Line Lock

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So my dodge had a similar feature along with launch control.

seems the Ford only has line lock and no launch control is that correct?

I haven’t experimented with the feature yet however I had a couple questions.

At what mileage does this feature unlock on the car?
Does this have to be activated in a specific drive mode or does normal work just fine? I’ve heard some people say you have to be in sport/track/drag... which I’m going to refer back to the manual because drag and track seem like they preform pretty close to the same way...

Guess once it’s time to play I have to see if I can get good at rolling out of it.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
No it has launch control, track mode if you're driving a 2020

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Launch control for manuals as well I believe.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Performance Package cars get both.

The launch control for a stick car lets you preset the launch RPM (like a two step limiter) up to 4500 RPM (may be higher on newer model years). Set the RPM, apply full throttle and step off the clutch.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Ok I’ll look into this once the rain dries up. Didn’t realize it has launch control though. I also play to see if the mode needs to be change. Mine is a 2019.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok I’ll look into this once the rain dries up. Didn’t realize it has launch control though. I also play to see if the mode needs to be change. Mine is a 2019.
Traction has to be totally disabled to use line lock or launch control. Hold the traction control button for 6-8 seconds to turn totally off.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Traction has to be totally disabled to use line lock or launch control. Hold the traction control button for 6-8 seconds to turn totally off.
mine I just flip the switch I tried to hold got not different result.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Performance Package cars get both.

The launch control for a stick car lets you preset the launch RPM (like a two step limiter) up to 4500 RPM (may be higher on newer model years). Set the RPM, apply full throttle and step off the clutch.
My non PP car has both apparently, I checked today. Pretty nice, not gonna lie.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Played around with the Line Lock after a couple failed attempts. I think it might been a bit easier in my dodge and they don’t give you the silly 15 second time clock... (are you burning out for fun or to heat the tires..)
So holding the ok button I have that mastered. I realized there’s no launch control on the A10s as I was told read it isn’t needed if you put the car in Drag Mode it’ll launch fine... haven’t tried it.

I also realized you can turn off traction control with the switch which I’ve known but if you hold the switch it turns off Advanced Track, didn’t realize that.... I’ll read up on what the differences are. I also realized in tack mode it turns off the traction control or advanced track not sure which one but I noticed it today.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Played around with the Line Lock after a couple failed attempts. I think it might been a bit easier in my dodge and they don’t give you the silly 15 second time clock... (are you burning out for fun or to heat the tires..)
So holding the ok button I have that mastered. I realized there’s no launch control on the A10s as I was told read it isn’t needed if you put the car in Drag Mode it’ll launch fine... haven’t tried it.

I also realized you can turn off traction control with the switch which I’ve known but if you hold the switch it turns off Advanced Track, didn’t realize that.... I’ll read up on what the differences are. I also realized in tack mode it turns off the traction control or advanced track not sure which one but I noticed it today.
Yeah, there is 2 levels of the traction control. For drag racing, you want it where it says Advanced Track OFF by holding the switch for 8+ seconds. If you shut the car down in the staging lanes, you will have to repeat this step before your run because it will default back to ON.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Was your Dodge a stick? Launch control is to launch with a manual. Have it on the Bullitt, but not the auto.

You don't need to keep the line lock going for 15 seconds. Just hit the OK button and it cancels.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, there is 2 levels of the traction control. For drag racing, you want it where it says Advanced Track OFF by holding the switch for 8+ seconds. If you shut the car down in the staging lanes, you will have to repeat this step before your run because it will default back to ON.
yeah so you have to always hold this button for 8 seconds or does it do it on its on with track/drag mode selected?
(How do I activate the count down timer trees, turned them on but haven’t found out how to use them so to speak)

Was your Dodge a stick? Launch control is to launch with a manual. Have it on the Bullitt, but not the auto.

You don't need to keep the line lock going for 15 seconds. Just hit the OK button and it cancels.
great point, don’t need it on an auto w/drag selected it shall launch just fine.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
yeah so you have to always hold this button for 8 seconds or does it do it on its on with track/drag mode selected?
Yes, for Advanced Trac OFF, you have to always hold it 8+ seconds, even in Drag Mode. I think Track Mode does disable it automatically, but NOT in Drag Mode. You will always have to do it manually.

Some might say to simply pull the connector by the airbox to disable all the nannies but that will also disable line lock and the beast mode shifts in Drag Mode, etc. on a 301A/401A car.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
If you plan on using the line lock feature often, I would suggest using an aftermarket option. I could never get the standard line lock to work at all, even on a flat surface, wheels straight and brake smashed to the floor lol.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I figured it out after few tries, it works well. I’m just too cheap to burn my tires
Sponsored