How do your store your service history?

MexicanFiestaST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Google doc spreadsheet. My family is driving 4 vehicles, so I have a lot to keep track of across them all, especially for the older vehicles that don't have 'minders'. I do all the maintenance, so it's the only way I can keep my head around up coming oil changes, tire rotations, engine and cabin air filters, brakes, etc.

FWIW, grandpa kept a paper taped to a cabinet in the garage, where we used to write down all the maintenance for his '68 Olds Delta 88. I have that car now, so I have a paper version for old time's sake.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I perfected negative mass tachyons to store that information. However, now all my service records go back in time.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Google doc spreadsheet. My family is driving 4 vehicles, so I have a lot to keep track of across them all, especially for the older vehicles that don't have 'minders'. I do all the maintenance, so it's the only way I can keep my head around up coming oil changes, tire rotations, engine and cabin air filters, brakes, etc.

FWIW, grandpa kept a paper taped to a cabinet in the garage, where we used to write down all the maintenance for his '68 Olds Delta 88. I have that car now, so I have a paper version for old time's sake.
Excel here, but if I started again it would be in google. I'm not worried about proving anything, this is for my own records.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Physically, documents of any kind go in a Bigso box.

https://bigso.com/products/office/rasmus-documentbox/

In that box is also a Moleskine notebook, for hand-written entries (color-coded, by ink).

https://www.moleskine.com/en-us/shop/notebooks/the-original-notebook/

Blue: body and detailing.
Purple: routine checks.
Black: maintenance.
Red: repairs or recalls.

Logically, activities are updated in the FordPass app and Carfax. Often, this is an entry (activity, date, mileage, etc.) with a brief note and at least one supporting photo.

The physical items are for me and future owners. Logical, the outside world, references for Ford, et al.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
After viewing this thread I was inspired to put a folder together, much easier than laying in a pile. Work in progress…… Thanks @V8_MOTOR
IMG_8007.jpeg

IMG_8008.jpeg

IMG_8009.jpeg
Very nice! I agree, I just got sick of the massive pile so thought I better sort this out. It was actually nice going through it all to see how the car came to be to what it is now. I do all the work on it myself like a lot of people on here and my YT and insta act as a visual record as well.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Very nice! I agree, I just got sick of the massive pile so thought I better sort this out. It was actually nice going through it all to see how the car came to be to what it is now. I do all the work on it myself like a lot of people on here and my YT and insta act as a visual record as well.
It’s all part of being an enthusiast and sometimes it’s the little things that bring it all together

Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Receipts, hard copies in a legal size folder/envelope. Records of repairs, stuffI do myself is organized in the Notes app on my iPhone. I have a category for car maintenance and a "note" for each vehicle. Each is organized by different topics, like oil change, tire rotation, etc. I also keep torque specs, oil and filter info, etc.

This syncs with my laptop and desktop computers.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
That's a great idea, I just keep all my documentation in an envelope. Where did you get this folder from or did you make it yourself?
Mine was all piled up on a shelf so I decided to make this one myself.
Sponsored