jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
All I am saying is :

A) It appears to be a very easy place to dent and
B) IMHO its a very strange place to pick up parking lot damage.

No offence was meant by my post :like:

WD :like:
I’ve seen people constantly get out their car at the gym with their hands full and drop stuff. I’ve also seen people set their stuff down on other peoples cars before without a care in the world.

I get what you mean but come on, lol. I like to thinK the majority of us here take pristine care of our stuff, especially our cars. At least I do because it ain’t cheap lol.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just a thought before blaming other folk, have you guys ever put any force on the top of the fender in that area ? It appears that area deforms very easily, @Kristian87 managed to dint his in a very similar way :
Yep, lean on it a lil too hard and the panel will pop in and leave a dent/crease. I learn't that the hard way. PDR sorted it out, and as it was self inflicted I was happy to pay the fee. But I'd be pissed if a randomer had passed by and left a dent, even if by accident.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ouch, I feel you man. This is exactly why I have an old beater for grocery/gym/errand runs. Taking my car to those places and leaving it alone around the general public gives me anxiety. I have no faith in humanity anymore, lmao.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ouch, I feel you man. This is exactly why I have an old beater for grocery/gym/errand runs. Taking my car to those places and leaving it alone around the general public gives me anxiety. I have no faith in humanity anymore, lmao.
Yeah, I’m looking into getting a new used Honda Civic sport 4 door for my daily errands. They aren’t horrible looking cars lol.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, I’m looking into getting a new used Honda Civic sport 4 door for my daily errands. They aren’t horrible looking cars lol.
I definitely recommend it. Reliable, and you don't have to care that much. Park right up front at the grocery store, slam doors, wash it once a month, the works. It's pretty freeing, lol. That's the only downside of having something nice, there's inherent stress in keeping it nice (unless you're absolutely loaded).

Sponsored

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I definitely recommend it. Reliable, and you don't have to care that much. Park right up front at the grocery store, slam doors, wash it once a month, the works. It's pretty freeing, lol. That's the only downside of having something nice, there's inherent stress in keeping it nice (unless you're absolutely loaded).
Not quite there yet, lol. Honestly almost died 4 years ago from a gangrenous gallbladder that scans didn’t pick up. I’ve had 7 surgeries since, the last a gastric bypass to fix GI issues and over $60k spent for surgeries insurance wouldn’t cover. Glad to not be disabled but that’s why I was so heated to see that dent. Worked my ass off to get back and be able to afford something nice and then of course, people lol.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Not quite there yet, lol. Honestly almost died 4 years ago from a gangrenous gallbladder that scans didn’t pick up. I’ve had 7 surgeries since, the last a gastric bypass to fix GI issues and over $60k spent for surgeries insurance wouldn’t cover. Glad to not be disabled but that’s why I was so heated to see that dent. Worked my ass off to get back and be able to afford something nice and then of course, people lol.
Damn, that's intense. Glad you made it through. But I totally understand your frustration. First week after I bought mine new, door ding and paint chip. Definitely intentional too.

Worst part about life is by far the other shitters you have to coexist with....

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
View attachment 686554

I think most people see their cars as a utility (no pun intended). It's as useful as the vacuum cleaner is to them. They probably think everyone believes the same as they do with their car. They haven't owned and probably won't, for whatever reason, a nice ride.

The majority of my neighbors are subscribers to car washes. They don't wash their own cars and are probably not aware of or care about blemishes, dings and dents that might exist.

If I do park anywhere, with Skye or my truck, I always make a point to be in an outer area, well thinned-out, to help prevent such issues. I've noticed several others routinely do same.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
View attachment 686554

I think most people see their cars as a utility (no pun intended). It's as useful as the vacuum cleaner is to them. They probably think everyone believes the same as they do with their car. They haven't owned and probably won't, for whatever reason, a nice ride.

The majority of my neighbors are subscribers to car washes. They don't wash their own cars and are probably not aware of or care about blemishes, dings and dents that might exist.

If I do park anywhere, with Skye or my truck, I always make a point to be in an outer area, well thinned-out, to help prevent such issues. I've noticed several others routinely do same.
I try to do that as frequently as possible. But I always find that some teen in a shit box or d bag in a lifted truck always seem to park next to me when there are plenty of spaces around. Now occasionally, I get the other car guy who takes care of their stuff parking next to me or at least a space over. Just overpopulation in the area I’m afraid.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
But I always find that some teen in a shit box or d bag in a lifted truck always seem to park next to me when there are plenty of spaces around.
I know, right? Just like bathrooms. Can be 20 stalls and they take the one right next to you.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Couple years ago some goof put he kid on the hood off my car too take a pic. Left a dent. Normally I woulda verbally raped him but the kid was obviously challenged. So I had to bite my tongue. Cost 75 to remove the dent. But damn it was like it was never there.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple years ago some goof put he kid on the hood off my car too take a pic. Left a dent. Normally I woulda verbally raped him but the kid was obviously challenged. So I had to bite my tongue. Cost 75 to remove the dent. But damn it was like it was never there.
You had more restraint than I probably would’ve, lol. Obviously the dad wasn’t playing with a full deck either for doing that shit.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Remember this? Parenting at it's finest. What you are taught, or not, as a child, usually carries over to adulthood.

Sponsored