HPFP line

Chicken hawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp
Has anyone reused the high psi fuel line on a gen 3 or did you have to replace it per ford ?
Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I replaced the line. I was going to re-use, because it's a hard line that had 47k miles on it. What, realistically could go bad? But my buddy who does a lot if work on 6.0 diesels said "Replace the line. They call for it to be replaced. You spent all this money on building this engine. Don't go cheap on stupid stuff like this." So I took his advice. I think the line was about $130, if I recall correctly. He's right. They say replace it. Replace it. Don't mess up a build like this. It's just not worth it.

OP
OP
Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp
Yeah that is absolutely right. The line Iā€™m looking at is $19 so it would be foolish of me to ignore it. Not sure if this is the same line you were lookin at replacing but here is the pic

IMG_2612.jpeg

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I replaced the line. I was going to re-use, because it's a hard line that had 47k miles on it. What, realistically could go bad? But my buddy who does a lot if work on 6.0 diesels said "Replace the line. They call for it to be replaced. You spent all this money on building this engine. Don't go cheap on stupid stuff like this." So I took his advice. I think the line was about $130, if I recall correctly. He's right. They say replace it. Replace it. Don't mess up a build like this. It's just not worth it.
Good advice. Very similar to the whole "while you're in there" school of thought.
Do it right the first time and you won't regret it later.
A fuel line, while it seems like it should be reusable, could cause catastrophic damage if it failed.

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Plus where it is, if it were to fail, the supercharger has to come off to get to it. Not a terrible procedure, but not something I want to do because of my own stupidity. Been there done that. Don't want to do it again.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Has anyone reused the high psi fuel line on a gen 3 or did you have to replace it per ford ?
I re-used it. no leaks. My car only had maybe 2000 miles on it when I removed the valve covers to do the crank sprocket/OPG's. less is more when torquing these lines down. Use this šŸ‘‡torque sequence when re-installing it. For sure, if you damage the flare on either end (even a little scratch) replace it.

1713289373505-eo.png

OP
OP
Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt pp
I appreciate yā€™allā€™s advice very much. I too am doing oil pump gears and crank sprocket on this car and only have 5k miles on it. I bought the line and am going to install per work shop manual. Also installing super charger so last thing I want is fuel lines leaking. To much invested lol
Sponsored