
Hack, I admire your ability to infer something without actually saying it. Maybe you should run for office. :like: So do you have anyone in mind as a "wannabe Castro"? Just wondering. :)

All kidding aside, if this scenario would actually come to fruition, there would be a lot of Americans lining up right behind you. Including me.:rockon::fistbump:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I think you mean "recommendations" not rules. I got the impression Trump is recommending that restrictions continue to be loosened.
Potatoe, Potato, he's the freakin' President of the United States. He doesn't recommend anything. He dictates. But he does it by inference. He doesn't really come right out and say anything but everyone knows what he means. The fact that the words come out of his mouth hold meaning for some people who believe whatever he says. When a major American company actually has to issue a press release to tell people not to drink their product, that has to tell you something.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Doc, our Constitution work both ways. It also limits individual rights and allows our government to take action when necessary. You only want to see one side when it is in your best interests. But heaven help someone, individual or governing body, that does something you do not like, it's off with their heads. You want it both ways and you know you can't have it both ways. That has to really piss you off.
It doesn't work both ways, it is all about personal freedoms and limits on governments.

Our government does protect the "people". You just do not believe that they are protecting you. Not all of our problems can be solved at the ballot box. A lot goes on in between elections that needs to be looked at and addressed. And your ammo box statement is why many overseas see us as the total fools (not you specifically, just the comment in general). Do you really think we are the only democracy on the planet? The only ones with a constitution. We are but only country on this planet, not the only one.
Maybe it's just my age, I am not ready to be shepherded into train cars and sent to slaughter. Q. We may be just one country but thats all I concern myself with, I don't have any opinion on the governance of other countries, nor do I try and ridicule other people's leaders. I guess I have more civility than that.

Do you hear me calling people from SC morons, no. Why would I ? If you are happy with your rights, so be it. If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home form us in peace. You can look up the rest.

My responses have little to do with whats happening here and more to do with a certain British turd that thinks he is better than everyone else.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Potatoe, Potato, he's the freakin' President of the United States. He doesn't recommend anything. He dictates. But he does it by inference. He doesn't really come right out and say anything but everyone knows what he means. The fact that the words come out of his mouth hold meaning for some people who believe whatever he says. When a major American company actually has to issue a press release to tell people not to drink their product, that has to tell you something.
it tells me the press in this country like to twist every little thing he says into something it was not meant to be. Q.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.