bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
given ALL. THE. WARNINGS. the car gives out
No Shit. One at exactly 50. Then again at exactly 25.
Closest I've came was about 20 to E. I have no desire to to find out how far I can go with 0 miles to go.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
In your Mustang, when the fuel gauge reads 0 miles until empty, what's the farthest you've driven?
I never let a vehicle with an in-tank fuel pump get that low. Is not worth risking burning up the pump.
Now my old classic cars, I make a point to find where REAL empty is on the gauge , then mark the face with a small piece of red pinstripe tape.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I've never gotten below 1/4 tank. And I hope I never do. I'm one of those that fill up at 1/2 tank most of the time.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Same here. I've gotten the 50 mile, 80 km warning. At storage, I filled to the top, but generally, I keep half full.

The risk of damaging the fuel pump is not worth finding out.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Back in the day before DTE readings and you just had a gauge and maybe a gas light, a friend of mine told me he would bring along a gallon of gas and drive his car until it ran out to see how far below E he could go before needing gas. I always thought this was hilarious and is bringing a smile to my face as I type this.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Back in the day before DTE readings and you just had a gauge and maybe a gas light, a friend of mine told me he would bring along a gallon of gas and drive his car until it ran out to see how far below E he could go before needing gas. I always thought this was hilarious and is bringing a smile to my face as I type this.
Ages ago I would do that on my motorcycle. I'd want to know how far I could go once I switched to the reserve. Of course, back then, none of my bikes had a fuel guage and your warning to switch to reserve consisted of the engine dieing...

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Ages ago I would do that on my motorcycle. I'd want to know how far I could go once I switched to the reserve. Of course, back then, none of my bikes had a fuel guage and your warning to switch to reserve consisted of the engine dieing...
I remember that, I had a 92 FZR600 with this function. Once it started to die you flipped the pepcock and got gas. One time, just after having my bike serviced, it started to die and I went to flip it to reserve and it was already on reserve. The bike tech must have flipped it an never told me. Ended up pushing my bike about half a mile to the gas station.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Funny how many responses don't answer the original question.
Anyway, I don't worry about running low. I don't like to fill up more often than necessary.
I think my worst case was less than 5 more miles after the 0 to Empty warning. I recall that there was still at least a half gallon in the tank. Which would be less than 10 more miles of city driving.

I like how the gauge seems so accurate.
Sponsored