Sponsored

How many of you have driven a GT350 vs GT PP?

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I really really really want a GT350, but I can't justify spending over $60K anytime soon. Maybe when the GT500 hits the streets, the 350 will lose value and I can get my hands on a two year old 350 for around $40K. Wishful thinking?
Wishful thinking. Considering the MSRP I would expect to see 350's all over the place but they seem pretty rare compared to roughly comparable or even more expensive cars. I see far more M3s/M4s,Corvettes, Caymans than I see GT350s. I think GT350s are going to hold their value for a while.
Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
[MENTION=16326]nastang87xx[/MENTION] said it perfectly:

No matter where you're driving you're the man.

There's nothing like pulling up to a C&c or an autocross and getting the attention. The VIN doesn't register as a Gt like the other 'special' stangs ...

Jprada1210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT yellow Jacket
I actually recently just raced a gt350 in my 2017 pp gt in the quarter mile from a 40 roll and we tied. im full bolt on , his only mod was a resonator delete . I'm just happy to know at least I can hang with them in a straight line . We stayed on it after we passed the quarter I would say till about 130-140mph and he couldn't pass me .

You can see the race on my instagram . Jprada_s550

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
I have both the power is noticable

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
The GT350 also climbs RPM much more quick than the GT. Like others said gt350 is all about speeding out of corners on tracks.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
In having both a 15 PP, witch is Supercharged, and a 16 350 track package. The torque even stock on the GT at low end is far superior to the 350. In saying that if I had to sell one, the GT PP would be gone. The 350 is just a special car to drive.
IMG_0285.jpg

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
In having both a 15 PP, witch is Supercharged, and a 16 350 track package. The torque even stock on the GT at low end is far superior to the 350. In saying that if I had to sell one, the GT PP would be gone. The 350 is just a special car to drive.
2,000-3,000rpm - A stock 2015+ GT has on average 15lb-ft of torque more than a GT350

3,250rpm - The GT350 has a torque drop and 34lb-ft less torque than a 15+ GT

3,500rpm+ - The GT350 has 20-47lb-ft MORE torque than a 15+ GT.

-Above 3,500rpm, the GT350 destroys a 2015 GT. Lugging around town, the GT has more torque.

-At 6,750rpm, the GT makes ~388whp. The GT350 makes that power at 5,400rpm. There's no comparison if you're above 3,500rpm.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
OP if you didn't take any corners in the 350, then you probably need to do that and then do a fair comparison. If you're doing the track stuff i figured you'd really like the tremec over the MT-82...two totally different trannys.

I had more of a connection with my 16GTPP and still miss it. Love the sound the factory exhaust makes on the voodoo...but catless headers and corsa sport will always give me a car chub. I want headers for the 350 but can't risk the warranty on this motor...i can replace a coyote without too much financial stress...a voodoo, I'd be sick. It is nice to be able to sneak in my neighborhood at night in normal mode and not scare anyone, although I'm lucky to live around a bunch or car enthusiasts.

For me, once you start factoring in mods to the GT versus mods you won't do to the 350, the price gap closes drastically. And resale value made trying this car a no brainer..but I'll be honest with ya, i won't keep this car forever(i might have my GT if it weren't for my crash).

P.S. - i have only put this in track mode once and don't turn off the nannies anymore :)

#sportmodetilidie

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
One is a fast car. The other is a race car. My Gt350 is very hard to stay legal, cruise control a must or you will find yourself doing over 100mph and thinking you doing 75. You realize all the other cars are just fading away. Engine just keeps teasing you, please let me run. You wait till there is nobody in site front or back and you let her start to breath and she takes your breath away. Soon its over, either you've run out of room to run, or you run out of nerve. The whole time she was wanting more, more time, more speed. She always makes you feel like your in control. Makes me smile.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Anyone tested a gtpp with cobra jet im, and headers against a stock gt350? I would like to see that. According to some dyno's, with only 93 octane pump gas, a gtpp puts more torque and hp everywhere on the curve till 8000 rpm with that setup! Now, add stiffer suspension, 315's rear and 295's front on that car. Let both loose on a road coarse!

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Test drove a GT-PP, bought a GT350 without a test drive.

Around town, both cars are pretty tame, but I agree that the GT-PP has a better low-end.

My GT350 has some annoying engine vibrations at 1900 RPM that are distracting, but I can live with it given how great the car is when you can really get on it.

To me, the biggest difference is that the GT350 engine just keeps pulling harder and harder, and sounds so good doing it. The GT-PP is great too, but does stop short due to the lower redline.

The GT350 shifter is tighter, but I think I'll probably end up getting an MGW anyway.

Overall I love the GT350, and feel special whenever I drive it, even if I'm just cruising along. I also think the GT-PP gives a similar feeling, though. I can see how people would be plenty happy with the GT and not want to spend the extra money (as well as hassle) in getting a reasonable price on a GT350.

-T

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
It seems that in general there are a couple of groups of people in this thread. To sum them up:

1. Those that have a gt350 and bought it because they prefer the, 'special,' nature of the car. To them the price is worth the gains, both tangible and intangible.

2. Those that do not, and feel the price premium on the gt350 is worth it for the performance gains. These people feel the need to justify not getting the gt350, and in general will defend the abilities of the gt.

In truth, the gt350, and the gt350R are both faster than a stock gt in both 0-60, and quarter mile, documented fact. They are also faster on a track in the hands of a very skilled driver. However, most people won't use most of the capabilities of either car, so numbers like that mostly become bench racing. Plus, as noted in the recent comparion of the gt350R vs. the new camaro ZL1, it is possible to have an objectively faster car but still prefer the slower. The best thing you can do is try both and pick what feels better. There is no right or wrong answer.

Bottom line: The gt350 is faster. As to whether the gt350 is worth (significant) markup is a very personal decision, and one each person will have to make.

Personally, I love the way the gt350R makes power for so long, and the engine never feels, 'tired' near redline. It always seems eager to keep pulling, and it revs quickly! People go on and on about the gt350's lack of low end torque, yet you will be over 3500 rpm within what, a second, maybe less? Personally I find I enjoy the ease of use at low rpm, with that really sudden pull once the engine kicks in during hard acceleration. That, plus the best engine sound I have ever heard, and the better styling, imo, made it worth it to me. As someone hoping to keep the car for a long time, and not upgrade every 1-2 years when the new hot thing come, the price increase for the performance and exclusivity were worth it. Plus, as someone who enjoys cars without being a gear head, I find it easier to go with a car that doesn't need $10k in mods to make it faster.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
:ford: GT350 Way more BAD ASS :ford::cheers::lol::headbang::):D:eyebulge::cool::clap2::amen::gossip:

kobexu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT California Special
Why did you buy a 2017 when you knew you might want the 2018? I don't get it.

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
Wishful thinking. Considering the MSRP I would expect to see 350's all over the place but they seem pretty rare compared to roughly comparable or even more expensive cars. I see far more M3s/M4s,Corvettes, Caymans than I see GT350s. I think GT350s are going to hold their value for a while.
Agreed. I've yet to see a 350 on the street. I see Lambos, Ferraris, Porches, etc but never a 350.
Sponsored